Pdub's CFL Bag Seed Closet Grow

Pdub721

Whats up everyone! This is my first attempt at growing marijuana. I went ahead and made a box and will slowly add to it was my budget allows. For now its 3'x2'x1'6'' with an exhaust at the top(fans coming soon) and an intake at the bottom.

Im using 161 watts of 23watt daylight cfl bulbs in a diy reflector. I'll be putting another coat of white and painting the reflector white this weekend. Adding in nutes this weekend if they need water as well.

IMG_20140430_165115039.jpg

IMG_20140503_200822586.jpg

IMG_20140503_200828715.jpg

I still have to make the box light proof but the lights are on 24/7 atm. Im using some bagseed I got from a friend so I hope it comes out to be dank! I haven't used nutes yet.
IMG_20140503_200835398_HDR.jpg

Im about a week and 2 days in.
IMG_20140506_200759001_HDR_1_.jpg

Cheers! :thanks:

Re: Pdub's CFL bagseed closet grow

Good Soil with air holes too boot I see. I would have started with a 4 inch cup to get good root growth and easyer to water.But life goes on, I am still a newbe myself. I have 2 --60 watt clf or i call them pig lights. closet is 2.5x3.5x6 tall.I guess thats ok ,who knows.Most farmers use the sun!:peace:

I'm in the process of building a small room in garage, but the box I use now is 2x2x5, so you got a pretty decent space. I have one plant squeezed in there, and she looks lonely

Hey thanks fellas! Yea I went with a bigger pot just to be able to poke some holes to get o2 down to the bottom. I agree a smaller cup would have been ideal but I'm a little skeptical on transplanting!

Do little plants give off a different smell? Its not a weed smell, but you can tell something is in my room haha. Not that it matters really.

First few weeks my plants just smell like plants, but around week 3-4 of veg they start picking up a marijuana smell.

Good to know. It definitely smells like some kind of plants growing. I picked up some Fox Farm grow big from a store by me, overpriced at 11.95 for 16 fl oz. Made a dilution of 1/2 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water for 1/4 strength. I started to germ a few more seeds because at this store they also have Fox Farm ocean forest for 7.95 a bag! I'll grab a bag of that for the new fellas.

Those prices are great compared to where I am. Double those prices for sure. I paid 13 bucks for a small bag of perlite. if i didn't need it that day I would have got on Amazon.

Those prices are great compared to where I am. Double those prices for sure. I paid 13 bucks for a small bag of perlite. if i didn't need it that day I would have got on Amazon.

Ouch! Perlite was I think 7.99 a bag at this nursery and 4.99 at home of the pot.(home depot, my sisters and family call it that but they dont smoke weed lol). The 11.99 for a bottle of Grow big though is expensive for 16 fluid ounces though, no? I found the quart for 15.99 on amazon. Id rather have it in my hands paid for in cash though, for obvious reasons :thumb:

Checked the ladies this morning, they'll need water by tomorrow night. Temps in my box are rising but I don't know exactly what they are..as I said I'm adding to the box as the budget allows!

Welcome to 420 magazine! Looking good man.
I would ease off on nutes All together until you have at least 3 sets of leafs. Then I would start on 1/4 strength.

I would definitely pickup a thermometer, even one from the dollar store would do the trick.

If temps become a problem you can switch your lights to 18-6 letting the box and bulbs cool for a bit every day. This is open to discussion some people do 24-0 and swear by it. Some 18-6.

11.99 is a good price for grow big. They don't even sell it where I am lol

What type of soil are you using?

Cheers. And subscribed.

I'm using miracle grow seed starter to start the seeds and then I transplanted them into miracle grow organic choice. Now I know the nursery by me sells Fox Farms, I'll be putting my new seeds in some Ocean Forest. I haven't actually used the nutes, I was going to wait another week or so before I add them in.

I have the box in my clothes closet for now because my other closet is original plastered walls from early 1900s lol... Its taking some time to get a good clean in there!

Some more pictures because I like pictures :D
Heres the closet after some paint
IMG_20140507_232858182.jpg

IMG_20140508_124206414.jpg

Heres the box itself - mind you I need to get a pvc elbow or two to light trap the cords for the lights coming through the top and Ineed some more hooks/chains to be able to hang the reflector from 4 corners for better adjustment based on individual plant growth.

IMG_20140508_124417607_HDR.jpg

and heres the one plant that has any picture worthyness - shes about a week and a half old, sprouting her second set of leaves.

Sorry wrong picture, here is the right one :)

IMG_20140508_124259220_HDR.jpg

Setup looks good. I grow in a box in a closet. Make sure you have good vents cause it will heat up fast. I'd get your plants in some fox farm, I know miracle gro isn't impossible to use, just frowned upon by most. But different strokes for different folks.

And the Ffof has nutes in it, so you may not need to feed them any for a while

Thats my plan, use the ocean forest on the next set of seedlings I go to plant. I didn't realize I had a fox farms dealer so close to me or else I would've went right for it! I just got the exhaust fan in today, going to get ducting tomorrow and get things rolling. I won't be using a carbon filter for a few weeks, or maybe I'll DIY one for now until I can afford a quality Phresh filter.

Lol dryer sheets do wonders FYI :)

Eh, I have an ex cop brother in law upstairs with my sister, and a mom in the other section of my house. I'd rather get a carbon filter than anything.

In my closet there was a "mom's attic"(moving trucks have them i believe) and the boards weren't screwed down so I took them out and sanded them down for some paint. I also drilled a 4 inch hole in the first board to exhaust my box's heat/filtered air into my bathroom. Hopefully payday tomorrow leads to a few more upgrades such as...

- Hygrometer
- more chain to hang reflector from 4 corners
- I might need to get a thin piece of wood trim for a center seal point for the doors because I have to remount them
- a longer surge protector, 3 feet is too short, what was I thinking LOL
- 4 inch ducting
- a vent guard for the new hole going into the bathroom. Might as well paint it to match to help the stealthyness I don't truly need.
- probably 10 other things that I'll leave with because I'm a guy going into a hardware store lets be honest here :circle-of-love:

Fed the one plant tonight as the pot was feeling light and the first 2.5'' were dry. Seeds are germinating in paper towels in bags in the box as well. Sorry for the long update, but one thing about growing is keeping it a secret from friends is always a better idea. You can never trust someone with knowledge of your doing, legal or not. Jealousy can harm easily.

IMG_20140509_055308755.jpg

Just an update for you fellas. Went to home of the pot and got a few more supplies.. I can never leave there without an extra item or two.

whats up fellas! I got a hygrometer and a few more things needed some im hoping after this W&B and breakfast the box will be done.

IMG_20140511_090301284_HDR.jpg

Temps are a little high but i have NO exhaust fan currently, I'm putting that in today. Not sure what I need my humidity at, researching that later. Heres one guy about a week in and the other two weeks.
IMG_20140509_055314911.jpg

IMG_20140511_090306202_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom