Opinions on nutes for soil and flowering

Coldsmoke

Hello folks, thought I’d see if anybody was possibly interested to offer an opinion or two. Anyway 2 plants, strain is blue cheese, plants are clones almost 6wks old. Plants were in greenhouse brought inside after I finally acquired tent and light. Plants stalled in growth and went thru a reveg I believe, very bushy and 1 finger leaves and oddly shaped leaves and was also not watering correctly. Had some clawing did a flush which seem to get me on the right track.I am in ffof soil and have been feeding FF trio for last 3 wks. To my novice eye plants look decent, I’m curious about adding cal mag and possibly silica? People seem to like it, I can’t tell if I really need it. Plants are almost 11in tall, can’t seem to get much stretch out of them. Last pruning was 3wks ago with some Lst. Work had me away for awhile, and ready to give them the attention they need hopefully. Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 889C0ECD-F062-4FF7-942B-E631B6DF050C.jpeg
    889C0ECD-F062-4FF7-942B-E631B6DF050C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • 8CDBC52F-4EC1-4C87-8153-9CAE16B52290.jpeg
    8CDBC52F-4EC1-4C87-8153-9CAE16B52290.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
hey coldsmoke, plants look happy and healthy. I've not used your nutrients or cal-mag or silica. However, I know that a lot of members here like it and implement it. Maybe wait for another member to shine a light on this. @MrSauga

hey coldsmoke, plants look happy and healthy. I've not used your nutrients or cal-mag or silica. However, I know that a lot of members here like it and implement it. Maybe wait for another member to shine a light on this. @MrSauga
Thxs for your input PK appreciate it, If I can avoid using any other nutrients I’m all for it. Like you mentioned lots of people seem to like the Cal mag and silica. Unless something comes up with my plants I’ll hold off for now.

Thxs for your input PK appreciate it, If I can avoid using any other nutrients I’m all for it. Like you mentioned lots of people seem to like the Cal mag and silica. Unless something comes up with my plants I’ll hold off for now.
well, you mentioned you recently did a flush. Hopefully their back to normal

I would like to suggest the easiest method of growing organically that there is. Why organic? You don't have to worry about pH or dosages or flushing... the plants and the microbes take care of everything. Isn't organic hard to do? Not anymore! Check out our sponsors, @GeoFlora Nutrients and find that they have made Organics easy. Simply apply the granules on the top of your container once every two weeks and water like normal. It is as easy as that, and the grows are amazing... and organic quality at the end. Growing shouldn't be hard and there should not be a need for all this extra add on stuff that everyone thinks is so important and that costs so much to use. Start with a good organic based nutrient system, and there is no need for anything else.

Unless you have a deficiency then I wouldn't add any calmag. Silica is used from start to finish to increase the cell wall size and to allow better transport of nutrients. This late and it won't do much for plant.

I would like to suggest the easiest method of growing organically that there is. Why organic? You don't have to worry about pH or dosages or flushing... the plants and the microbes take care of everything. Isn't organic hard to do? Not anymore! Check out our sponsors, @GeoFlora Nutrients and find that they have made Organics easy. Simply apply the granules on the top of your container once every two weeks and water like normal. It is as easy as that, and the grows are amazing... and organic quality at the end. Growing shouldn't be hard and there should not be a need for all this extra add on stuff that everyone thinks is so important and that costs so much to use. Start with a good organic based nutrient system, and there is no need for anything else.
I do like the idea of all organic, I’ll look into this a bit more. Thxs for the info.

Unless you have a deficiency then I wouldn't add any calmag. Silica is used from start to finish to increase the cell wall size and to allow better transport of nutrients. This late and it won't do much for plant.
Ok, makes sense. I’ll just leave her be at this time. They seem to be doing ok so far to me. I’ll just roll with that for now, thxs for the info, much appreciated.

I couldn’t agree more!! Growing organic is so much easier than I expected. Using diluted harmless harvest coconut water every other watering did wonders for the girls too!! The lady bugs were also helpful! Until they weren’t...lol they flew away every morning.

B4C7B600-9C3D-4959-841E-1A84F0396929.jpeg

I have used FF for a year. I would love a simpler system, instead of measuring out the nutes. I still have a lot of the FF liquids. How much is measured out at each feeding?

I have used FF for a year. I would love a simpler system, instead of measuring out the nutes. I still have a lot of the FF liquids. How much is measured out at each feeding?
Mega Crop, one part nutr/fert that gets mixed with your water. its for soil and hydro and it can't get easier than that.

Mega Crop, one part nutr/fert that gets mixed with your water. its for soil and hydro and it can't get easier than that.
It actually can get easier than that. I simply pour out 8oz of Geoflora granules for each 10 gallons of container size, right on top of the soil, once every two weeks. Between those applications of nutes, I simply water with tap water with no pH requirements.

It actually can get easier than that. I simply pour out 8oz of Geoflora granules for each gallon of container size, right on top of the soil, once every two weeks. Between those applications of nutes, I simply water with tap water with no pH requirements.
don't get me wrong. although i've never used it, i've see great results. ex; your grow and phantoms.
but don't they have multiple lines of additives that you mix and match with?
cuz for a beginner and tester like myself, it doesn't get more simple than mc. i'm sure i don't have to explain that to you how mc works :laughtwo:

don't get me wrong. although i've never used it, i've see great results. ex; your grow and phantoms.
but don't they have multiple lines of additives that you mix and match with?
cuz for a beginner and tester like myself, it doesn't get more simple than mc. i'm sure i don't have to explain that to you how mc works :laughtwo:
nope, no additives. They have a veg formula and a bloom formula, so in that regard it is twice as complicated as MC, because you actually need to know which stage you are in. Other than that, the only thing that I am finding that I need under all these LED lights, is calmag.

nope, no additives. They have a veg formula and a bloom formula, so in that regard it is twice as complicated as MC, because you actually need to know which stage you are in. Other than that, the only thing that I am finding that I need under all these LED lights, is calmag.
so you only up does the water to achieve the levels you want? if so, then that is pretty easy like mc.
just like yourself, i don't ph when i was using promix hp with mc. i'm not sure if i needed cal-mag when i was in promix but that's only cuz im not fully experienced

so you only up does the water to achieve the levels you want? if so, then that is pretty easy like mc.
just like yourself, i don't ph when i was using promix hp with mc. i'm not sure if i needed cal-mag when i was in promix but that's only cuz im not fully experienced
not sure what you are asking here... please rephrase. And after thinking about it, because my application rate never changes, just .8oz per gallon of container size every two weeks, it is actually easier than MC, even though there are two versions, the veg and bloom. I am not determining dosage levels at all based on age or size of plant or leaf color.

Sounds simple doesn’t it. I have 6-7 gallon containers. I’ll have to try it. I have a blueberry and an auto cherry. Blueberry leaves are sagging somewhat.
Time to water tonight. Going every two days now. How quick do you go thru a bag, Emilya?

Back
Top Bottom