Peter Green's Microbial Soil: Cheese, 9 Pound Hammer & Sugar Candy, 2019

Evening brother Irie, what is this devilish concoction you cal Biodyne....??
Evening brother smeegs! I have only used it the last two months and my plants really love it.
Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes Check it out. The 'liquid gold' is a new line they are running i dont think its for sale yet but that what i have linked is basically it. Anyone's plants (grown in soil) can only benefit from it. Let me know what you think

Hi @Smeegol and @irie lion I hope you're well medicated this morning :bongrip: I'm using tap water with ph buffer. I have recently picked up a sample of Biodyne Environoc 401 but I gave it to all the plants so I can't be sure if it's doing anything. It will be good to do an A/B combarison with two clones (one with Biodyne one without). I have read that there are so many various microbes which multiply like crazy and therefore it'd be more beneficial to first make sure to have all the additives to feed those already existing microbes. Like seaweed extract, fish emulsion and rock dust to name a few. I'm aiming to get more slow release nutrients in my soil. I already use spent coffee grounds and unmalted, milled barley. I have in a shopping basket some kepl meal, rock phosphate, calmag and calcitic lime. I want to 'build' and reuse my soil. Now I just need a container large enough or a big tough plastic sheet.

Hey Mr Green, sounds like you've got a solid plan ahead! I'll definitely be experimenting with making my own soil soon too. i've been using Freedom farms soil for quite a while and it is just so so good i'm not sure i could match it but i'll sure try! :laugh::headbanger:

Evening brother smeegs! I have only used it the last two months and my plants really love it.
Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes Check it out. The 'liquid gold' is a new line they are running i dont think its for sale yet but that what i have linked is basically it. Anyone's plants (grown in soil) can only benefit from it. Let me know what you think

This would work brilliantly brother, and you in freefarms soil so you'll be pumping on full throttle.....:meditate:

Hi @Smeegol and @irie lion I hope you're well medicated this morning :bongrip: I'm using tap water with ph buffer. I have recently picked up a sample of Biodyne Environoc 401 but I gave it to all the plants so I can't be sure if it's doing anything. It will be good to do an A/B combarison with two clones (one with Biodyne one without). I have read that there are so many various microbes which multiply like crazy and therefore it'd be more beneficial to first make sure to have all the additives to feed those already existing microbes. Like seaweed extract, fish emulsion and rock dust to name a few. I'm aiming to get more slow release nutrients in my soil. I already use spent coffee grounds and unmalted, milled barley. I have in a shopping basket some kepl meal, rock phosphate, calmag and calcitic lime. I want to 'build' and reuse my soil. Now I just need a container large enough or a big tough plastic sheet.

If you are looking at building a soil mr.Green, there's another sa grower who used to be on here who had an awsome organic soil mix with local ingredients, I saved it somewhere can look it up for you....
I'm also wanting to give it a bash one day..

Hi @Smeegol It’s nice to know what exactly is in the soil, it kinda make it easier when assessing problems or considering additives. Here’s today’s update on the 3 strains...day19
Cheese:
6A125FE2-B654-49AA-A769-018AF72C0F5E.jpeg

Sugar Candy:
0ED6FBB4-966E-47C0-8803-DB2D4DC74129.jpeg

9 Pound Hammer:
4B3C7F27-8B53-4AD3-8796-56ADC02CB9F5.jpeg

Hi guys, 3.5 weeks into flower and I’m already drewling :drool:This seems like it’s gonna be my shiniest grow ever (although the Black Raspberry was also very shimmery). Super sticky buds already. Check out that tric production on the leaves. Smells sooo good! I fed 3 days ago with some Seagrow and worm tea, also added some epsom salts and calmag (went out and got some at the local hydro shop). Please check the 3rd and 4th photos, it’s the 9P, it’s looking a little yellow and slightly stiff, not a smooth surface like the others. Let me know your thoughts :hmmmm:
Suager Candy
51D62782-2180-4DE8-83F4-BD3CE5C5755E.jpeg

Cheese
E1960849-6138-46F3-86E4-1122ED9748F7.jpeg

9P
A7292111-8FA8-4700-AAC2-39E09B76EB8D.jpeg
92D951A2-D4D4-426F-BB5F-9BEEEF3C213F.jpeg

Hey Mr Green, i can almost smell that from here! :cheer: looking super frosty brother - seems you will have a snowed up winter :rofl: I see what you are seeing with the 9P but can't tell you whats up. Maybe she is a tad hungrier than the others and could take a increased feeding.

Hey Mr Green, i can almost smell that from here! :cheer: looking super frosty brother - seems you will have a snowed up winter :rofl: I see what you are seeing with the 9P but can't tell you whats up. Maybe she is a tad hungrier than the others and could take a increased feeding.

Morning mr.Green I reckon mr.Irie is correct i would add some calmag to your next feed and see how she responds.... But otherwise it must be like a stink factory in there right about now...

I think you're right man, I've been feeding very little synthetic nutes (unlike previous grows) and this isn't the first time she's acting up a bit. Maybe tonight I'll feed a light dose of A, B & MPK and also some calmag and see how she looks tomorrow. Thanks for your input guys! :passitleft:

Hi guys :yummy: I’ve just trimmed the fan leaves. It’s sooo sticky :drool:2 nights ago I fed 1/4 strength 3 part nutes with added calmag, the 9P hasn’t yellowed any further. Maybe I’ll dose them again tomorrow. Here’s a before and after pic of tonight’s defoliation:
525A8297-580D-4387-B240-6AF5AD56C290.jpeg
7358D8F3-7D4F-48A4-88A0-CD465181ECB9.jpeg

The 9P (back left and right) is a bit more stretchy than the other girls. Tonight I realized that the 9P which was acting up a bit, is the only pot without a tray so when I feed, I feed that one less in order to avoid runoff. Although, it’s the same plant which showed signs of stress when I switched to the cobs so maybe she’s just a little sensitive :battingeyelashes: Anyway, here’s a side view:
525A8ABA-2FE1-445F-AE70-4B8A6881CB2F.jpeg

Brother Green it is looking too damn sexy in there... :bravo::yummy: around half way and they looking like this, you're gonna have some seriously fat nugs at the end of this run bro! :thedoubletake:
Those COB's are insane! Where'd you get them? Are they 100w Cobs?

Howzit @irie lion Thanks bro :thanks:This is one of my best grows, if not my best grow ever. I think I might have to tie up some nugs as I see some leaning already. I guess I’ll just use the ball of twine I have lying around. About the lights, they are doing a good job, the only thing that I want improve is the spread so I’m trying to find glass lenses for them. ...I just never remember to measure the size :lot-o-toke: The current lenses are plastic and aren’t arched at all so the spread is not great. They are cheap Chinese made lights but performing well so far (watch this space). Each unit is 2x100w (labeled: “power consumption 240w”), so that’s 600watts in total. Packaged as “stage lights” but they have cool and warm white setting and are dimmable. They also have “strobe” function so one can have a harvest party I’m considering adding a 600w HPS for a few hours a day, just to get the temps up a few degrees then my VPD will be perfect for late flower :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom