Perpetual Pics

Mine was super dense also, but the yield was pretty good. Think it's been jarred for nearly a month. It has a bit of a musky/sweet smell that is hard to describe. The taste is mainly Blue Berry with the OG coming through on the exhale.

Only two others have sampled it. The three of us shared a small bowl. The others were "un-sober" as they described it.

Hmm, I hope I get the same pheno.

Congrats on sleeping in your own bedroom of your own house Josh.

Here's some of the Purple Kush, Les.

today_314.jpg
today_316.jpg

Not sure what I did different...I added a little CO2 enhancement. I think it was a combination of time of year (temperature and relative humidity indoors), using the Botanicare Kind nutrients along with the bloom boosters from the former nute brand, and this is the first time I've grown these strains.

I took Ol Festus' advice and parked the cool tube almost touching the canopy top.

I think it's just good genetics...:thanks:

Well, the good folks from Herbie's have done it again. My order arrived safe and in a timely manner. I really wanted to go crazy and buy a bunch of different strains. Money being always tight, I only purchased Blue Blood. I received a Royal Queen Critical femmed bean in addition to two no-brand regular Skunk x Haze.

I figured heck with it and am germinating them all. Now that I'm using my 4 x 4' tent for veg purposes I can afford the space for more mother plants. I have two new 7 gallon smart pots that are going to come into play. My northern Light Blue is in a 10 gallon smart pot. Looking back, that's too big for my needs. So...she's going to have to be replaced by a smaller version of herself. The smart pots are kind of deceiving. The 7 gallon ones look smaller than a 5 gallon bucket. They are short and wide. I know it's for stability. But man, they take up a lot of real estate compared to traditional containers.

I have yet to set up the flowering tent. I have to do some light remodeling first. There's two weird according doors that aren't light proof. My tent is no where close to being so either. Luckily there's a solid wood door separating the dining room from the kitchen that we've already agreed to remove. I might get to that on Sunday.

I also need to route my exhaust ducting. I may run it down the sewer. There's an abandoned dryer vent that I could also tap into. It's got a nice cover that matches the vinyl siding. I'm not in a huge rush, clones aren't ready yet.

I'm kind of surprised I don't have any signs of roots yet. I think I took the clones last Friday evening, so just short of 6 days ago. I'm trying something experimental this round of cloning. I don't see how it would hurt, hopefully help with my slime issues. First off I totally dismantled the entire machine and soaked it 50% bleach water for a couple of hours. (I threw away the old misters and am using new pucks.) I even fully dismantled the pump.

From there I took all the components to "a place" with an industrial dishwasher and ran it through the hottest sanitation cycle. Unfortunately the piece that holds the pucks, looks to be melamine or PVC---something plastic-esque, warped. Good thing I have two machines.

I just used Clonex Gel and plain tap water. The kicker is that I bought an air pump. It was the nicest aquarium pump they had at Wally World, nothing like what you'd find in an actual hydro shop. It has two outlets so I bought two air stones. Also, not like in a hydro shop. They are about the size of my thumb. But they give off bubbles. If I see a benefit I'll invest in some larger stones.

Still pondering on my previous post, one thing that I did do different last time was really use my TDS meter. I pushed 2000 PPMs the last three feedings. I've never done that before. Having the meter(s) really helps me customize what I'm giving them versus going by someone else's generalized regiment. I think I pushed the plants to the absolute maximum for their environment. I plan on doing it the same next time around. (I'll treat the Skunk x Haze lighter because of the Sativa dominance and longer flowering time.)

:420:

I am currently germinating 2 feminized Critical beans. :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, are yours the same Royal Queen brand Critical? I did some research the other night that indicated enough for me personally to never pay for that breeder's genetics. But hey, I'll take a free femmed Critical bean.

:peace: :high-five: :cheer:

The God Bud is very nice. I like the plant's genetic disposition---hardy, fast cloning, nearly indestructible, super quick finisher; a good example of an Indica dominant hybrid. Keep in mind, my photographic skills do not give these nugs the justice they deserve. The BC G looks like sugar coated cereal. The first hit is bliss.

That Purple Kush is very lovely. The bouquet goes from sweet to fruitier, then to the earthy kush/hash back to grape. Once again I want to thank Relaxed Lester for the strain recommendation.

:420:

Just out of curiosity, are yours the same Royal Queen brand Critical? I did some research the other night that indicated enough for me personally to never pay for that breeder's genetics. But hey, I'll take a free femmed Critical bean.

:peace: :high-five: :cheer:

Yeah, they are the freebies from herbies and they are the Royal Queen ones. :cheer:

Yeah, same as mine.

I did a little research. It indicated that Royal Queen isn't the best breeder. What I read suggested that they just take already established genetics, dilly-dally with a back cross, then resell it; prone to hermaphrodites and just plain unstable.

Who knows. Maybe we'll both be lucky mate. :cheer:

Nature is a conundrum. Chronichemp did three runs with Holy Grail Kush. He said he didn't like it. I personally love it (my pheno). He started a new bean and it was a different experience for him.

I believe it's just part of life. Sh*t always happens one way or another. The folks, or plants, that succeed in any one regard are able to adapt to their personal environment. We can't all be rock stars. Just how it is. Being a part of this community drives my passion. :high-five:

actually liked the last one but didn't have any cuttings and I tried to take a cut and root/reveg but it was too much for it
and it was the only way I could do it as the plant at its lowest node with growth was too high
to just stick back in a 3 gallon bucket and reveg in the top tent
next time I buy seeds ill buy a few more of those and try to find that phenol again

I wish you luck finding that pheno. I'd share cuttings if possible...

All the new beans; Blue Blood, Critical, and two regular Skunk x Haze; have been germinated and sowed in a typical soilless potting mix. Just playing the waiting game for now.

All the clones, even the Holy Grail which is a slower cloner, are showing the white "pimples"-should be soon seeing actual roots. I'm glad the clones are going well because the Northern Lights x Skunk #1 is looking worse than Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. She'll be reestablished even though she's probably my least favorite current strain. I just don't crave her flavor. Still reminds me of a Bounce dryer sheet. Everything else about the strain is great.

I need to get my flowering tent up. I better do that pretty soon or I'll have a mess on my hands. Seems like there's never enough time in the day. :420:

I made the mistake of over packing my jars. That little bit of carelessness cost me over 6 ounces of Holy Grail Kush. All I can do is learn from my mistake and move forward.

My Northern Light x Skunk #1 mother has passed. I could have tried to continue to nurse her along but it was inevitable. At least I have two viable clones from her. Here's what the end result looks like:

today_322.jpg

And some Northern Lights x Blueberry:

today_323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom