Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

re: Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

Flower time!
I defoliated the larger fan leaves to focus the energy on flower production. The OG genetics seem to do well with this type of pruning, and I have noticed a measurable increase in new growth. I have to admit though, that I was pretty nervous about trimming those fan leaves...lol.
My dad has been coaching my through the grow, and he recommended the trim. Glad I listened!

Here are a few pics from this evening. I watered about an hour before I took them, so they look pretty happy.
image34598.jpg
image34599.jpg
image34600.jpg

re: Organic Grow - SFV-OG x Sweet Diesel - FFOF - CFL Lighting - Bio-Tone & Worm Tea

Oh yeah, I trimmed a few lower branches and turned two little ones into clones.

image34677.jpg

I'm really happy with the trich production that started after pruning those fan leaves! I have some blackstrap coming that should really help fatten up the flowers and increase resin production even more.

I've been thinking that I need to add some more lights. I have ten 23watt up now, but could probably use a few more.

image34764.jpg
image34765.jpg
image34763.jpg

Here are some photos from this morning.

Today was harvest day. The trichomes were all cloudy with about 10% amber. 50% or so of the pistils were red. I was having a lot of leaf change, and was down to the top most fan leaves left on the stems. Things seem to have worked out pretty well.

The aroma from them is Like sweet fruit and pine, with a earthy spice undertone. It really kind of reminded me of the smell of NyQuil. I don't know if that's going to translate into anything upon smoking, but I'm eager to find out. The outer calyx on both plants turned a nice dark shade of purple. I'll add some better light pics later today. Smoke report coming soon!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom