Bro, if I could cashapp you an ounce and some papers - it would be in your inbox already. I have no idea what you're going thru specifically, but i know what it's like to lose. I hope good fortune smiles on you and yours soon homeboy. Be safe out there.

Bro, if I could cashapp you an ounce and some papers - it would be in your inbox already. I have no idea what you're going thru specifically, but i know what it's like to lose. I hope good fortune smiles on you and yours soon homeboy. Be safe out there.
If only brother.

Can't even get petrol, no electricity = no EFTPOS, fat lot of good this bank card is right now.

The bad times we go through in life lets us appreciate the good times even more. The future is unwritten, good fortune is inevitable sooner or later.
Thanks for the kind words Rhino.

If only brother.

Can't even get petrol, no electricity = no EFTPOS, fat lot of good this bank card is right now.

The bad times we go through in life lets us appreciate the good times even more. The future is unwritten, good fortune is inevitable sooner or later.
Thanks for the kind words Rhino.
Hello you :)

Sorry it’s shite.

Once you dry out and reevaluate we will be here. I have seeds to send you and I’d defs be happy to chip in for a light. You could get a sponsorship. I was offered one not to long ago. I’ll see if they will send the light to you.

Hang in there. Xo

Hello you :)

Sorry it’s shite.

One you dry out and reevaluate we will be here. I have seeds to send you and I’d defs be happy to chip in for a light. You could get a sponsorship. I was offered one not to long ago. I’ll see if they will send the light to you.

Hang in there. Xo
Thanks darl, I feel the love from you and the gang at 420 magazine.

:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

Hey guys,
So I just heard from the land owner about the situation, and it's not good.

A little background first.
I used to live next to the Esk river, 20 metres (about 65 feet) away from the waters edge, in the Esk valley. Specifically the settlement called Eskdale, in the very center of the valley. It was an idyllic lifestyle, off grid, in my 2 story house-bus...
The land owner just told me everything is gone, washed away, and 10 feet of silt covers the entire area now.
My neighbors have lost everything too. They were a lovely older couple in their retirement years. They're safe and well, but we won't be neighbors anymore, I'm going to miss them...
Our stories are just two of thousands.

Lucky for me I grabbed some weed on the way out.
Remember the Swiss skunk plant I had in the tent that I had to harvest early because of the power supply problem I had?
Well it turns out it's pretty good actually.
Pity I couldn't get to the finish line with this strain, it had amazing potential to be some killer stuff.
At least I got something out of it.

:passitleft:

Here's some pics of what that Swiss skunk looks like, nowhere near ready... and some random pics of flooding around Napier.

IMG20230216162922.jpg

IMG20230216162912.jpg

IMG20230216162839.jpg

IMG20230216162812.jpg

IMG20230216140740.jpg

IMG20230216140726.jpg

IMG20230216134012.jpg

IMG20230216133647.jpg

IMG20230215104922.jpg

IMG20230214091409.jpg

A dreadful situation Joe, thankfully you're safe. Yeah I would tried to grab some stash before leaving too, looks like you have some good sticky looking bud amongst it. I hope they now stop allowing all that discarded forestry waste that caused a lot of trouble.

A dreadful situation Joe, thankfully you're safe. Yeah I would tried to grab some stash before leaving too, looks like you have some good sticky looking bud amongst it. I hope they now stop allowing all that discarded forestry waste that caused a lot of trouble.
Yeah mate, the slash is everywhere, massive piles of logs left on the ground by the logging industry, smashed houses, bridges, roads and infrastructure on it's way out to the ocean, while the huge corporations make billions of dollars from their dodgy practices and we all pay the price for their mess because they're too cheap to spend the money to clean up after themselves. It's not right. Someone had better get it sorted before it happens again. Rant over.

There's some real gems in my little brown baggie, I'm sure glad I thought to grab it on the way out. I'd hate to think how bad it would be right now without a puff to take the edge off.

Hey guys,
I know it's not 420 related but I need to show you.
This is what's left of my little piece of paradise...
My house bus on its side and completely trashed, the landscape unrecognizable.

IMG20230225195316.jpg

IMG20230225195248.jpg

IMG20230225195118.jpg

IMG20230225195102.jpg

IMG20230225195044.jpg

IMG20230225195030.jpg

IMG20230225194744.jpg

IMG20230225194740.jpg

IMG20230225194725.jpg

IMG20230225194706.jpg

That's some real fury that's gone thru there Joe. It almost looks as if that big tree that appears safe and solid is even on a bit of a lean too. Bloody good that you got out of there in time. I'm not familiar with that area but since the cyclone I have read that there have been some real doozies of floods going back in the past in that valley, I think it was 1897 that up to 3 metres of mud was left when the water went, and in 1938 almost half a metre of rain fell, another big but lesser one in the late 1990's. All the forestry waste these days makes it an even nastier mix. Maybe you can find somewhere discrete in the bush and just plant some seeds in the spring and come back for a looksee at harvest time. With what you have been thru, it will be all up from here. I hope you get some good leads and are soon settled into a good situation.

That's some real fury that's gone thru there Joe. It almost looks as if that big tree that appears safe and solid is even on a bit of a lean too. Bloody good that you got out of there in time. I'm not familiar with that area but since the cyclone I have read that there have been some real doozies of floods going back in the past in that valley, I think it was 1897 that up to 3 metres of mud was left when the water went, and in 1938 almost half a metre of rain fell, another big but lesser one in the late 1990's. All the forestry waste these days makes it an even nastier mix. Maybe you can find somewhere discrete in the bush and just plant some seeds in the spring and come back for a looksee at harvest time. With what you have been thru, it will be all up from here. I hope you get some good leads and are soon settled into a good situation.
I've lived there for almost 10 years and we've had 3 major floods during that time, maybe I should have seen the writing on the wall earlier? I see it pretty clearly now...

Right now I'm being looked after by a wonderful group of people, they're doing their best to help me and my dogs find somewhere to live. They're not even a government agency.
I need to give a shout out to HUHA NZ, (helping you help animals). If you can, please show them some love in any way possible. Even just some good vibes emanating through the universe towards them...

Once I get somewhere to stay I'll be looking to start growing again. It's just a minor setback lol...

It's definitely only up from here.

Hey Joe, a growing question for you. You mentioned before that you were topdressing your plants Herbi's amendments every 2 weeks. They suggest every 2-3 weeks. I hadn't been following that as it was a new range to me and while the plants were looking good I was reluctant to step on the gas in case I messed up.

So having woken up when some obvious lightening and yellowing became more obvious, I top dressed 2 weeks ago and they do look improved now, but I will do another tomorrow probably. Did you always top dress in the quantities they recommend half a cup per 20L of soil, which for my 50L pots works out to 1 1/4 cups? Was just wondering, I'll add a bit of blood n bone too.

Hey Joe, a growing question for you. You mentioned before that you were topdressing your plants Herbi's amendments every 2 weeks. They suggest every 2-3 weeks. I hadn't been following that as it was a new range to me and while the plants were looking good I was reluctant to step on the gas in case I messed up.

So having woken up when some obvious lightening and yellowing became more obvious, I top dressed 2 weeks ago and they do look improved now, but I will do another tomorrow probably. Did you always top dress in the quantities they recommend half a cup per 20L of soil, which for my 50L pots works out to 1 1/4 cups? Was just wondering, I'll add a bit of blood n bone too.
I was going a bit overboard with it and giving them a couple of cups each, I'm pretty sure my pots were around 50 odd litres so they'll be fine, it's not super strong and they seemed to be able to cope with the extra dosage. It definitely perks them up, I'll be getting it again.

I've lived there for almost 10 years and we've had 3 major floods during that time, maybe I should have seen the writing on the wall earlier? I see it pretty clearly now...

Right now I'm being looked after by a wonderful group of people, they're doing their best to help me and my dogs find somewhere to live. They're not even a government agency.
I need to give a shout out to HUHA NZ, (helping you help animals). If you can, please show them some love in any way possible. Even just some good vibes emanating through the universe towards them...

Once I get somewhere to stay I'll be looking to start growing again. It's just a minor setback lol...

It's definitely only up from here.
Everywhere floods, but I thought it was all just fairly inconsequential type of flooding. But the seriousness of the 1897, 1938, and now 2023. I think no one should be there now unless they're on high ground, otherwise how can it be safe. There is certainly a writing on the wall aspect to it. And no question, it's a fucking bummer, pardon my French, it's a forced fresh start, and one that is only up from here. So glad you've got great people looking after you, and that you've got a positive view ahead as that'll go a long way.

Wow mate, that is just raw looking at that, can't imagine how you must have felt and how you're feeling.

We are remarkably resilient and Im so glad theres some support for you pitching in to help you through the times.

If theres any way I can help you out from here just holler.
The photos don't do it justice, a whole house was moved off its foundations and floated half a kilometer down the road. Life has literally been tipped upsidedown.

Mate, just the fact that I can vent to someone is enough for now.
I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything.
Thanks for the love bro...

Back
Top Bottom