Organic New York City Diesel

Urdedpal I was hoping you'd have something to say.

So I should trim the rest of those huge stems off you say? Would you say that using the computer paper is like using a paper bag? I have been turning the buds from time to time to avoid an uneven dry as I realize that the side closest to the paper will dry first. When I checked them yesterday night the the outer skin of the stem was beginning to break with minimal twisting. My buds still do feel "springy" at this point and the great smell is slowly returning.

From what you guys are telling me, I should trim them up and put them in a large glass jar with the top off tonight after I get home from work.

Wow nice Roorman! Those look tasty. Those pictures inspire me lol.

I think a paper bag would soak the moister up better than computer paper, unless its like that oldschool computer paper with holes on the side.

RooRman said:
Urdedpal I was hoping you'd have something to say.

So I should trim the rest of those huge stems off you say? Would you say that using the computer paper is like using a paper bag? I have been turning the buds from time to time to avoid an uneven dry as I realize that the side closest to the paper will dry first. When I checked them yesterday night the the outer skin of the stem was beginning to break with minimal twisting. My buds still do feel "springy" at this point and the great smell is slowly returning.

From what you guys are telling me, I should trim them up and put them in a large glass jar with the top off tonight after I get home from work.

yep trim away the large stems and place into jars asap if the stems are breaking/crunching/snapping...u might not need to leave the cover of the jar off if this is the 12-13th day of drying...the slower the cure the better so i would cover the jars but open them atleast once a day for a few minutes to prevent mold

Brown paper bags breathe and transfer moisture better plus they are semi light proof. Any paper bag with a film is non breathable and will promote mold.
Ranger said the best place to store the bag is in a gas stove because the pilot light is always on and your stove has super low humidity. I use a closet cabinet and my HID ballasts sits on top. They warm the cabinet and works like a super large oven. Because of this my buds dry pretty fast and I have to rehydrate them for canning/curing process. I just use a fanleaf or two from a vegging plant cause my herb needs to smell like herb LOL.

The top bud is definitely still moist at this point. The smaller stems are now snapping. I cut all the stems off the smaller buds, and the fruity ganja smell is also coming back very strong. My large glass jar barely fits all the other buds besides the top so I am thinking I will let them dry until tommorow and then jar all but the top of bud for curing. Then I plan to open the jar and periodically fluff them around, to release the gasses and prevent mold.

My closet is dark all the time, and it has no light in it. So light is not an issue. Also, I have an electric stove, so no pilot light. Good thoughts though. :Rasta:

Urdedpal said:
Thought I should let you know that I ordered a Roor crown.

Do you mean a crown bowl? Because I hope you mean a german RooR custom with crown mouthpiece and bowl. Sweeeet~ :allgood:

This NYCD plant was great from start to finish. All four plants were fast growers in veg even using basically only old floro. grow bulbs and the one female I got did better than I imagined using only a 250w HPS.

This plant yielded 24.8 grams dried and before final curing. I am now curing it.

A small pinch of a lower bud, mostly leaf was consumed by yours truly via a Vapor Bros. vaporizer. This method yielded more than 10 hits. This bud is not very dense, so by using a vaporizer I feel I get alot more use out of smaller amounts. Also, at this point I feel it is not ready to be judged for smoking quality.

The Buds- Smell very strong of fruit and hash. Most easily described as DANK! The buds are fluffy and covered with large trichomes that are very easy to see with the naked eye. These trichomes are huge! The initial vaporizer hit was nothing but pure oil and it was a bomb.

Taste- Fruity and very strong. Overwhelms the taste buds. The taste has alot of influence on the high and it is still in my mouth! Makes you need something to drink, not want.

High- All I will say is ENERGY! This stuff is all in your head. VERY visual. Lights and colors are clearly more vivid, almost psychedelic at times.

Eyeless said:
grapefruits???? or not really?

It certainly has an aroma of "fruity hash". Not quite sure if it is grapefruits, but it is something sweet smelling.

The high is all in the head, very cerebral and uplifting.

I have a question...

You say the diesel smells like grapefruit. I bet it smells great.

But I have smoked bud I thought smelled like diesel fuel. This was before I was coming to this sight. My crusher was so strong with the smell, and it really kicked my butt.

I have never smoked anything with the name Diesel in it. So why does it smell like diesel fuel?

Many people argue that New York City Diesel should not have the word "diesel" in it's title at all, because it is very misleading.

There are so many types of diesel due to very different phenotypes and crossbreeding that it is hard to cover them all with just one word. The genetics for most of diesel strains comes from a strain called Chemdawg. NYC Diesel has no Chemdawg genetics in it. NYC Diesel is a cross between Mexican Sativa x Afganhi. The smell is more like fruit and hash, rather than strong oil or gas.

HappyKitty did you say something about a Crusher? Do you mean you have a waterpipe called the Crusher? Is it a Happy Pipes? :hmmmm:

:laughtwo: my crusher is not nearly as exciting. it just makes my smoke perfect for rolling:cheesygrinsmiley:

But if you find one of those HappyPipes, take me a pic. I'm getting me one!:bong:

Now where is my inhaler?:hmmmm:

Peace and happiness

Oh, by crusher you meant a grinder, I see.

Happy Pipes was the name of a pipe company that made some very nice STRONG glass. They are out of business now, but the Crusher was the name of one of the waterpipes they made and I thought you might be fortunate enough to own one like me. My purple haze "sphoon" in the "RooRman's Pictures" thread is also a Happy Pipes piece and it is the last one in existence.

EDIT: Also, as of 10:21 EST on 2/1/07 I cannot upload pictures to the gallery. Please someone fix this.

This is still a picture from my old camera. I figured out I need to resize the photos from the new camera I am using before uploading, so mystery solved. :allgood:

Macro1.jpg

Roorman, I wish I had one of those, they sound great!! I break every pipe I own. But I love glass. I'm looking for a new one now. I'm going on the way back from the club tomorrow.

hmm...maybe I should get the pipe first. I'll smoke some of the buds, and who knows what I will buy. It's like grocery shopping when you are hungry, you just want it all!!!!!!!!

Great shots of the bud, Roor. What kind of camera?

The previous picture was shot using a Sony Digital Mavica 3.5 mega-pixel camera. THIS picture was taken using a new Sony Digital Cybershot 7.0 mega-pixel camera in macro. :peace:

NYCD_2-1-07CC.JPG

Pretty! Those nugs look way nice. I've never had NYCD so maybe I should order some.

I'm using a Sony Cybershot DSC-F717 5.0 Megapixel camera. It's my spare..lol. I was using a Samsung 7.0 megapixel but...but...I freaking DROPPED IT! UGHHHHH! Imagine a gorilla dropping anything..damn fat fingers :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom