Opinions On Very First Grow

completenoob

I know it is probably difficult to give advice based on pictures alone, but I would appreciate if some soil/earth growers could tell me if my plant looks healthy, and possibly any suggestions. I thank anyone who offers me their opinion.

20150527_155702.jpg

Thanks

-completenoob

ps : Well once I figure out how I can post images ,I will do so.

re: Opinions On Very First Grow.

I know it is probably difficult to give advice based on pictures alone, but I would appreciate if some soil/earth growers could tell me if my plant looks healthy, and possibly any suggestions. I thank anyone who offers me their opinion.

Thanks

-completenoob

ps : Well once I figure out how I can post images ,I will do so. I was trying to use -----

Click on Gallery at the top then add photos and just follow your way through. :peace:

okay I have succeeded in posting an image.
I have tried researching and to be honest, I think a dog has more success chasing his tail.

Humus (from decomposed organics like leafs) good for my plant? Does my plant even remotely look healthy? I am torn between keeping the plant in the 5 gallon bucket or transplanting straight into the ground. I am not too concerned about yield being over the top, I just want a healthy plant. I have closely inspected and I believe I have witnessed female indicators but, as you can tell from my choice of name I am a completenoob.

being a smoker =/= being a grower haha, :(

You can grow it out in a 5 gallon pot no problem, but it won't become huge. From the picture that you posted the plant looks to be healthy. Beyond that I won't be much help.

Re: Opinions On Very First Grow.

Looks just fine but could do with a larger pot which may help out yield.

Ye Humus is part of the plant food chain i'm pretty sure it breaks down further via beneficial organisms into humic & fulvic acids which plants use also.

As you have mention Humus is derived from decomposed organic matter such as leaf litter, well rotted manures & other sources to which are many.

These may have trace value NPK macro nutrients the three main elements of plant food, others may contain trace value micro nutrients which also support plant growth.

@Fuzzy Duck,Stealthboat & JuanCarlos

outdoor. I have read that heavy rains are bad, and I have done my best to keep out of rain. In my area we have been experiencing heavy torrential downpours. I will take your advices with more than a grain of salt, and if the consensus is my plant would do better in the ground then it shall be done today some time.

one of my largest concerns is all this rain going on. should I plant under a heavy foliage tree as to shield from the heavy rains? plant in an open area where it will receive direct sunlight for as long as possible during the day?

thanks for your all your advice

Heavy rain would be bad for the plant, might be worth it to wait until the storms are out of your area. And I'd worry about how much light the plant will get first and foremost, it will determine how big the plant gets. If you have to keep it hidden from people then that's a different story. I don't have any experience with outdoor unfortunately so I'll let someone else chime in

I'm currently a month into my first grow so I'm a noob too but I'm learning. I'm also doing outdoors, you might want to wait a little while before planting in the ground if your area has downpours frequently. I was planning on transferring my plants into the ground at first but have now decided to just use large pots. The problem with planting in the ground is that it's stuck there permanently. Also your ground soil is most likely no where near the quality of your potting soil. The benefit is that the plant can grow to its full potential, but if a storm hits then your going to just have to ride it out and hope for the best. And yes you would want to plant it so it gets the most sunlight as possible. Another downside to planting in the ground is that, if for some reason it gets really cold at night, you can't move it inside. Basically whatever elements that Mother Nature brings you, your going to have to deal with and hope your plant copes well. Another big disadvantage to planting in the ground is that you won't be able to control the life cycle of your plant, what I mean by that is that you won't be able to induce flowering, you'll have to wait until the days get shorter. I'm growing outdoors but I'm keeping mine in pots so I can bring them inside and induce flowering (12/12) when my plants get to my desired size. But I'm doing that because I can't let my plants grow out of control due to my location, and I don't think I can flower outdoors because the smell would draw to much attention. So it really depends on your situation, if you have the space and location to let your plant grow out of control and your willing to wait until the plant naturally flowers then planting in the ground might not be a bad idea. Just beware of excessive rain and cold spells.

Back
Top Bottom