Overwatering New grower. need help

Bruiser47

Everyone was right I had been killing my seedlings by overwatering them every day. My cheap moisture meter was reading dry and the soil would seem dry after cooking under the lights. I stopped watering and the growth exploded with no yellow just pretty lime green. Because overwatering is my issue, what is just about the most reliable way to tell if the seedlings (or plants) need to be fed or watered.Do I just stick to a rigorous weekly schedule? I was planning to start a micro amount of micronutrient with ph'd water. whats the deal?
Small tent grow:3x3x5
medium:perlite,vermiculite,sand,peat moss,dolomite lime
lights:125wcfl

a lot of people have trouble with seeds myself included ,they are just very touchy about watering at first and diff seedlings like more or less so you just need to work it out.
best way is once watered wait until the top inch or 2 of medium is dry and rewater.
once the growth starts to pick up and root system has developed a bit more they will drink quite rapidly.

not so much spots but definitely yellowing and inevitably curling up and dry death. very unfortunate but I knew going into this that it would be difficult with a steep learning curve.
photo_1496.JPG

not so much spots but definitely yellowing and inevitably curling up and dry death. very unfortunate but I knew going into this that it would be difficult with a steep learning curve.
photo_1496.JPG

yep thats it!!
just keep it slow on the water until she gets kicking and ph at around 6-6.5 for seedling :thumb:

What's up Bruiser.Welcome to 420.
I noticed in your first post,You mention a 125 cfl.
In the pics it looks to be L.E.D.
I was just wondering how high you have your light hung ,if it was led.
You dont want them close up like Hps.
With all the help you will get from the member's here,You should have no problem making it to bloom.:thumb:
Good luck my friend.Ill be around

I was running a 180w led ufo light but for my seedlings I took it down along with another 125w cfl. I plan on re-hanging them as soon as I am in veg. My question and concern now is what to feed my seedlings when it is time. I have all the fox farm nutrient line and some Mycorhizae? Is it ok to feed them some big bloom, half strength along with some myco? I have ph up and down as well. :thanks:

I would say yes your plant's look old enough for a small 1/4 stregth of nute's.
I dont see ant nute in your soil mix so you should be ok.
There are alot of different opinion's on superthrieve,I do own a bottle as I think everyone has one laying around as they have been around forever,it seem's,but I dont use it.
Here is a great journal that has a a ton of info about feeding with FoxFarm.Its a bit long but some where along you'll see where she start's using it and get's a ton of help.

Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

The water run off tells you what PH the soil is at. So you know it can take up all the nutrients thats on offer to her. You don't need a lot of water run off, i just get enough so i can test. I hope this helps a bit im sure others can explain a bit better than me.

wow! impressive, problem solved :goodjob: :420:

are you going to stick around and put the girl/s in a journal?

you should :passitleft:, you'll love this place!

I can't add anything, you are on the right path

:goodjob: Jimmy6, bruiser, & indicaVet:bravo: coming in with a live saving effort,

you guys saved her life, in the cloud:hippy:, wow! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom