Peter Green's Microbial Soil: Cheese, 9 Pound Hammer & Sugar Candy, 2019

Evening mr.Green hope it's been a relaxing Sunday for you and the family... Yip lacto serum works very well and you can use straight in with your girls feed as well and compost teas and literally everything....haha

Cheers for the compliment on mr.Tabenfs journal as was there now now...haha
How the girls looking today... :snowboating:
Hi @Smeegol Today was a good day, thanks. I hope your day was equal or better :Rasta:I’ve spent quite a bit of time in my garden this evening (as every evening) and I got my setup set up a bit better. I got my leds a bit closer and got more reflexion. I’ve been checking out the VPD chart and it seems I need to get my temps down a bit and rh up a bit. Today was pretty warm. After a foilar feed and a normal feed, I’m at 32.2 celcius with 60% rh. I’ll post some pics in the morning. Otherwise, I’m quite happy, it’s looking good :cheer: Sleep well bro! Tomorrow we’ll see more progress.

Some pics from last night:

mr.Green how are you this fine evening just been having lots of rain this side today, I could swim in the garden if I wanted to...haha

Your temps not too bad as they can handle 32-35 fairly well and your humidity for veg is ok from reading on some of the other guys threads, 40-50% is recommended, but a cheap simple solution is buying those laundry spongy pads you place between damp clothing and absorbs moisture/humidity very well, couple guys on a whatsapp group use them in their tents.
Another trick I did for temps and might work for you too, I can see a window with a blind pulled down in that 1 pic could you get some black breathable material from town ( paid R86 ) and build a frame with with brandering then you can open the window and block light going out and bring air in and temps down by 3-4 degrees..

mr.Green how are you this fine evening just been having lots of rain this side today, I could swim in the garden if I wanted to...haha

Your temps not too bad as they can handle 32-35 fairly well and your humidity for veg is ok from reading on some of the other guys threads, 40-50% is recommended, but a cheap simple solution is buying those laundry spongy pads you place between damp clothing and absorbs moisture/humidity very well, couple guys on a whatsapp group use them in their tents.
Another trick I did for temps and might work for you too, I can see a window with a blind pulled down in that 1 pic could you get some black breathable material from town ( paid R86 ) and build a frame with with brandering then you can open the window and block light going out and bring air in and temps down by 3-4 degrees..
Good evening Smeegol I’m having a great evening so far. When I arrived home I saw that I have two capsicum pepper seeds up. Always nice to breath life in our gardens. Thanks for the hot tip, I’m gonna get me some of that material asap! For now, I’ve cracked the window open to allow some airflow and I also have another 2 small fans from an old led light (see attached). Now I have a fan to use in my drying cupboard for when I harvest the Tutankhamun cross later this week :tommy: I hope you’re having a great evening. You have plenty to keep you busy. Enjoy the rain, we need some.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 44
Good evening Smeegol I’m having a great evening so far. When I arrived home I saw that I have two capsicum pepper seeds up. Always nice to breath life in our gardens. Thanks for the hot tip, I’m gonna get me some of that material asap! For now, I’ve cracked the window open to allow some airflow and I also have another 2 small fans from an old led light (see attached). Now I have a fan to use in my drying cupboard for when I harvest the Tutankhamun cross later this week :tommy: I hope you’re having a great evening. You have plenty to keep you busy. Enjoy the rain, we need some.

Those fans are always handy, I have 3 of them and they always in use somewhere...haha, I don't know if it's possible but if you have a second window in that room put a blind in there as well as it will cause a inflow through the room, I was looking at the window in the room next door earlier to do the same as humidity could be a bit lower if I'm to be honest..... :rofl: I haven't actually checked temps/humidity as haven't replaced the battery in a while...do that tomorrow I reckon...haha

@Smeegol Do you think I should be measuring the temp and humidity under the light, at soil level where it is or should I measure the temp of the room in general? With open window and slightly raised light, I’m still sitting at 33.9 degrees. It’s really not that hot inside this room.

@Smeegol Do you think I should be measuring the temp and humidity under the light, at soil level where it is or should I measure the temp of the room in general? With open window and slightly raised light, I’m still sitting at 33.9 degrees. It’s really not that hot inside this room.

When I first started growing I always measured at the base of the plants and under the light but now I measure the room in general.. With winter approaching your room should cool down nicely and your temp is fine I reckon as I've floated into that range as well, I used to try and be 100% percent on things like that but I learnt I ended up making more problems for myself as well. They are amazing plants and survive crazy stuff outdoors so both our indoors are fine brother....

Goood morning. New problem, power outages / loadshedding. Our power is being cut off 2 - 3 times per day for 2,5 hours at a time (might get worse). Time to budget for a generator to keep my grow space going. I'm getting a COB light this week and was planning on doing videos on the grow, but now I'm not too sure about that considering the power outages. Tisk tisk. Here's a pic from this morning, power out, camera flash. Nice deep green I see. :Rasta:9 Pound Hammer in the front, Sugar Candy in the middle and Cheese at the back:

Goood morning. New problem, power outages / loadshedding. Our power is being cut off 2 - 3 times per day for 2,5 hours at a time (might get worse). Time to budget for a generator to keep my grow space going. I'm getting a COB light this week and was planning on doing videos on the grow, but now I'm not too sure about that considering the power outages. Tisk tisk. Here's a pic from this morning, power out, camera flash. Nice deep green I see. :Rasta:9 Pound Hammer in the front, Sugar Candy in the middle and Cheese at the back:

This load shedding is getting bad, watch the news tonight they talking about implementing stage 5-6 load shedding and implementation of national blackout...
Sh.tz getting serious now, was chatting with my ol man as he does jobs for Eskom and says electricity will only be for the very rich.....bad.

This load shedding is getting bad, watch the news tonight they talking about implementing stage 5-6 load shedding and implementation of national blackout...
Sh.tz getting serious now, was chatting with my ol man as he does jobs for Eskom and says electricity will only be for the very rich.....bad.
That’s pretty shitty! So we need to become very rich :blunt:I’ve got very bright rechargeable battery powered lights arriving on Thursday. That is at least one solution to the ‘daytime’ interruptions. A more expensive solution would be a very powerful UPS but that’ll cost like R15k. Once I have a UPS, I’de get more efficient lights such as COB. I’m excited for Thursday! Maybe I can sneak in a pic or two :idea:

Hooray :headbanger: Yesterday I set up my new lighting stand. It's actually double the length but doesn't fit in my room. I was hoping to fit all my lights on the stand but can't for now. I'm currently hanging my 250w MH, a 200watt COB stage light and 2 x LED stage lights (blue/green & red/blue). ...looks a bit like a movie shoot... I have a 100 watt LED bar to test and also a 2x100watt COB (ultra bright with cool & warm white). I also got a 75 watt battery powered COB to use during power outages but it's not super bright (duh, what was I expecting from 75watts). So far, I think I'll return the 200watt COB and get another of the 2x100watt COB (I'll post pics soon, it's really bright). When moving my plants, I realized I've been over watering, the bags were way heavier than what I expected. Seems to be perking up a little after skipping a day of watering.

Ok I’ve cut back on all the light. No more burple, no more added blue, even no more MH. Now, since yesterday, only my new COB. I had some bugs on the one lady (bottom right) and since spraying her with some Ludwigs with an added touch of hydrogen peroxide, she’s looking rather ill. I’ve raised my lighting, now 19 mol/m2/d, and I’ve fed a weak solution of parts A&B. Hopefully she’ll look better in the morning.

Attachments

• 08CF2797-6869-484B-A48C-D9E2CF238345.jpeg
    08CF2797-6869-484B-A48C-D9E2CF238345.jpeg
    901.8 KB · Views: 46
My room temp is perfect now that I'm only using COBs and the VPD is now PERFECT! Seems the plants are loving the COBs :cheer: I see huge improvement. I've added some synthetic nutes because the Sugar Candy leaves were looking a bit yellow. Light is measuring 18 mol/m2/d @ 76cm above the sensor (canopy level).

Not a favourite topic is Eskom these days the buggers, but good on the lights mr.Green, my Chinese ones are showing their true colors after 2 months and blowing sadly....

If you find Ludwigs isn't working for those bugs another matey of mine in Jozi shared his secret weapon with me and it's working very well...haha
1xbag Boxer tobacco
Soap
Alcohol from chemist
Sunlight liquid
Cooking oil

Add 4 big pinches to 2lt of water and let steep overnight, add a tblspoon of oil, sunlight liquid and alco together then add 3lt hot water and spray every 2nd day.....
It works better than all the shop bought items I've tried so far...

5lt sprays 14 girls so half that for yours but I dbl the tbl spoon.

Also I hear your pain with load shedding. Must wreck havoc with indoor grows. Luckily as I'm close to parliament I've yet to get 1 min load shedding. Super lucky . Eskom sucks wholesale
Luckily no load shedding for now. ..giving my plants a chance to catch up on lost time.

Back
Top Bottom