Organic Grow

Whats up guys, I have a decent amount of harvests under my belt and I'm looking to improve my grows in every way. This time I'm starting with a complete organic line of products from Blue Planet Nutrients. I've seen some great results from those who are using this line, along with their other nutrient lines.

I'm going to be using my new seedlings and new strains on this run. They haven't been fed yet as they are about a week old. I'm also going to be using it on my white widows, but they have had a couple of feedings with the GH line, so they won't be featured on here until bloom when I just want to show some random bud shots.

Strains: Nirvana [Aurora Indica, Master Kush], World of Seeds [Afghan Kush], Reserva Privada [OG Kush #18], Dinafem [Cheese, RoadRunner(auto)]

Medium: Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil. 1-3gal pots.
Light: Veg: 600w Dimmable MH, Flower: 600w HPS. Open reflectors on both.
Feeding Schedule: Going to be relying on the recommended schedule from BPN, and adjusting from there as the plants show me what they want.

Grow Plan: Veg for a couple weeks until they start branching and take the bottom 2 branches as clones. veg for another couple of weeks until around a foot tall, then flower.

I will be posting some pics of the seedlings tonight with their first feeding. These nutrients are sitting next to me in the box unopened and I can smell a slight poo smell. They're that legit

Organic Feed Chart for Reference
feed_schedule_organicfp2.jpg

Sounds great, I'm in. Want to see BPN's organic lineup. How many plants you planning to fit under the 600?

I run perpetual so I generally like to introduce 4-6 of them depending on size each month. I can usually get around 8 1gal pots under the 600w evenly. I've packed more in there, but the ones on the outside don't get as much light

Only 1 gal....don't they get pretty rootbound? I'd use a 2 or 3 gal for a foot tall veg plant.

yeah depends on the size of the plant, if they need transplanted they get thrown in 3gal pots, but I prefer to use 1gal. I have had some 3' plants in 1 gal pots before, as long as you keep up with the feeding, they handle it. I do get slightly bigger yields with 3gal pots, but I can only fit half as many plants in there, so I actually yield more from the 1g pot placement. I'm also not counting on these plants stretching too much, other than the og18 which ill probably bloom before it gets to 12" cause I heard it likes the stretch.

I tend to go by what the plants are telling me regardless of how I've had things planned out.

Are you using Happy Frog the entire time? That's what my girls are in right now and they seem to be loving it. I was going to put them in something a little richer but they seem to be thriving on just water and Happy Frog right now(almost 2 weeks). Think I can get away with using just Happy Frog and the BPN 2 part?

yeah I'll be using happy frog the whole time, I have grown primarily with this soil, it works great for the first few weeks, you don't need to feed them at all. You should be good with the 2 part, there are times where I don't need to feed until they go into flower, but if you do feed in veg, they explode with growth. It's a great soil, I swear by it. I tried FFOF once and it was too light and airy. People say the happy frog holds too much water, but I've never experienced this. I don't pack the soil down when I plant, I just pour it in the containers and gently pack it, then top off after a few waterings when it condenses. I never have issues with it holding too much water.

Subbed for this as well. Just got my Farmer's Pride a couple days ago. I noticed the same poo smell coming from the closed box. Thinking of doing about the same as you with the 1 gal pots, mine will be clones. Once these others finish in about a month or so.

:goodluck: with your grow.

I generally work with clones, but I just popped these strains for the first time, so the clone army will come after they're big enough :)

I have some SLH and Wonder Woman that just went into bloom, they will be switched over to the organic nutes too, but they won't be the focus of the journal.

@McMuffinface the 2-part will do great in soil. You will be fine. There is a very accomplished grower on youtube that goes by "GrowerMD" he is using my 2-part as his base in coco coir with great results.

@TheCrimsonK20 I have grown aurora indica from Nirvana before and I liked it alot. Out of teh 6 ladies I had, there were 2 different genotypes. one was short and stubby (Typical indica) and the other 3 were tall and lanky. Both turned a little purple in the last 2 weeks of flower. i think this was because I let the temps get down into the 50's and I might have had a little P deficiency brought on by the cool temps. but they smelled really "grapey" which was really nice.....

btw, I'm Subbed!!!
:)

I took pictures last night but this morning in my rush out the door I forgot my camera, so they will be delayed.

I got the nutrients home last night and they stink something fierce. At first I was thinking I would need to store them somewhere out of the grow room because the entire room began to smell, so odor control is a must with these. I have a jar of ONA gel I use and I put about an inch in a couple of old 2L bottles I had from last harvest and put them around the room in front of the fans, it took care of the smell pretty well, but inside the grow room you can still smell it. It is to be expected with organics.

I was super excited to start feeding with this so I cracked the bottles open immediately. I started out slow just to see what kind of reaction I got out of the plants as I do when trying any new nutrients

5ml grow
5ml bloom
3ml micro

didn't add the other ones just yet, I was waiting to see what this does for them. My ppm's were around 250 which is surprisingly low, it seems the nutrients barely raised the ppms. My ph stayed at 7.5 like it does from the tap, so as BPN states, there is no need for ph adjustment as long as you're using RO or distilled water. I adjusted my ph down to 6.3 and fed the following

2x Wonder Woman (2nd week flower)
2x SLH (2nd week flower)
2x White Widow (2nd week veg)
5x SLH (2nd week rooted)

I must say that if you want to see instant results, get this stuff. I fed them lightly and my SLH clones grew almost an inch overnight. My wonder woman in flower began to show N deficiencies like it usually does on its 2nd week, and this feeding cleared it right up, the tops are nice and green again. I'll shoot some pictures tonight and post the ones from before the feeding and after, hopefully you can see a difference.

I'm loving this stuff already, I can't wait to smoke the bud from it. My seedlings will be ready to start feeding pretty soon, they're on their second set of leaves. I'm thinking by the weekend they should be good to go, although the aurora indica and master kush are about 1 week ahead, they might get a feeding on Thursday when the other girls do.

LOL I tried taking pictures this morning and I got 2 in and then my camera said my memory card was full. I'll at least show you guys what I have so you can see the explosive growth on the new SLH clones.

This is right after the first feed with Blue Planet Nutrient organics
The round pots are all SLH clones, the 2 tallest are white widows, just topped. The other seedlings are (top to bottom, left to right) master kush, afghan kush, road runner auto, cheese, aurora indica, og #18
09-12-11_001.jpg

Here is a shot I took this morning, just 2 days after their feed. Look at the difference in the SLH clones, it's crazy growth I never see this early. You can even see the widows grew a significant amount in those 2 days for being as young as they are.
09-14-11_001.jpg

Here is a shot of the wonder woman (right) i have just put in flower. This girl went into flower mode while rooting in my clone bucket when my old veg light died. I had to plant her and put her under 24/0 light for a couple weeks until she revegged. She started stretching and popping trichs as soon as she hit the dirt. Excuse the damage on those old leaves, I had a ph imballance when she was switching back to veg. the left is SLH. This picture was right after their first feeding
09-12-11_002.jpg

I moved the wonder woman, because of the growth that happened after the feeding, she was too close to the light so I moved her to the outside for a couple of days so she doesn't get burned. The stalk has really thickened up, and the bud formation on top is starting to take off. The burns on the tips are from GH nutes earlier, so don't be alarmed. I'm just throwing these up for now until the real plants begin to take off.
09-14-11_002.jpg

Anyone know why the SLH in the background is clawing? I've had this happen every run when she starts blooming, it will normally correct itself, but sometimes it doesnt. It never seems to affect the quality or yield though, so I'm not sure what it could be.

excuse the buds in the background, they were an experiment gone bad, hence the horrible yield. They're ready to come down too, I'm just not motivated to trim them yet lol.

Getting back in the swing of using this camera too.. The real effort will be put in when the buds are forming.. I really gotta clean up in there too haha

I'll have to snap some more pics tomorrow because the growth is insane! I gave the SLH a heavier feeding, and it's starting to snap out of the clawing, so it might have been lacking something. I'm watering tonight with plain water and then tomorrow they will get a nice feeding, I'm upping the strength. I would say they're pretty much done stretching, at least the wonder woman is. I might give them all one more transitional feed at normal strength:
10ml G / 15ml B / 5ml M
2ml k-bud / 4ml bio juice / 4ml dark matter

the vegging plants will also get feed, same strength as before because some are still a bit young. The widows are doing great so they can take a little less food this time around and I'll up the strength next feeding
5ml G/B, 3ml M
1ml k-bud / 2ml bio-juice / 2ml dark matter

I'm loving this stuff. Can't wait to see what kind of flowers it produces.

As promised, the flowering ladies got their last transitional feed. ppm's were around 450 so still fairly low, but the plants are loving it regardless, I'll let the pics do the talking.

Look at the buds forming, this is the wonder woman. SLH in the background (slightly wilted because it was right before the feed)
09-18-11_001.jpg

Better shot, looks yellow, but thats just the HPS
09-18-11_003.jpg

Veg got the feed as stated above, and seem to be liking it. I transplanted the widows right before into 1 gal pots, the yellowing was showing me they were root bound.
09-18-11_007.jpg

Other widow, check the new growth from where i topped it, turned out to be a FIM i guess lol
09-18-11_006.jpg

Here are the seedlings
(top to bottom, left to right: MK, AK, OG#18, RR, AI, CH. Not sure about the OG, it stays slightly yellow and doesn't seem to green up. It's been this way since it was a seedling. Maybe got a bad pheno. I hope not cause it's my only seed of the strain. It's growing fine though, so I'm hoping it snaps out)
09-18-11_004.jpg

And a shot of them all, SLH clones in the round pots are really taking off.
09-18-11_005.jpg

And to top it off, my last SLH plant that is too heavy to hold itself up that it's laying on the PVC brace for the box ha, about to spark a blunt of this and cruise the forums a bit. Enjoy
09-18-11_002.jpg

thanks bro, I'm loving these nutes, I can't wait to see them bud. those pics are 19 days in bloom. The AK is going nicely, growing very well, I can't wait until they're old enough to clone. Once I get 2 clones off each plant they're going into bloom so I can taste the bud and see which strains I should keep around from the group. The Road Runner though is going to stay under the MH it's whole life cause its an auto. I'll give it HPS when it starts budding, but then it will go back under the MH for night time. I'm growing it on 18/6 its whole life.

Back
Top Bottom