Our son who has epilepsy went to the clinic today!

77Camaro

So today after 42 years of trying every medication made we went to Canadian Cannabis Clinic to see what options there might be. Our son who was born with one side of his brain larger than the other and with a developmental disability and severe grand mal seizures is going to try something different! He currently takes over 27 pills a day! To keep a long story short the visit went well and the doctor prescribed cbd oil. The prescription says CBD drops 30ml Type Hybrid THC 1.3 CBD 27.7 Grams per bottle 1. They have recommended using Aurora since they will only charge him about 65(can) a bottle rather than 95 because he is on ODSP. We go back in December for a follow-up visit.

I should mention that he takes over $380 in medication a month that the taxpayers of Ontario(including me) pay! I just found out that even if he goes off of all pharma drugs and only needs this CBD ($95) they will NOT PAY the $95!!!!

We are hoping this helps because we have ran out of medications to try! I should mention that a slight dosage in meds can make him from a nice guy to a violent person!

Fingers crossed and I will keep you posted!

So an update on this...his seizures have seemed to decrease a little. It is still too early to tell since his pattern changes a lot. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow for a checkup. I may ask for an adjustment because he is still not getting good REM sleep because of the activity happening in his brain.

So the problem now is with the supply in Ontario! Not only dd we have to wait for 2 weeks to get his first tincture now he is has been out for 3 days and we are still waiting for the next order. I ordered it for him 10 days ago and he has been out of supply for 3 days.

I am wondering if the stuff I make for myself could be substituted. The only thing I wonder is what the content of CBD is...I wish there was a way(and maybe there is)of testing it. If so I could be saving him a lot of $$ he just does not have.

There is a good calculator HERE if you have an idea of the CBD in the bud you are using (try breeder specs for an estimate). You may have to manipulate it a bit but I think you can get a result close to what you're looking for.

Thank you farside05! I being all new to this did grow some Dinamed CBD 10-14%cbd but my overactive mind started thinking well what % is mine? Did I let it mature enough...did I wait too long.....how much resin is on my ladies.....my way of harvesting all the things that I thought might influence the actual %. When I make my spirits I use a tool to tell me how much actual alcohol is in my brew.

So today after 42 years of trying every medication made we went to Canadian Cannabis Clinic to see what options there might be. Our son who was born with one side of his brain larger than the other and with a developmental disability and severe grand mal seizures is going to try something different! He currently takes over 27 pills a day! To keep a long story short the visit went well and the doctor prescribed cbd oil. The prescription says CBD drops 30ml Type Hybrid THC 1.3 CBD 27.7 Grams per bottle 1. They have recommended using Aurora since they will only charge him about 65(can) a bottle rather than 95 because he is on ODSP. We go back in December for a follow-up visit.

I should mention that he takes over $380 in medication a month that the taxpayers of Ontario(including me) pay! I just found out that even if he goes off of all pharma drugs and only needs this CBD ($95) they will NOT PAY the $95!!!!

We are hoping this helps because we have ran out of medications to try! I should mention that a slight dosage in meds can make him from a nice guy to a violent person!

Fingers crossed and I will keep you posted!
Hi
After years of research on my own and after hours of talks with parents...
:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:for doing this.
It takes courage, since the "pothead child" and "bad parent" are words you will hear for sure.
But as I said to one parent... "When you see your child act like there is no problem, you see him/her respond normally, smile at you. Isn't that the most wonderful feeling of all?" Another parent told me," my child says he feels like a normal child" after cbd.
I admire you :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Way to go! Sounds like a tough situation. I think your dinafem CBD plant could be turned into the right mixture.

I can’t help there but know there are folks in this forum who have threads discussing the recipes and process to make the tinctures or oil. It can be done.

I wish you good luck and positive thoughts for your family.

Thank you farside05! I being all new to this did grow some Dinamed CBD 10-14%cbd but my overactive mind started thinking well what % is mine? Did I let it mature enough...did I wait too long.....how much resin is on my ladies.....my way of harvesting all the things that I thought might influence the actual %. When I make my spirits I use a tool to tell me how much actual alcohol is in my brew.

Knowing that most seed companies quote the highest numbers possible, I'd stay towards the lower end (8-10%) for your calculations. I don't see where it can hurt if you under estimate and there's even more CBD than you thought. We are talking about the non-psychoactive component here anyhow.

PS - I brew and distill my own spirits too.

Hi 77Camaro first let me send best wishes for improving your sons situation.

Im curious what dose(s) - how much and how often daily - he is taking?

One caution: Does he have any medications that say to stay away from grapefruits? CBD can cause the same issue with some meds where it changes how they body absorbs it.

Are you having these delays with Aurora or with OCS?

Forgot to say that Ive done a lot of batches of cannabis infused edible oils. If you would like any help with that I can assist.

What I recommend to people is to make small batches until you find the recipe that works best for your son.

Sample: crumble up 2 grams of flower into 20 ml of EVolive oil, or coconut if thats preferred. Using a 14% cbd,

you get 2000 mg * .14% = 280 mg cbd in 20 ml oil gives you 14 mg cbd per ml of oil.

That should be enough (1 ml) for each day to start with. I would do 1/4 ml 4 times a day.

What many people suggest is to check the trichomes with a jeweler's loupe which are very inexpensive. You want them to be cloudy / milky but with some of them amber. Then its ready.

The only way to get an exact count is through lab testing which isn't cheap. It also isnt necessary. The important thing to track is the person's reaction to the doses. The formula I posted above is all the detail and precision you need for that. And a log book.

Hi
After years of research on my own and after hours of talks with parents...
:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:for doing this.
It takes courage, since the "pothead child" and "bad parent" are words you will hear for sure.
But as I said to one parent... "When you see your child act like there is no problem, you see him/her respond normally, smile at you. Isn't that the most wonderful feeling of all?" Another parent told me," my child says he feels like a normal child" after cbd.
I admire you :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Thank you!!!!!! A very long time ago I cared what people thought about me but as time rolled on (no pun lol)I learned that you can't please everyone so just I just got smarter and started on pleasing my family! That's the only people I really care what they think of me :) If it can come from the earth naturally I will take that over pharma any day!

Way to go! Sounds like a tough situation. I think your dinafem CBD plant could be turned into the right mixture.

I can’t help there but know there are folks in this forum who have threads discussing the recipes and process to make the tinctures or oil. It can be done.

I wish you good luck and positive thoughts for your family.

Thank you, Urban! I have been doing lots of reading and the people here are always trying to help each other here! I am sure only positive things can come from this :)

Knowing that most seed companies quote the highest numbers possible, I'd stay towards the lower end (8-10%) for your calculations. I don't see where it can hurt if you under estimate and there's even more CBD than you thought. We are talking about the non-psychoactive component here anyhow.

PS - I brew and distill my own spirits too.

Thank you for the good info!! I have a turbo500 because I was tired of feeding the tax man! lol

Hi 77Camaro first let me send best wishes for improving your sons situation.

Im curious what dose(s) - how much and how often daily - he is taking?

One caution: Does he have any medications that say to stay away from grapefruits? CBD can cause the same issue with some meds where it changes how they body absorbs it.

Are you having these delays with Aurora or with OCS?

Hi Oldbear,

His prescription is for 3 full droppers a day and another 1/2 dropper after a seizure. No none of the other prescriptions say that. The doctor that prescribed the CBD had a list of all his other meds.

We were but the last two orders have been on time.

Forgot to say that Ive done a lot of batches of cannabis infused edible oils. If you would like any help with that I can assist.

What I recommend to people is to make small batches until you find the recipe that works best for your son.

Sample: crumble up 2 grams of flower into 20 ml of EVolive oil, or coconut if thats preferred. Using a 14% cbd,

you get 2000 mg * .14% = 280 mg cbd in 20 ml oil gives you 14 mg cbd per ml of oil.

That should be enough (1 ml) for each day to start with. I would do 1/4 ml 4 times a day.

Thanks oldbear this helps a lot! For my own cbd mixture I took 2 oz (not carb)of the Dinamed CBD and 1 cup of coconut oil several different ways (slow cooker/alcohol and cold process) I am trying to see if one works better then another. I thought I would use me as the guinea pig first lol

Back
Top Bottom