Outdoor Grow Too Hot In Late Flowering

OlderStoner

I've got a beautiful female that has been well tended too for the last 5 months. She's got lots of buds and they are thickening up but not to the degree one would hope 5 weeks into flowering. My real problem is that it's just too hot. 90° to 95° is a daily norm. The plant seems to be holding her own but so did my last grow in this kind of heat. And the buds were airy and whispy upon harvest. I took her inside where AC keeps temps below 80°. She's near a window so she gets light but not direct sunlight like outside. Since I only have about 3-4 weeks left I'm curious if this is the right approach. The weather forecast are more heat.

Think it gets hot in Jamaica or Afghanistan? It's a weed. Yesterday it was 100F here, and much warmer in my greenhouse, and it's a jungle inside. As long as they get enough water and a lot of air movement and fresh air, there should be no problem. Air temp can be very high, while leaf surface temp is much lower because of evaporation. Don't rob her of sun.

I agree with Bush Doc, high temps don't seem to bother the plants. My typical summer temps are in the 90's and often reach 100. Plants have never really been bothered by it as long as you give them enough water. Don't deprive them of direct sunlight.

Think it gets hot in Jamaica or Afghanistan? It's a weed. Yesterday it was 100F here, and much warmer in my greenhouse, and it's a jungle inside. As long as they get enough water and a lot of air movement and fresh air, there should be no problem. Air temp can be very high, while leaf surface temp is much lower because of evaporation. Don't rob her of sun.
I’m pretty sure they air condition their plants in Jamaica too lol

I’m pretty sure they air condition their plants in Jamaica too lol
Yeah, but mostly they are air-conditioning themselves. Gets miserable trying to work on the crop when we are getting hot ourselves.

Our air conditioner burned up, literally, this summer. Took a month to get someone out and then arrange a replacement. The plants in the grow room suffered a bit because I was suffering. I made sure that they had water and did not have any major problems and then often ended up back on the patio since it was cooler in the shade than it was in the house or basement.

Back
Top Bottom