Everywhere floods, but I thought it was all just fairly inconsequential type of flooding. But the seriousness of the 1897, 1938, and now 2023. I think no one should be there now unless they're on high ground, otherwise how can it be safe. There is certainly a writing on the wall aspect to it. And no question, it's a fucking bummer, pardon my French, it's a forced fresh start, and one that is only up from here. So glad you've got great people looking after you, and that you've got a positive view ahead as that'll go a long way.
Yeah it's certainly something to take on board, considering the state of the environment, and humanities unwillingness to change its attitude towards our fragile planet. It's only going to get worse in years to come.

Funnily enough I've been thinking about moving to higher ground for a while, now's the chance to do it and this time I'll be staying away from the river lol. Nelson seems like a nice spot, plenty of sun for the girls, and the solar panels...

You gotta roll with the punches in life, otherwise you'll just end up getting yourself knocked out.

The photos don't do it justice, a whole house was moved off its foundations and floated half a kilometer down the road. Life has literally been tipped upsidedown.
Bloody hell. The power of nature is just hard to reconcile.

And Im sure you are right. When the bushfires came through south of here I can remember the long stare look of heartache of the residents in the area.

Some had lost not just everything they had, but loved ones.

No matter what we did in the aftermath, nothing could fix what was broken in the days before.

What was nice was travelling back up there several years later, and the people had not just returned, but went right back to full lives, smiles in the streets, and I left with a glow in my soul.
Mate, just the fact that I can vent to someone is enough for now.
I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything.
Thanks for the love bro...
Anytime mate, and when these things happen its ok to ask for a kindness or help.

Bloody hell. The power of nature is just hard to reconcile.

And Im sure you are right. When the bushfires came through south of here I can remember the long stare look of heartache of the residents in the area.

Some had lost not just everything they had, but loved ones.

No matter what we did in the aftermath, nothing could fix what was broken in the days before.

What was nice was travelling back up there several years later, and the people had not just returned, but went right back to full lives, smiles in the streets, and I left with a glow in my soul.

Anytime mate, and when these things happen its ok to ask for a kindness or help.
I can't imagine what the bushfires are like there, I've seen the pictures and videos, but again, you just can't understand what it's like until you're standing in front of it.

It's tragedies like these that really show you the reality of humanity and the depths we will go to to help our fellow man, the good, the bad, and the ugly... luckily 95% is the good...

I saw someone give the shirt off their back to a burned koala in the wildfires there, that's a good soul alright, no doubt about it.

Yeah it's certainly something to take on board, considering the state of the environment, and humanities unwillingness to change its attitude towards our fragile planet. It's only going to get worse in years to come.
I sort of think that as the planet been around billions years longer than us, and cycles of heating/cooling, and I imagine it'll do so long after us. I don't like polluted air and water for sure, but the whole global thing going on makes me feel that is going confront us sooner, hope not of course.
Funnily enough I've been thinking about moving to higher ground for a while, now's the chance to do it and this time I'll be staying away from the river lol. Nelson seems like a nice spot, plenty of sun for the girls, and the solar panels...

You gotta roll with the punches in life, otherwise you'll just end up getting yourself knocked out.
Well I gather that is a lovely area, you could even have some fun prospecting. Supposed to be a good growing area too.

I sort of think that as the planet been around billions years longer than us, and cycles of heating/cooling, and I imagine it'll do so long after us. I don't like polluted air and water for sure, but the whole global thing going on makes me feel that is going confront us sooner, hope not of course.

Well I gather that is a lovely area, you could even have some fun prospecting. Supposed to be a good growing area too.
Yeah humans are but a blip on that sort of timeline. We're definitely in for a rough ride in the future, better get ready...

Apparently it's in the southern 'emerald triangle', exactly opposite the American area of the same name. Not sure of the exact location but I think it's somewhere around the hills of California?

Get your hand out while it’s fresh and funds are available.

You’ll be okay. Next few months will be difficult but there will be a prize at the end. Your new home. Once you’re all set up, I will do an extra shift and buy you a light, and I’ll send you seeds. That’s a promise. Xo

And things could be worse. You could have suffered this loss then got fucked in the arse by a donkey… LOLLING!

Get your hand out while it’s fresh and funds are available.

You’ll be okay. Next few months will be difficult but there will be a prize at the end. Your new home. Once you’re all set up, I will do an extra shift and buy you a light, and I’ll send you seeds. That’s a promise. Xo

And things could be worse. You could have suffered this loss then got fucked in the arse by a donkey… LOLLING!
Love you T, you always make me smile.
Yeah the donkey thing would be way worse...

Quick update, I'm doing okay, I'm volunteering for a charity called HUHA at the moment, looking after cyclone affected animals etc.

IMG20230305134424.jpg

IMG20230305134410.jpg

IMG20230305134355.jpg

Sorry it's been a while, just wanted to drop a pic or 3 to keep the journal going. I fully intend to get back in the saddle, sooner or later.

Hopefully sooner, I'm running low... :nervous-guy:

It's okay, I know a guy :ganjamon:

The first pic is what I'm smoking now, some of the Swiss skunk I managed to keep, and a bit of something from a friend. Nothing special but does the job lol.
And a few old pics, from back in the day...

IMG20230324201802.jpg

IMG20221224175013.jpg

IMG_20221224_173327.jpg

IMG20220312123427.jpg

IMG20220310174701.jpg

IMG20220227163829_01.jpg

IMG20220226181040.jpg

IMG20220226180941.jpg

IMG20211210150634.jpg

Damnit man, the name suits you bro. You certainly know how to grow a wild jungle! Those are some bushy outdoor beauties.
Sorry about the slow response Rhino, lol, yeah that's what I thought when I chose my name in the first place.
The Jungle is messy, overgrown, and smells kinda funky, but it's full of life and it's all organic, a bit like me... :rofl:

Thanks though,
I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually grow half decent plants.

I found 4 of my jars in the debris when we went to have a look the other day, (amazing they didn't break) and inside one of the jars was a little surprise...
Unfortunately the bud is toasty and a bit moldy, but there's a seed in there and I think it's probably alright. If I use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize it, it should be fine.

IMG20230408145413.jpg

IMG20230408145420.jpg

IMG20230408145531.jpg

IMG20230408150217.jpg

IMG20230408150239.jpg

Back
Top Bottom