Organic New York City Diesel

RooRman

100% Organic Home-grown New York City Diesel, Day 28

NYCD_Day_28C.JPG

NYCD_Day_28A.JPG

NYCD_Day_28B.JPG

This is a female NYCD plant grown from seed in day 28 of flowering (4 weeks).

4 plants were vegged using floro tubes and a 150w Agrosun full spectrum light, during this stage they were fed Superthrive, Neptunes Harvest Fish and Kelp Emulsion, and Sunleaves Mexican High-Nitrogen Bat Guano prepared in tea form. At 5 weeks the light cycle was switched from 18/6 to 12/12 and the lights were changed to a 250w HPS and the 150 Agrosun full spectrum was kept. All plants showed sex within 1 week with a male/female ratio of 3/1. These plants were also gradually transplanted a total of 3 times, each time increasing the pot size and most importantly to a 5 gal. pot just before flowering once sex was determined.

The one female (pictured) is now the sole survivor. It is currently being fed a mix of Sunleaves Jamaican High-Phosphorus Bat Guano (tea), Neptunes Harvest Fish and Kelp Emulsion, and Fox Farms Tiger Bloom.

Beautiful plant RooRman...wow

Very nice. Good luck with her.

100% Organic New York City Diesel, Day 31

NYCD_Day_31D.JPG

NYCD_Day_31C.JPG

NYCD_Day_31B.JPG

NYCD_Day_31A.jpg

I am feeding the maximum amount of guano to this plant with not even a hint of burning it. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but in 4 days of light (day 27-day31) and with one feeding in that time the top has gotten significantly fatter around as well as taller, other buds bulking up as well and overtaking the main stem. Also, the trichome count is climbing exponentially.

Eyeless said:
how does she smell man? can u taste the grapefruits yet???

It actually smells like any other bud I have grown. I am begining to think more and more that the smell of diesel and certainly the taste of grapefruits will come out once it is harvested.

Eyeless said:
yea i'm sure this is the case... a good cure and she'll prob be one of the tastiest budz to smoke!!!

:bong: (Hits the RooR)

I'm sure hoping so! :peace:

I wish I could try some NYCD someday. That plant is absolutly beautiful my friend. Good luck with her. Mighty tasty i'm sure! haha.

MBH

So this plant is a beast. At day 38 this plants buds are huge, as well as finally, some SMELL. I trimmed 2 small leaves with some trichomes on them (to let other buds they were blocking receive direct light) and the result was a somewhat sugary hashy smell that was defiantly leaning towards grapefruit. Like nothing in cannabis I have ever personally smelt, and it stayed on my hands for quite a long time afterward.

Furthermore, additional research has yielded more information on this strain. A copy of Heads magazine I had with Soma in it had some relevant information. It says to flower until 10 weeks, and that NYCD is not a particularly high yielder, but produces very flavorful smoke. The pictures also show much smaller plants than mine. I'm not sure what they mean precisely by "not a high yielder" because my plant looks like it will produce a substantial amount.

100% Organic New York City Diesel, Day 39

NYCD_Day_39A.JPG

NYCD_Day_39B.JPG

NYCD_Day_39C.JPG

NYCD_Day_39E.JPG

NYCD_Day_39F.JPG

100% Organic New York City Diesel, Day 46​

NYCD_Day_46A.jpg

NYCD_Day_46B.JPG

NYCD_Day_46C.JPG

This plant got it's last dose of Jamaican Bat Guano 2 days ago and today I started feeding it high-phosphorus Indonesian Bat Guano and I am sticking with the Tiger Bloom as well (1/2 strength). I have read it is best to let NYCD mature to a full 10 weeks for maximum taste and potency, so that is what will be done. Feeding will end on the middle of week 9 and then nothing but plain water will be fed to flush the plant. Achieving the classic NYCD taste will be the true test here, and the art of doing this will be a delicate one. Also, we can now see brown hairs beginning to form more abundantly over the plants buds.

100% Organic New York City Diesel, Day 49

NYCD_Day_49A.JPG

Top bud, beginning to form brown hairs.

NYCD_Day_49B.JPG

Side buds bulking up. Trichome count climbing steadily.

NYCD_Day_49C.jpg

Smaller side branches, still covered in crystals.

NYCD_Day_49D.JPG

Taste the goodness.

Today is day 50. I did some more trimming today, looks like 20 more days until harvest time. Happy New Year! :peace:

A special thanks to *********** for approving my pictures so quickly.

:allgood: Rep. points always welcome :allgood:

100% Organic New York City Diesel, Day 60

This is my New York City Diesel on day 60 of flowering. The plant looks ripe due to it's Indica-dom traits but I am told it is best to let NYCD mature for 10 to 12 weeks before harvesting. I plant to harvest on day 70, or slightly before depending on how ripe the plant looks over the next week or so.

NYCD_Day_60A.JPG

Close up of top bud.

NYCD_Day_60B.JPG

Huge budsites covered in crystals.

NYCD_Day_60C.JPG

"Smaller" lower branches.

NYCD_Day_60D.JPG

Some foxtailing.

NYCD_Day_60E.JPG

Most of the plant.

Rep. points always welcome​

Back