Our Ongoing Grows

Looks very tasty man, the snow also looks good. *giggle
Looks a bit like the skunky x AK breeding i had going last year.
Most of the time i think, the skunks hairs turn orange/brown all over
:peace: man

Snowing at Sprout's house ?
What's going on Buddy? I thought that was over. :smokin::smokin:

Looks like your doing your usual...growing great herb.

Hey Miss J !:love:

My Vintage looks like a one foot bush all curled around it's self.

Well well well, just another day in Paradise. Snowed AGAIN last nite. Wow. this is weird weather goings on around here. I want I need to get acouple plants out of my veg tent. Room is at a premium. Just seen the weather, they calling for possible freezing temps tonite also. Damn it.
Well I thought I'd do alittle looking around here in Portland at the dispensaries. Kind of see what they offered. Well this one had 4 growers working for them I guess. 3 of them had like 3-5 products they offered. The 4th had like 12 strains he offered. Man he must be busy or have a big warehouse to grow in.
Now the weed itself, I purchased some Chem Dog. The pot was good weed. But nothing to turn hand springs over. Crystals were 20/80 clear over cloudy. Pot was tastey. And I loved the fact I was able to get a fair price. 10$ per gram. They asked me if I wanted to grow for them? TFF I've been growing for myself forever, why wood I want to grow for them? Seems the middle man wants to make all the monies. I'll stick to producing my own and pass the savings that the middle man wants to make, on down to the consumer.
Well I wanted to sample what they call a Tincture. They were 15$ a bottle. Doses? I asked they and told them I was a heavy weight as far as weeds. They said maybe half the bottle. Tell the truth, when I tried it, I was smoking on the bong and I couldn't tell if I felt it. So I got a bottle one day soon I'm going to drink it with breakfast.
Well on the home front. The Skunk Plant is 75% dry about know. She has some hefty ass buds on her. These are rock solid for sure;
Skunk_Buddage1.JPG

I also got that Smile in. Shes a pretty plant and going to produce real well. Nice fruity smell so far. Crystal production is crazy sick. I mean she's loaded. Not a ton on the sugar leafs, but you tear into a bud and it's frosted over with cloudy tichones. I'll let y'all call it. Here's the plant on the hang;
Smile_Plant.JPG

and;
Smile_plant_2_.JPG

And afew bud shots. She's pretty in my eyes. Ofcourse I am the proud papa so my opinon is tainted. But 'Phdtje' is this enough color for ya? BTW welcome to my grow. Hope ya enjoy it;
S-bud.JPG

and;
Smile_bud.JPG

and;
Smile_bud_2_.JPG

Well I guess it's time to put the second Berkley Blues in the flower room. I veg abit longer than most here. Well here's Miss Berkley Blues#2;
B-Blues1.JPG

Hey Pop's I'm waiting on your next grow. Maybe I can get in before it gets to 100 pages. Thinks here are the same. Miss J keeps me hoping.

Thanks Jon, or is it John? Yes you can get alot of cheap stuff from Hong Cong. But a dollar? You can't pass that bye.

Hey Cheif. I tell ya skunk use to be a staple in my grow room. But it's hard to find a 'good' skunk plant. Every breeder has skunk. If this is a potient plant she will become a staple along side the Vantage.

Well that's it from the Doghouse for now. Everyone Keepem Green

On the tinctures, there is not much of a "High" effect, but I can tell you from personal experience, that as far as pain management, they are quite effective. The downside is that they are as expensive, or more, than the pharmaceutical alternatives, so bud or other edibles are probably a better way to go. I will say, however, that there is something to be said about a big glass of OJ with MJtinc in th' mo'nin'.

When you have to go to work, think, or react with expedience, it will leave you fairly clear-headed and without pain, making for a very good day. I have noticed that in my many bouts with depression and migraines, the OJtinc is exceptional as a mood elevator and pain reliever, if I keep in mind that I will be clear-headed, and not to expect a heavy feeling. In my opinion, though, there is a very narrow target of people that look for MMJ with little to no "High" effect.

The effects last from anywhere between 3 to 8 hours, depending on the dose. 15ml of my favorite tincture usually lasts me from 7am to about 10am, when I slip another 15ml into my coffee, or sports drink at break. The biggest advantage to all this is the absence of the pot hangover, leaving me alert in the last part of the day as I look around at co-workers starting to nod off in their cubicles. No need for a *ahem* 300 Minute Energy Shot here (yes, I changed the name)... I have a sativa tincture, thank you!

Just a fast pic of that bottle I bought. I'll update afew pic's this evening;
Tincture_2_.JPG

till then Keepem Green

Opps I just seen that the guys that printed the labels was either on to much product, of the spell check on his PC was broken. Keepem Green

Looking good Wood...i shut down my grow rm last week...only got flowering rm going...the plants love the sun...so what if daylight is only 12.5 hrs...plenty of time to reveg...i'm not going in the ground this year...going to do a container-outside grow this year...might put some bagseed in the ground...later..:goodjob:

Love the colors in that Smile, and I can see they're loaded with trichomes when you look close. Man, I really want to try one of those tinctures sometime!

Thanks Y'all. Well news from here is nothing new. I got the Skunk dried. 5 Oz's not to shabby for that plant. She has a strong skunk smell for sure. Reminds me of 'Old School' Skunk. You get a whiff off your fingers every once in awhile and you swear you ran over a skunk somewhere.
Well I did get a pic of her after she dried. Looks and smell just like the old red haired skunk of days of old. Y'all can make the call. Just trust me, she smells;
Skunk_2_3.JPG

and ;
Skunk53.JPG

The Smile is about dry. I'll update a weight soon. I did throw 3 P-91 seeds in. One had it's 'tail' out within 20 hours. The other two took 36 hours. None are above dirt yet. But will be in the next couple days. P-91. It's suppose to be 100% Indica with 'extra strong' pain relief. I hope so. The lady who got ahold of this strains says it's suppose to be the 'new' G-13. It was smuggled out of some University somewheres in Cali. Berkley I think.
Well anyways she claims it helped get her off alot of her pain meds. Which I'd love to be able to remove this stupid ass morphine pump when the batteries run out this time. Which isn't far away, maybe 6 months max.
Yea Miwa, I think I'm going to keep my veg room going for afew more weeks. I kind of want to wait till I get 13 hours anyways. True, they will have plenty of time to re veg if they kick into flower mode. I'm just atad wary about 12 hours and some what 10 min's of daylite. But I really want to take the girls out for a walk in the real sun soon.
Got it Pop's, and your off and running. 6 pages already. But I'm in for sure.
Thanks Xlr. Kind of strange. Bud generally look the same, well close, but I never tire at looking at them.
Jon thank for driving thru. I wanna call ya John always. But always nice to see afew peoples drive thru and comment. I'm a bad one for never saying anything when I go out for a cruise thru 420.
jandre2k3. Hey mind if I ask a ? whats your id stand for? I'm really not sure if that tincture does anything for me. I mean great it works for ya, and I know they put alot of time and herbs in making these, but I can't really feel it. Maybe I should just get a bottle and drink it and refrain from smoking some herbs for afew hours. The refrain part's the hard one.
And hey phdtje hows that skunk look to ya? Man she got a great smell. Well till laters Keep em Green

Thanks Jon. I still got one more Vantage coming out this week. That makes 3 Vantages this week. V#1 she was the Vantage-i pheno. She gave me about 4 Oz's.
Vantage-s #1, now she looks like a solid 5 Oz's and Vantage-s#2 is another 5 Oz's
Hey Xlr hope things are rolling your ways over there.
Well here's another little present I bought. For 26$ off ebay I got this little Microscope for pic's but it says this site don't support it's pic format. Well she takes great pic's and after I figure out how to reformat it, I will get some shots up;
Box68.JPG

And of course the S&H was free;
Scope1.JPG

Starting to feel like spring. I guess I'm going to throw acouple outside. I plan on 1 Berkley Blues out there. I got a feeling shes going to make a monster for sure;
B-Blues2.JPG

OK I also have a Cripit-s clone I'm going to grow outside. Well here's what she looks like;
Cripit3.JPG

I guess the Green House aka 'Dog House' is fixing to open. I'll update more in a few. Till then Keep em Green

Hello Norcaliwood. I'm following your journal. Been reading up on whats going for a while now. This 420 site is amazing because growers such as yourself share the experiences with the community at large. It just makes me happy to follow along and catch up on what the deal is after a many year hiatus from the art of mj horticulture. Thanks for sharing.

OGthc, you got that right. These grow site are a wealth of information. I'll say again it's really nice to be able to get these genetics nowadays. I can't even count how many times I've had to cull thru a sack of seeds looking for some tiger stripes. Now I can get anything I what with alittle research. Well thanks for saying 'high'.
Well IGG, I see you going to be busy in awhile, cutting up plants. I hope you like the Vantage. I just harvested 3 of them. They are looking good. That figure Sing helps alot with control. And it helps straightens the stem. So far two cut down and I'd guess it's 90% dry and I got 10 1/2 Oz's. And the biggest is about done. Maybe 2 day max till it's done. Well this is what that figure S looks like;
Sing.JPG

You got alot of good stuff going on over there. I really want to try your staple
plant Bubblious. Don't mind the space cadet spelling. Me and mine been smoking finger hash. 'peace'
Well I am a firm believer that it 'works'. I know to each there own, but I swear this stuff cuts the stretch down 50%
Bush_Master.JPG

Good stuff. Especially for people the have to worry about it with height issues. I go with the weaker dose of 2 1/2 mills per gallon once, at the beginning of flowering. It can be used as a foilor feed in hydro's. I think they call 1 mill per gallon. Watching them wheel's grow I can see where it can be real useful.
Well this is my younging tent going. A 2X4 with 400 watts of MH lite 24/7. I've had them on 24/7 for awhile. Been cold here so it's there heat source on the snowing nites. There are 5 Vantages in there, and afew new ones. Like Blueberry gum, Tangerine Dream, 'Yes I'm still trying it', I think there are 3 Yumbolt-47's, one of Eva Seed's Venom,
and 3 P-91 seedlings. Here we go;
Kids8.JPG

Hey what happened to GT? you alive? Guess I need to look him up.
Well I did throw acouple out there. Hopefully Miwa, they will continue in the veg stage. But like you said, they will re veg with the amount of time I'm working with. But anyhow;
kids8.JPG

That's a Cripit-s, and a Berkley Blue. Hopefully they don't get snowed on.
Keep em Green

Back
Top Bottom