Outdoor Cannabis Flowering in June

This has me stumped...

I just finished growing two strains... Spicy Bitch from Exotic Seed and Sex Bud from Female Seeds. Switched both on the 7th week from germination (24/0 to 12/12), and harvest about 8 weeks later.

I took clones from Sex bud about the 4th-5th week (before switch), and Spicy Bitch was more difficult, so I grabbed some clones on the 8th day of pre-flower after I switched... they rooted and re-vegged.

After they rooted and started to grow, I put them outdoors the first week of June... I did check to see what the daylight hours are for my area and for June 1st- 15.1hrs.

About the 3rd week of June, I noticed pistels on the Sex bud... fast forward to now and they look like they are a good 3 weeks into flower... and the spicy bitch is starting to get pistels now...

They are not Auto Flowers.... I repeat... not auto flowers

Any thoughts???

PXL_20210717_132010075.jpg

PXL_20210717_193738477.MP.jpg

PXL_20210717_193807265.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210717_193817354.MP.jpg

PXL_20210717_193831440.jpg

Beautiful snaps - even tho they are young clones and were just put outdoors the rule of the clone applies - a clone is the same age as the mother, prolly helps a lot that they were sexually mature at that point in time.

But if they were not in flower they should have just rooted and not revegged - right? If it’s not in flower it’s not reveg, it’s just all veg. Maybe wrong choice of words and that’s perfect also!!

As for the light hours June 20th is the summer solstice when days begin to shorten. Anyways looks most excellent - yep I’d hit that

Thanks, sometimes my photography skills are rushed from the heat.:laugh: My apologies... spicy bitch was in flower and re-vegged, sex bud was never in flower and rooted without any issues ...

As for our growing season here... it's from June until the 1st week of August, then they start pre-flower.... so they have at least 15 hours a day of sunshine right now. Timezone I'm in is Atlantic Canada.

My understanding is photoperiod cannot flower without 12/12 light indoors and 14 hrs and under outdoors. Also, that if there was 'light leak' during 12/12, they have a chance to re-veg (at least 4hrs continuous light)...

I have done this method the previous two summers without anything like this happening... I ask some friends and local growers if they ran across this before... but they are as amazed as I am... they never experienced it before either.

So as it stands... this is throwing all my growing knowledge around in my head. :p

I'm still stumped? :D

doesn't look like a re-veg at all.

depending on the lineage there might be a little ruderalis hanging way in the back while still being technically photo. the fact more than one strain is going for it negates that though.

i'd guess that they are just strains that flower strong after flip. there's a chance that they've been planted someplace that shades them just enough for them to keep going and not reveg.

interested to see if they keep at it.

My apologies once again... spicy bitch did a re-veg... not sex bud... I didn't post any pics of spicy bitch... she just started showing pistels 4 days ago... which is 2-3 weeks early.

Sex Bud was vegging great outdoors from the first week of June until the last week of june... that's when I noticed the pistels.

That's where I'm confused... They are in pots and in the same place as the last two years growing outside, which is on my deck.
Sunrise hits the deck about 5:45-6:00 am and stays until 9:00-9:15 pm

I just don't know why they flipped... they were in 24/0 before I started to harden them off for outdoors... the same I did for previous grows.

I didn't notice anything special when I flipped the 'mothers' in the grow room... It took about 2-3 days after flip before I started to see pistels... nothing special.

I'm interested as well to see what happens... do they finish early? are they stunted now? will they be airy? did the earth move on the axis and now a month early??? So many Questions... :laugh: :bongrip:o_O

I didn't notice anything special when I flipped the 'mothers' in the grow room... It took about 2-3 days after flip before I started to see pistels... nothing special.

that's actually a very strong response. at least if you mean a puff ball and not pre-flower.

genetics accounts for most. light is the rest.

under most indoor lighting the majority of growers don't see the puff ball for about 2 wks after flip. i run big led and usually get the same in a wk. other growers are about the same with similar strains.

i'm guessing good genetics with a good rig. genetics alone could do it too i guess.

still entertained. super curious how it goes. :)

I also have a good size led, and you're right... 8-9 days for the white hats...

That's what's so confusing about all this... just did the grow from seed to harvest, took clones, introduce them to the outdoors, 3 weeks outside and BAM! the start of flower a month early..

Thanks for the responses, and like I said, I'm with ya on the curiosity... a new experience to put in the books! :D

Back
Top Bottom