Outdoor grow... Could use a little advice.. New

420timesABQ

Hello everyone i am 19 yrs old and growing for the first time.. I have about 17plants growing right now they are just getting there first set of leaves.... I have had friend that have grown in the past/still growing...... They have tought me so much!!! And thanks to alot of u i have learned a great deal from the story's i have read... How long do i have before i have to start putting nute's..... And which is the best to use.........:rollit:

High 420timesABQ,

I moved your thread from Intro to Outdoor growing where you'll get a better reply.

One of the grow support gurus should stop by with some advice shortly

Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

I usually like to wait a few weeks before I start giving them nutes, unless they ask for it sooner..

The Fox farm nutes are good, Or if you wanna go organic then Age Old and Neptunes are good and will get you started...

a good time to start feeding is about a month after seed. after their second set of true leaves youll see the upward growth slow a little as they are focusing on growing their root structure. feed them at half strength and then continue feeding every 2 weeks or so. i use the cheap miracle grow ferts and the plant seem to love it, watch out late in the season for too low ph, MG seems to acidify the soil a lot.
much luck to your grow

Thank you very much!!! Well a couple of things have changed since my last update. I got rid of the foil cardbourd box. And moved everything into a 3 ft. Cabinet.. I painted it flat white inside... Much better than foil!!!lol Brighten's the room right up.... They are dooing great!!!! They are growing so fast... They have sprouted there second set of leaves and they are not even a week old.... I have 4 plants (the ones with the second set of leaves) Then i have three more seed sprouted.... They are about a half inch above the soil...They still have there little seed shell atached...Im waiting for them to shed ther Seed shell....lol. They are on 24/0.... I dont get paid till this friday...But when i get paid i am going to the hydro store in my city... I think i am going to go with the FOX FARM and BIG BLOOM... I have seen great results with this product... Also my plants are not reaching for light they are staying short and hopefully going to be bushy girls!!!! :slide:

I need to get some 5gallon bucket for when i transplant the babies....
i hope they are all female... Also i was wondering if anyone had some good soil suggestions.... I was at Lowe today....I saw some pretty good organic soil there looked good for growing...(not MG) So i hope you guys can help me through this proccess.. i am open to any suggestions and feed back.:thanks:

awesome update, glad to hear your plants are getting their grow on. fox farm is top of the line nutrients, youll be super happy with them.
as for soil, ive always believed that soil is more just a place to hold the plants in place. in earlier times, soil was very important but since we can add all the food that a plant needs soil isnt as much of an issue. ive used regular potting soil/top soil from the hardware store at 2 bucks a bag and my plants thrive in it, as long as the soil has good drainage you should be good.
this is all of course just my opinion, in my 3rd year of growing outdoors and am by no means an expert. only sharing some stoned observations.
anyways good luck with your grow, should have lots of fun watching the little babies grow into beast.

I think i am going to go with the FOX FARM and BIG BLOOM...
Then while there may I suggest also seeing if they have Fox Farms Ocean Forest ( FFOF) soil mix 1.5 cu. ft bags app $ 14-20.00 depends on where one lives.

Back
Top Bottom