Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

@Blazinjones, can you acquire some CBD isolate? It may be a great help in the tapering process. Something we don't yet understand is going on when high CBD is used, at the 1:5 to :10 THC:CBD from the looks of it so far.

I suspect it's helping the brain get past the thought pattern that tells you you'll fail again. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I see a pattern evolving. Couple higher ratios of CBD to a supportive group to talk you through the rough patches and your chances of success increase.

Anyone else see this as a plausible explaination for at least part of what we're seeing?

Idk where i would even start to look for isolate as i dnt have access to a dispensary but i did see a video on youtube about a guy making isolate i think he called it from rosin so maybe i cud look into tht thanx for the info every little bit helps. As for cbd im guna wait to try another cbd critical cure bean till my rockwool cubes show up cause the last 2 beans i did in my dwc buckets in straight clay pebbles had some issues taking root and shedding there helmets so i dnt wana wastey precious beans lmao omg tht sounded so funny after i heard it in my head rereading it hahaha but i still got 4 cbd c.c beans left so once the cubes show up ill be back in business lol. Altho i have some black domina crossed with hindu kush skunk buds that i jus harvested so im guna make some oil out of tht n make some bio bombs to see if tht will help with my xtra pain n sleeping

:hug::hug::hug: Hi SS, I have put some considerable thought into why I think the support and cbd helped. I can attest that support is very very important I lost track of how many times I tried to get clean by myself. I talked to the Angel SweetSue and that was the beginning of learning how to be clean. That was the most important step for me.
As for the high cbd,when I smoked a high dose of cbd I would have a warm calming sensation come over my body and mind. That sensation really helped with all of the symptoms. That’s why I think it helped me.
God bless you

CBS....... Hi Mr DirtDemon and SweetSue or anyone, Old Humboldt hippie here (outdoor growing) and first time indoor grower. Neck and back broken = OXY.
Government has taken 90% away and I'm looking for pain relief and eventually quit the OXY all together.
I m Trying to grow WWA for my first indoor grow because in the description it said beginner. Do you recommend a good strain with the right stuff for severe spinal damage? I don't want to be a vegetable all day but hopefully I can feel better.
I'm not in a legal area anymore so I can't grow outside.
Thanks for caring everyone,
God Bless,

John

CBS....... Hi Mr DirtDemon and SweetSue or anyone, Old Humboldt hippie here (outdoor growing) and first time indoor grower. Neck and back broken = OXY.
Government has taken 90% away and I'm looking for pain relief and eventually quit the OXY all together.
I m Trying to grow WWA for my first indoor grow because in the description it said beginner. Do you recommend a good strain with the right stuff for severe spinal damage? I don't want to be a vegetable all day but hopefully I can feel better.
God Bless,

John
Good day John, anything with high cbd, there is a product called CBD move here in Canada. It’s 99% pure cbd crystalline. I mixed edibles with it and added it to weed for smoking. It is a major aid in fighting the withdrawal symptoms. If you can’t order it in the country you live in. I will send it to you it’s a great product. Bananas help with cramping and talking about how your feeling, physically and emotionally very important. You got this.

YES!! :high-five:

God Bless,

John

Have you grown indoors before John? It's a shame about the restriction to growing. Indoors is all about either getting them huge or keeping a perpetual clicking along.

My goodness, where are my manners? :welcome: to the thread. :hug::hug::hug: The government did you a favor by cutting the supply of Oxys. Trust me on that.

We've learned the interesting fact that CBD has much more to do with pain management than we originally believed, so right off the bat I'd suggest you acquire some CBD crystalline product and put it to good use. There are any number of sources online selling. Look for something made with hemp grown in the US, Kentucky or Colorado, if you're lucky enough to find it.

How do you currently administer the cannabis you're using for pain management? Clinical data suggests a 1:1 ratio would be most effective, with the possibility of a higher ratio of CBD. What doesn't seem to be as effective is a higher ratio of THC.

My suggestion would be to grow something high in THC and beta-caryophyllene, something like GrandDaddy Purple, and balance it with a CBD isolate. Then I'd begin ramping up the CBD until it worked.

It's a little more complex than that, but not much more. A good approach for someone new to cannabis is to begin with high CBD doses - 25-50 mg a dose seems appropriate - and micro dose in THC in 1-5 mg steps.

For severe back pain you may want to look into the possibility of biobombs used as suppositories. It's been quite effective when used, but it's not a commonly chosen pathway.

Do you have a strong topical on hand, or the means to make one?

God Bless,

John

First off wanted to say great name man lol i love the john wick movies. Now on to serious matters lol i feel u man im currently doing the same exact thing with my doctors n them cutting my meds dwn i originally had a doc tht was cool with me smoking an even said she wud rather have me smoking herb then doing other drugs so tht was cool but then she changed jobs or sumthn so i had 2 find a new doc n cause i had marijuana in my system no1 wud take me as a patient but i finally managed to find1 but he wud only prescribe me stuff if i agreed to working to get off which i wanted to do anyway i jus wanted to do it slowly due to other health issues i have i didnt want the withdrawal to send me back to ICU last time that happened i almost died an lost around 300 pounds in 2 months an well short story version is if it happens again i dnt have another 300 pounds to shed while the hospital hooks me up 2 cords n all that other fun electronic crap lol to make another run in the hospital if things go bad again so anotherwards i have to take it super slow n wen i get nauseous have to combat it right away so ive been using bio bombs i make from a recipe i got from sweetsue on here n i use the strains black domina alot since its the one im using in making my own cross an it helps with my pain n depression alot an even with my nausea a tad and then strawberry cake both of which help with the depression but this one helps with my nausea aspect of getting off opoids better then my cross and now ive started to grow master kush and blue cheese which r supposed to help alot with pain also. So those r a few of the main photo strains im using. Now as for autos im using red poison from sweet seeds man that makes great concentrate and is jus a plain good tasting smoke lol an really helps give me an appetite and helps alot to lift the spirits up if ur feeling down and depressed. An tangie'matic which the tangie makes great concentrates or oil u get alot from this strain. An bluedream also alot of triches with this strain and gorilla glue which is an insane yielder and frosty as hell lol this one really helps with the pain. Im noticing that the concentrates r what helps with my pain the most if i take a nice fat dab my pain goes dwn quite abit but it dnt last long so im in hopes of fine tunning the list a tad and finding one that works great when i make some biobomb capsules and maybe that will make the pain coverage last longer. Anyway hope that list helps u out alil in choosing something that helps u to successfully get off opiates. Good luck bro and congrats for making a great life decision we will be rooting for u.

Have you grown indoors before John? It's a shame about the restriction to growing. Indoors is all about either getting them huge or keeping a perpetual clicking along.

My goodness, where are my manners? :welcome: to the thread. :hug::hug::hug: The government did you a favor by cutting the supply of Oxys. Trust me on that.

We've learned the interesting fact that CBD has much more to do with pain management than we originally believed, so right off the bat I'd suggest you acquire some CBD crystalline product and put it to good use. There are any number of sources online selling. Look for something made with hemp grown in the US, Kentucky or Colorado, if you're lucky enough to find it.

How do you currently administer the cannabis you're using for pain management? Clinical data suggests a 1:1 ratio would be most effective, with the possibility of a higher ratio of CBD. What doesn't seem to be as effective is a higher ratio of THC.

My suggestion would be to grow something high in THC and beta-caryophyllene, something like GrandDaddy Purple, and balance it with a CBD isolate. Then I'd begin ramping up the CBD until it worked.

It's a little more complex than that, but not much more. A good approach for someone new to cannabis is to begin with high CBD doses - 25-50 mg a dose seems appropriate - and micro dose in THC in 1-5 mg steps.

For severe back pain you may want to look into the possibility of biobombs used as suppositories. It's been quite effective when used, but it's not a commonly chosen pathway.

Do you have a strong topical on hand, or the means to make one?

Hey sue i sent u a pm but u havnt got back 2me i cant remember the name for the cob journal or what journal its in where u discuss making cobs but i was wondering would this item work for making them or no?

Hey sue i sent u a pm but u havnt got back 2me i cant remember the name for the cob journal or what journal its in where u discuss making cobs but i was wondering would this item work for making them or no?

I sent you a link to the answer Jones. Sorry I missed this earlier. :hug:

Hey y’all good morning, rough night last night. Lots of pain by far the worst flair up since I’ve been opiate free. I survived it but if there was a opiate in the house I would have eaten it. Sad face. I hope a time will come where it don’t matter how much it hurts, I never consider opiates.
I guess I really could have scored if I put any kind of effort towards it. All I did was think about how I would eat it if I had it. Well maybe it’s not that bad I thought that, but it scares me when I think like that. My Mandi will be home this afternoon that is good news. SweetSues pain cream is so much more effective when it’s applied by a pretty lady :kiss: . I know this to be true.
I hope y’all have a great weekend.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:Jic someone needs a hug

Hey y’all good morning, rough night last night. Lots of pain by far the worst flair up since I’ve been opiate free. I survived it but if there was a opiate in the house I would have eaten it. Sad face. I hope a time will come where it don’t matter how much it hurts, I never consider opiates.
I guess I really could have scored if I put any kind of effort towards it. All I did was think about how I would eat it if I had it. Well maybe it’s not that bad I thought that, but it scares me when I think like that. My Mandi will be home this afternoon that is good news. SweetSues pain cream is so much more effective when it’s applied by a pretty lady :kiss: . I know this to be true.
Keep at it, you're doing great. :hug:
I completely understand the temptation when pain gets bad. I was a walking billboard for hyperalgesia when I was taking opiates. Those pills were providing about 30 min of pain relief but making all of my body pain so much more extreme the cost started to outweigh the benefits of taking them anymore.
You will continue to find ways to mitigate pain without them the longer you're off.

Keep truckin' forward, you're fucking killin' it!

:passitleft:

Great job bro congrats u made u it threw. Member one day at a time an u got this great job again. And yeah i bet its way better wen applied by a hottie hahaha gud for u brotha well hope everything gets better for ya with some good ole sweetsue cream keep ur head up and stay positive u can do this were rooting for ya

No sad faces, you're simply being human. :battingeyelashes: All is well. You've proven to yourself that you could do it. Every day it gets easier to ignore. One day you'll wake up and realize you can't remember the last time you craved them.

No one gets there overnight. This is incremental work, and you've survived the worst of it.

Time to get to the business of pain management. Fiddle with your ratios. I'm beginning to suspect that for chronic pain the ratios are best tipped heavily to CBD, probably between a 1:3 or 1:5 THC:CBD. I find it interesting that the clinicians are saying 1:1, but then they almost immediately go to higher CBD.

This regimen is also structured like that - start in balance, when you get to 10 mg of each begin to ramp up CBD until you get to 1:5, and then start increasing both cannabinoids in balance. So you end up with a high CBD ratio.

The reasoning behind the incremental increases is that you'll never know how little cannabis it takes to offer you the relief you need if you shoot right past it in the beginning. Dr. Smith himself claims that most of his chronic pain patients are taking doses less than 10 mg of each cannabinoid. I think it's worth it to come at THC levels as slowly and gently as you can.

I'd shoot for 3-4 doses a day, and with your pain levels @Dirtdemon I'd consider a BioBomb suppository at bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom