Outdoor Soil Preparation and Ammendments

I have thrown seed straight into the ground and fed them fish emulsion and MG ( 20 yrs ago ) and pulled over two lbs off of it... We even use to train them to grow as low as possible.
If you are going to make your own soil from scratch you are going to have to let it bake for 30-45 days to allow plenty of break down time for some of the slower amendments..
If you are going to used bagged soil then I would go with the usual worm castings, kelp, maybe a guano some chicken shit, and some vermiculite.
Dolomite lime is pretty fool proof. It won't raise the PH past 7. You can add that later on if you encounter any low PH problems.. I don't add it to the soil anymore, if needed i use 1/2-1 tbl per gallon of water depending on how much it dropped..
What were you planning on adding to the soil? are you amending the dirt from the hole or using bagged? I have to start planning my outdoor this year, I was thinking of making my own but shot that one down pretty quick... :bongrip:
I will be looking forwad to some more ideas and opinions... :thumb:

When you say if you go with bag soil you would go with the usual worm castings, kelp. guano ect, is all that stuff in the bagged soil already or do you have to add it?

When you say if you go with bag soil you would go with the usual worm castings, kelp. guano ect, is all that stuff in the bagged soil already or do you have to add it?

This is what comprises this particular brand of bagged soil. I don't intend to add much if anything.

Back
Top Bottom