Our Ongoing Grows

Welcome Sgt... hopefully I can crank out some killer buddage this time? It don't take long Mister BBrown to fill er up... And thanks Mister Dabber... We doing good... Least as good as can be expected,,, seeing we all getting old as fuc*.... But we are hanging in there....

Mine are just now starting to throw out some hairs Miller.. So abit early to tell... You started yours afew days earlier than mine.... Some start with a bang,,, others are slow bloomers

Sunshine here... Suppose to be for the next few days too. We found a spot of bud rott on the Puppy outside.. So I told Miss J to take the heads at least.. And I have to say the Purple Urkle is close to finishing. The Red Desiel,, well she has abit more to go. The Puppy had alot of small buds,,, but they are sticky as all holy hell... The one I'm hoping for to work out is the Blue Berry. She's in the greenhouse. But I can see acouple weeks to finish?

Purp Eurk's look to be huge flowers, glad its running cool at night. That 1500 HPS should be killing it. I've been looking but can't find any master blaster on line. Your plants looking good post bugs.

Cheers

True that Miller, nothing beats more watts... just dial it up to your eyes start bleeding and turn it back a hair! :cool:

I'm upgrading my lighting again. No 1500s in my bin, sadly and I'd need an electrician to run them.. Next home prolly going to happen. Run them on 240 line and I don't think LED can come close to "cost to operate" with that. I could be wrong just my "high and I'm in the sky" look at it. Less amps less cost... isn't that a thing??

True that Miller, nothing beats more watts... just dial it up to your eyes start bleeding and turn it back a hair! :cool:

I'm upgrading my lighting again. No 1500s in my bin, sadly and I'd need an electrician to run them.. Next home prolly going to happen. Run them on 240 line and I don't think LED can come close to "cost to operate" with that. I could be wrong just my "high and I'm in the sky" look at it. Less amps less cost... isn't that a thing??

Actually, it's less watts less cost. But, to get comparable results, you'd need to replace a 1500w HPS with 1500w of actual draw from the wall in LED's (easily over $1,000 even on the lower cost LED's and possibly double, or more for higher end!). The monthly cost per KW/hour would be the same so no change in electric bill.

Although you'd pay a LOT more up-front for the LED's, hopefully you'll save over long run on bulb replacements and, while yield may suffer some do to poorer penetration into the canopy, you should get better quality meds with the mixed spectrum of the LED's. ;)

Good to see ya making the rounds there AB.. Everything is looking great with the girls... Not a bug in sight,, cept a stink bug and one or two fungus gnats.. Not a problem amount,, pretty much he normal.

Naw you can't find these 1500 ballasts anymore. That guy from Shango turned me on to the 1500's 10 years back. He was doing a pretty good sized grow with them . But now even the bulbs are there still but getting harder to find, I think I gave 60 bucks apiece.. I stocked up on afew last time I found them,, in case. But I'm sure you could build one easy enough. I've seen the guts for sale before. And I bet it all wood fit in a magnetic ballast case? A big plus with them is you need fewer units to cover the same area. Fewer ballasts, fewer hoods, and fewer bulbs.

All I know about power is that when you use a 110 power,, if say it draws 10 amps, with 220 it draws 5.. Or is that backward... But a watt is a watt with either 220 or 110. Where 220 comes out ahead is being able to run more things with 220 than 110.

I haven't given up on LEDs. I just up-potted the 2 Sage n Sours to their finishing pots. I've heard some really good things about that one.. But that one LED I got in there,,, I just don't see it doing a big enough footprint. But it's going to work out perfect once I finish adding 3 more. I also have an Easy Kush about ready to transplant in about a week. That should round out the grow. But I'm going to put 4 of the smallest ones under the LED.

True that watts is watts and we pay for watts.

On 240v line we can double the power so more lights on same circuit.

I knew that

I just upgraded and added another 600 watts of Timber cob Redwood VS, so I'll be at 1500w total in my flower room.

Gonna add another timer to delay start up.

Hopefully the heat wont be too bad.

I use a Magnum XXL 40 plus pound hood. About the same as the Raptor... Well close I think? Standing still,, I do have it on a light rail,, but with just the hood and the 1500 watter,, she does a 6X6 footprint easily. With a 4 foot rail,, she'll reach out and do a 6X12.
Magnum XXXL® 6 in & 8 in Air-Cooled Reflectors - Generation 3 | Sun Systems

GL there Mister BBrown. That's alot of watts....... But you can never have enough light,, least in my eyes......

Thanks, @Far East Buds ,,, been awhile,, hope alls well in your neck of the woods..............
I've only found pests on some of the autos I grew when I had problems on other plants.. But I haven't noticed them more susceptible to pests or molds..
But alot of strains definitely get bugs easier than others. Same with mold and fungus.

I'll get a pic or two tomorrow... I have to get off my lazy ass.

My belief on that though is isn't it just that certain strains the bugs like more? Like an attractant? I run perpetual many many strains.. I have had gnats and s mites on and off for a few years (very mild) and I always seem to find certain plants get all the attention. Not sure if there is anything to that but seems that way.

Bugs come from the outside for me. So that is my fault. Where they attack is what i seem to notice.

Peace

FE

Yeah... I've even heard of people malnourising 1 plant to get the hoard all on it and then light it on fire in front of the others.... ok the last part may be a slight exaggeration, but still. Plant release defense smells when bugs are present. I assume some are have better natural defense systems. But I do know bugs suck. Literally suck the life outta leaves. Or in my case just feed on my root system. :rolleyes:. need to h202.

Hope all is good for you and miss j woody!

Well the terpenes and the trichomes are the plants natural defense mechanisms. Maybe bugs like have favorite flavors? Terpenes might be the next bug repellant?

But I like Mad's thing... Burn aby burn;

Couple fast pics... Aren't don't proper but is what it is....

Keepem Green All
very pretty woody!

Thanks peoples.. I do have a bad thing to report.............. The Grape Romulainx Huckberry looks to be a male? Oh well... In the next couple days,,, just to be sure,,, I'll cut his nuts off and throw him on the
trash pile.

Woody...

BlueBerry ain't blue
Red diesel aint red
Purple Urkle aint purple...

WTF??? You are slipping my friend! hahahah JK

I know you got something special coming, its early!

All good ladies are looking mighty fine.

How's everyone hanging at the Wood shed? Say high to Miss J for us.

Looking awesome my brother.

Cheers

I hear ya Mister BBrown. Shit has been lax. But just for you,,,, I put a 12" Puppy into flower............ I got acouple cuts off her,,, mite free I'm hoping........ But just for that rude, lewd, crude, remark, about colors,,, or lack of there ,, I'm going to flower it right next to my winter air intake and name it BBrown.

But really the pic of that Blue Berry was in the dark ass greenhouse and didn't do her right.. I mean she gets better light in the greenhouse now that I cut back the evergreens,,, but the walls yellowed ALOT over the last 7-8 years.... I only have her in a 20-gallon pot,,, my bad,, but she has some cool purple hue to her... Besides them black ass stems... But she seemed to start flowering later than all my others. A slow child for sure,,, due to the abuse I put them thru in their growing days, but she's starting to pack it on now,,,

and check this shit out,,,,,,, we might have another week of SUN... Damn Oct 14th,,, the second week into OCT???????????? Of the last 5 years of weather,,, this could've been the one........

Damn hemp mites,,,,, but I'm lucky I got shit at all... BTW,, smoking early buds off the Jack-47,,, I got a pretty good damn buzz off it....... 75% of all I've harvested so far,, is budder bound,, cept afew choice buds. But the main tops off the purple urkle we took today look top shelf. Still got alot of thumb-sized chunkers still going. Hense that pic. I found 1 spot of PM on the Red Desiel the other day,,, so be doing alot of peeping/no touching on her and the rest Miss J does that tending,,, I'm indoors. but I'm shocked I ain't got,,,, got yet out there?

Back
Top Bottom