Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

sjhfiwghe

This is my first grow, and journal for that matter. Keeping it strictly organic, and low cost. I have a small budget but need the medicine. My illness has forced me into daily medication (in pill form, with nasty side effects). So, I'm doing this in the hope that I can balance my body with nature. God made the earth, and the things in it, beautifully, and wonderfully. Hopefully I won't get in the way too much.

Strain: SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel.
The seeds came from a female that hermied from temp stress. They were grown in an aeroponic environment with "organic" botanicare nutrients. Although the mother produced seeds, the buds that enveloped them were exceptionally flavorful and aromatic. Sweet citrus & pine are the most prevalent flavor profiles, a slight hint of fuel would leap into the nostrils on exhale. The hops like flavor lingered for quite some time after the toke. She produced a very steady uplifting sativa high that seemed to tingle its way from your neck to your face and eyes. Although intense, the high was very energetic and mind clearing. It gave enhanced focus and creativity, and also completely cured my incessant nausea and tremors.
I loved the strain so much that I had to try the seeds, even if I got two more hermies out of the deal.

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forrest
I amended the soil with Epsom salt, Espoma plant tone NPK 5-3-3 (bio-tone formula to keep it as close to organic as budget will allow), a very small bit of dolomite lime (Used for ph balancing since I'm using de-chlorinated tap water), worm castings, and some root system from a previous veggie grow. I mixed the soil and allowed it to cook for four weeks prior to use.

Nutrients: Espoma Bio-Tone, Compost/worm tea, epsom salt in late flower.
I am only going to top dress with bio-tone at just <quarter strength every three weeks. I will water with compost tea every other water, bi-weekly until flower. I will then give compost tea with every other water until flush. Two-three weeks before harvest I will top dress with epsom salt to increase flavor and aroma profiles.
I want to switch to Doc Buds High Brix kit on my next grow but inexperience and budget got in my way this time around.

Lights: CFL, 6 x 23watt 5000k day spectrum for veg, and 12-18 x 23watt 2700k warm spectrum for flower.
I plan to keep a few of the full spectrum bulbs around during flower for a more complete light source, but only for supplementary lighting. I have been reading about dormgrow LED and plan to switch to them for my later grows also. The light schedule is 18/6 in veg, and 12/12 in flower.

Ventilation: ionizing fan with essential oil diffuser and carbon screen. Used for both pest control, and air purification.

Temp: very steady at 77-80 degrees during lights on, and 75-76 during darkness.

Environment: indoor, grow closet 2x4x7

I'm starting the journal a little late, as I started the seeds in purified water on August 20th. I took them from the water and put them directly into the soil, they both sprouted within the first day in the soil. Fortunately, I took photos starting at day 5. I will add those, and continue to add many others through harvest.

Thank you for coming along for the ride, I hope this can be enlightened, encouraging, and enjoyable for everyone. God Bless

re: Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

image33194.jpg

View image in gallery

re: Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

image33192.jpg

This photo was taken just over a week ago

Good morning :420: I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Woke up this morning and took these two some water. I was unpleasantly surprised to see some minor spotting on the big fan leaves. I've been using plain water this week, so maybe a little calcium carbonate and mag will rectify the issue on the next water. I'm not going to get too worked up about it though, seems pretty minor as of right now.
I'll add some photos this evening.

image33367.jpg

I suspect a mild nutrient burn at this point. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. Replies are certainly :welcome:

image33463.jpg

This is a cola from the same strain that was recently harvested.

Plants look great man, nice low budget grow for sure. Will make some nice medicine.

I'm growing half of my current crop organic w/ supersoil and half chemical ferts (advanced nutrients).. Really starting to appreciate the simplicity of organic lol.

As far as the yellowing on the leaves, i'd say calcium and magnesium would be a good idea to try. Worth noting that most liquid Calmag supplements will slightly harm your microherd & yummy mycorrhizae.

Check my grow out too!:thumb:

Thanks 360! Ive been looking into a few organic liquid nutrients, but my budget is pretty small though, do you know of any cheap organic options?

I've only spent around $50 for my whole setup. I'm using cheap cfl's, recycled soil, and free compost teas as nutrients. I might just have to bite the bullet though and save up for some nutrients.

Cheers! :thumb:

I added my mobile screens today and started lst. I had a bit of a cal-mag issue that I corrected with a round of nutes. Here are some pics from today. :volcano-smiley:
image33754.jpg
image33756.jpg

Thanks 360! Ive been looking into a few organic liquid nutrients, but my budget is pretty small though, do you know of any cheap organic options?

I've only spent around $50 for my whole setup. I'm using cheap cfl's, recycled soil, and free compost teas as nutrients. I might just have to bite the bullet though and save up for some nutrients.

Cheers! :thumb:

I'd look into some of General Hydroponics "General Organics" line, organic bottle nutes backed by a solid company. Great priced too.

You could also brew up teas with compost, earthworm castings, humic acid, guano, whatever you can get your hands on. Teas may be the cheaper option, bottle nutes more convenient and come with a feeding schedule.

Thanks for the tip 360. I'll check em out for sure. By the way, how's your grow goin?

image33831.jpg

Those bottom nodes are really starting to come up and stand out. I'm glad I decided to start training them.

I threw those tomato cage mobile screens together in about 20 minutes. Hopefully they work.

I've had some pretty intense yellowing at the lower fan leaves. I decided today to trim a few off and add two teaspoons of Epsom salt to each plant. I also blended some crushed and dried egg shells in some clean de chlorinated tap water and added it to them over the Epsom salt to act as a solvent and get both into the media.

I also transplanted into larger 4g pots. The root ball on each plant filled the old 2gallon pots completely. The roots were stark white and furry as can be. They looked very healthy and quite ready for a transplant.

I noticed the lower branches starting to grow into an even canopy, and new leaf structure covered in trichs.

Back
Top Bottom