Our Ongoing Grows

You damn near need to make your own flood tables outta some 3/8" shit and oil-based chalking??? Pint the whole thing white????????????

10ftx20ft flood trays.
Shit.
I can see using plastic decking for sides. I guess thick white plastic sheeting is the only option for flooring and I'd have to find a way to seal the sheets... maybe caulk.
Idunno.... seems kinda problematic at best.

I used to use shower panels for a DIY flood table. It's about $20 for a 4x8 sheet in Home Depot. The panels are the type of platic like old roll up toboggans for sleigh riding, but I presume you've only ever saw snow on TV, lol. It's about 1-2mm thick and has a textured surface and is white. I stopped using it due to space restrictions and I got tired of the table taking up the whole foot print of my little veg, but in your space, you can definitely line a large table with it, or maybe even use it on the walls if you want to play some water sports in your grow.

For flooring, I use linoleum. It holds water well and I've had major spills and no leaks.

I'm very familiar with the shower lining you speak of. Never use it a house... it's a pita. I can certainly see it's application in a flood tray tho... and you can seal it easily either with a trim piece or overlap. Great idea. Plus, I never thought of employing a linoleum... hmmm. I think the shower liner would be easier to seal. Thanks for the ideas!

It's about 1-2mm thick and has a textured surface and is white.

I'm not sure this is totally accurate... I've seen snow on TV much thicker.
Teehee... couldn't resist. Grew up 'round the corner from Woody. Seen it a time or two. I love the look of frozen rain on trees. Horribly damaging, but oh so beautiful!

I'm very familiar with the shower lining you speak of. Never use it a house... it's a pita. I can certainly see it's application in a flood tray tho... and you can seal it easily either with a trim piece or overlap. Great idea. Plus, I never thought of employing a linoleum... hmmm. I think the shower liner would be easier to seal. Thanks for the ideas!

I'm not sure this is totally accurate... I've seen snow on TV much thicker.
Teehee... couldn't resist. Grew up 'round the corner from Woody. Seen it a time or two. I love the look of frozen rain on trees. Horribly damaging, but oh so beautiful!

Snowfall and ice have a way of revisioning a landscape. You can take the dirtiest grimiest ghetto and blanket it with snow and boom, instant winter wonderland. Same with the ice storms, every tree on the landscape looks like a vast sea of super frosty buds. I love the views of the north! The coldness sucks ass, but the views are priceless!

@Morglie as said,,, takes a grow our two to know the host plant???? My bad,,, but this is the first I've tried...... And id did produce a problematic plant...... Least this grow... I Do have to say,,, I shall overcome................ She's going to have some pretty ass flowers on her........... But then,,,, after her,,,,,,,,,, I'm at a dead end........ If only for acouple weeks.................

BTW we got pessed on as far as weather................... Wasn''t yellow snow tho.......... I'm happy pet owners kept animals home................. Least during high supposed days.............

Man I'm looking for pet owners to ill............... Man was I ever lieing.........

Tead,,, I've tried alot of different ways to grow in the past...... Flood to recycurlayted systems....... I Don't have a clue Mister Tead........... Man I been 'trying' to grow UNDER the floodlamps since the early 90's?????????? I'm putting 1,000 watts per 4X4' square.... Plus sone,,, really 750 watts per 4X4-5' square????????????

I do love the HID lights I use. 1500 is major lightings............. And I do run mine on 4' light rails... If not??? well don't run them....................

Is I WRONG??????????????

Nope,,,, besides locals preaching local's networks???

I'm putting 1,000 watts per 4X4' square

So... yea... I'm bothered too.
Let's do some math....

1000w at 4x4 comes out to 62.5w/sqft. How are your heights btw? I'm within 1ft of plant tops all around... usually less.
I'm gonna revise my space numbers to reflect actual usage. Call it 10x18. That puts me right at 20w/sqft.
Yup worried.
So... I'd guess I'm closer to plant tops than you. That would help some.
If I were to suck down the propaganda distributed by the various light vendors, then I would be lead to believe that the QBs save you 40% vs HPS.
Even using those propaganda based numbers, I'm only bumping near 30w/sqft of HPS equivalent numbers... but I am right down on the plants.

Then again... buds are pretty and thick... so... hmmmm.

Another thing to note here.... I couldn't do 8 or 10 HPS units. The heat would just be too much for me to handle for 3/4 of the year.

The heat would just be too much for me to handle for 3/4 of the year.

That's why I converted. Summer growing under HPS was a nightmare. I had to waste extra power to keep them cool. After you switch to LED, that's when you realize that almst half of your HPS power draw was to produce heat. Like who TF wants spend money to create liability? It's nuts how much less heat LEDs let off compared to HID.

...Nah...I quit acid in the early 70's!...:eek::rofl:...been on vaycay bout' 6 weeks now...next trip, will be home to wintero_O...but not for a bit tho'...will be nice to get some seeds soaking and soil cookin' when I do make it back...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:
One bad trip is all it takes, also I don't want to feel like a cup of orange juice lol 100% cannabis is the only way to go.. hallucinogens are spooky, I like my grounded reality

That's why I converted. Summer growing under HPS was a nightmare. I had to waste extra power to keep them cool. After you switch to LED, that's when you realize that almst half of your HPS power draw was to produce heat. Like who TF wants spend money to create liability? It's nuts how much less heat LEDs let off compared to HID.

I run 47w/sf of COB led. I still have to run AC starting in March on into October here in Philly.

The LEDs I run are about 60% efficient which means that 40% is heat. So a little bit better than HID but Woods setup with intake from under the house (cool air) and exhaust out of the room takes care of the heat issue. LED isn't as efficient as all the light vendors wanna make you believe.

1000w or 1500w Gavitita double ended gonna get more light to the plants, the price is higher electric bill and a little more heat. Depending on your setup the heat can be managed like Wood does. So it gets down to is the added electric for HID off set buy the MUCH higher price tag on the LED lamps? I'm talking best pro quality LED not the overseas stuff.

If it aint broke is a good way to look at it.

It's costy to get into the LED game for best quality.

It took me years to go thru a bunch of different LED lights and wasted a lot of money experimenting. Well not wasted but still got a pile of lamps stacked up in the corner somewhere. Gave a bunch of em away too.

That said I just bought another Quantum Board. lol They do really good in my VEG room. Amazing actually.

I'm running a bunch of 1750K lamps mixed with 3K = Quality produce. I had to pay to play. It's not in everyone's budget sadly.

One bad trip is all it takes, also I don't want to feel like a cup of orange juice lol 100% cannabis is the only way to go.. hallucinogens are spooky, I like my grounded reality

Shrooms are a lot less crazy and can you be in control for the most part and wake up the next day feeling great instead of waking up 2 daze later and all your joints and your brain hurt. Thats not a good sign.

I run 47w/sf of COB led. I still have to run AC starting in March on into October here in Philly.

The LEDs I run are about 60% efficient which means that 40% is heat. So a little bit better than HID but Woods setup with intake from under the house (cool air) and exhaust out of the room takes care of the heat issue. LED isn't as efficient as all the light vendors wanna make you believe.

1000w or 1500w Gavitita double ended gonna get more light to the plants, the price is higher electric bill and a little more heat. Depending on your setup the heat can be managed like Wood does. So it gets down to is the added electric for HID off set buy the MUCH higher price tag on the LED lamps? I'm talking best pro quality LED not the overseas stuff.

It took me years to go thru a bunch of different LED lights and wasted a lot of money experimenting. Well not wasted but still got a pile of lamps stacked up in the corner somewhere. Gave a bunch of em away too.

That said I just bought another Quantum Board. lol They do really good in my VEG room. Amazing actually.

I'm running a bunch of 1750K lamps mixed with 3K = Quality produce. I had to pay to play. It's not in everyone's budget sadly.

Shrooms are a lot less crazy and can you be in control for the most part and wake up the next day feeling great instead of waking up 2 daze later and all your joints and your brain hurt. Thats not a good sign.

I've got a nice collection of old LED's, too! :high-five:

The issue is that just a short time ago (for us long-timers! :laugh: ) LED's were new technology and only available with 1w chips. It was a pretty big deal when the 2w chips came out. Then it was the 5w chips, and then 10w's, COB's and now the QB's seem to be the latest. In the mean time, HID/HPS/CMH technology hasn't really changed.

So, just trying to stay on top of the changing technology creates a nice "waste pile" of the older technology! :rofl:

The good news is, LED costs have come WAY down over that period of time and you can now get some fairly decent LED's for a pretty low price.

QBs are putting out decent buddage from what I'm seeing lately.

Very difficult to get these days due to popularity. Still spend A/F too. Prices actually went up since I bought my first 1 a year ago. Supply and demand - gotta love the free market.

Not sure how they are long term since they've only been available for a short time. I bought the first version from another company 3 years ago and that lamp took a dump on me after 4 months. Left a bad taste no customer service either. Got a nice hood from the deal tho. :lot-o-toke:

So I went down the COB trail.

I have a friend that works in the LED lighting industry. All industrial and corporate lights are boards like the QB.

I like the COBs cause they are made for different types of applications not for office space etc. Like the 1750K - its made for horticulture and other applications different than for human consumption. Better for plants. The HID already has that deep red spectrum built into them. Ever see a street light that looks orange-ish - thats the deep red spectrum and what those 1750K lamps put out. The street lights are HID (the older ones).

My take on this lighting thing with horticulture is we are just getting started. There are only a few real scientific studies around plants and lighting. Specifically how the deep red spectrum interacts with plants and how it affects yield and quality. Up till recently all we could try and do was mimic sunlight. HID does a very good job with that. Run them on 220V and they are fairly efficient.

I'm thinking its all about efficiency at harvest time. More light better fruit given everything else dialed in.

Hard to beat a double ended 1500w Gavita. I'm thinking not for a few more years anyways. We could prolly grow a sequoia tree under them lol.

Here's some Wood for ya.

It's a big one!

QBs are putting out decent buddage from what I'm seeing lately.

Very difficult to get these days due to popularity. Still spend A/F too. Prices actually went up since I bought my first 1 a year ago. Supply and demand - gotta love the free market.

Not sure how they are long term since they've only been available for a short time. I bought the first version from another company 3 years ago and that lamp took a dump on me after 4 months. Left a bad taste no customer service either. Got a nice hood from the deal tho. :lot-o-toke:

So I went down the COB trail.

I have a friend that works in the LED lighting industry. All industrial and corporate lights are boards like the QB.

I like the COBs cause they are made for different types of applications not for office space etc. Like the 1750K - its made for horticulture and other applications different than for human consumption. Better for plants. The HID already has that deep red spectrum built into them. Ever see a street light that looks orange-ish - thats the deep red spectrum and what those 1750K lamps put out. The street lights are HID (the older ones).

My take on this lighting thing with horticulture is we are just getting started. There are only a few real scientific studies around plants and lighting. Specifically how the deep red spectrum interacts with plants and how it affects yield and quality. Up till recently all we could try and do was mimic sunlight. HID does a very good job with that. Run them on 220V and they are fairly efficient.

I'm thinking its all about efficiency at harvest time. More light better fruit given everything else dialed in.

Hard to beat a double ended 1500w Gavita. I'm thinking not for a few more years anyways. We could prolly grow a sequoia tree under them lol.

Here's some Wood for ya.

It's a big one!

very nice bob!
:passitleft:

We're neighbors, I'm like 200 sum miles north in Scr.

Edit - I know the weather well, and I think your summers are a bit hotter than mine. I'm glad old heads like you paved the way for LED b/c for the longest time, I thought the LED vs HID argument was BS. I just convertted last spring to 6 Vero 29 fixtures with a C480H 2100B driver. I built my own fixtures to save some cost, but sourced everything else from RapidLED. I only have a little 65w 4000k QB in veg, but from looking in other journals, makes me wish I would've went the QB route. Oh well, live and learn. If you got a 3D printer, I designed a bunch of grow things and have most of my designs on thingiverse, but here are my fixtures, I built 3 of'em.

DIY COB LED Fixture Panels by Skybound420

You can grow a kickass plant with fat buds under 50W cob without heat problems these days and it’s a fact. If I think about AC I’d have to put in me tent to offset the heat from HID lamp I’m glad we entered LED era :)

Shrooms are what my buddy had a bad trip on ended up biting his own fingers and breaking his teeth, when I was doing them I saw colors coming from my friends eyes when he spoke about his kids, awesome hallucinations but I will never get near the stuff again.

Back
Top Bottom