PH after adding nutes

420-magazine-mobile1820752387.jpg

wow talk about just in time . my tur no cloner just arrived a hour ago

I dont pH my water befor nutrients . I do it after i believe a lot of crap on YouTube is people who do not know what they are doing . I trust many peoples opinion but who ever told u to pH be for I want to believe was wrong

You are right trappgod, you never ph before adding nutrients. Most of them even say so! You Tube isn't always right. People get on there just to be on there and don't know a darn thing!

now if anyone can tell me about defoliating . I usually do minimal amount bit should I really get into her right before I switch her to 12 / 12 this Friday. I just would like to see some normal before and after pics . because I have at least 17 tops that are right in plain sight and 7 more under canopy .

now if anyone can tell me about defoliating . I usually do minimal amount bit should I really get into her right before I switch her to 12 / 12 this Friday. I just would like to see some normal before and after pics . because I have at least 17 tops that are right in plain sight and 7 more under canopy .

Trappgodd, that's when I did mine just before I flipped to 12/12. I'm into the 3rd week and I just did a little more as these Cobs I'm using really penetrate so I removed some fan leaves to help with the light. Mostly lower not upper. Canopy still at 18-20 in. From top. Love those Cobs!!✌️I do have a journal but the pics are 2weeks old. Gona update tomorrow!

Trappgodd, that's when I did mine just before I flipped to 12/12. I'm into the 3rd week and I just did a little more as these Cobs I'm using really penetrate so I removed some fan leaves to help with the light. Mostly lower not upper. Canopy still at 18-20 in. From top. Love those Cobs!!✌️I do have a journal but the pics are 2weeks old. Gona update tomorrow!
I'm about 2.5 feet wide and 16 in tall

I wouldnt defoliate right before flip, slows down growth hormones that are important at this time, ( 12/12 )

I actually did an experiment about it with another plant.

Rule of thumb is, remove leaf if brown, yellow,

You can tuck leaves if they are blocking a budsite. Start defoliation week 3 flower, 1-2 a day, again, if they are blocking light. When you get to the end of flower, you want 50% of the starting leaves amount to remain, those are needed for flush to feed the plant which you give it no nutes the last 2 weeks. Thos leaves suck up CO2. If you defoliate, the less CO2 uptake, less bub production.

I wouldnt defoliate right before flip, slows down growth hormones that are important at this time, ( 12/12 )

I actually did an experiment about it with another plant.

Rule of thumb is, remove leaf if brown, yellow,

You can tuck leaves if they are blocking a budsite. Start defoliation week 3 flower, 1-2 a day, again, if they are blocking light. When you get to the end of flower, you want 50% of the starting leaves amount to remain, those are needed for flush to feed the plant which you give it no nutes the last 2 weeks. Thos leaves suck up CO2. If you defoliate, the less CO2 uptake, less bub production.

Wow a lot of opinions on this one. I had a professional grower show me and told me to defoliate before flip, which allows for more light penetration while in flower. Kinda confused now as I seen the results from his past grows. As far as Co2 I use that also which my understanding is when in veg. Is when Co2 is really needed most.

Nope, CO2 thru out.

There are many that say to defoliate, and many that say not to. Then there are some that say a few at a time.

Ive done experiments, and like for instance, I have a current one, I took the leaves of before flipped. Needless to say, growth stopped on the nodes that had very little foliage. They are growing at the rate of like 10% compared to before removing the leaves. Even the tops slowed. It was a good thing actually in my case, because it was outgowing all the plants in the tent.

Ive done things like even removing all the peddles on the leave, but like 2, and it seems to not shock the plant whatsoever. This run, im tryin reallllly hard to not remove any leaves on 2 of these. and growth is tremendouse. One another one, I took at the big leaves to get light to the other buds sites. Its growing good, where as the other side of the plant, that i didnt remove, are almost not even growing at all.

When the leaf looks old, and off color, I will remove it.

Nope, CO2 thru out.

There are many that say to defoliate, and many that say not to. Then there are some that say a few at a time.

Ive done experiments, and like for instance, I have a current one, I took the leaves of before flipped. Needless to say, growth stopped on the nodes that had very little foliage. They are growing at the rate of like 10% compared to before removing the leaves. Even the tops slowed. It was a good thing actually in my case, because it was outgowing all the plants in the tent.

Ive done things like even removing all the peddles on the leave, but like 2, and it seems to not shock the plant whatsoever. This run, im tryin reallllly hard to not remove any leaves on 2 of these. and growth is tremendouse. One another one, I took at the big leaves to get light to the other buds sites. Its growing good, where as the other side of the plant, that i didnt remove, are almost not even growing at all.

When the leaf looks old, and off color, I will remove it.

Hey bro I agree Co2 thru out grow and remove old leaves and yellow ones. In my case I removed some fan leaves right before the switch and I have had more buds now that I'm in the 3rd week. So far I haven't seen a difference in my grow removing them the way I did. Not to say that your not right. Will try that route on my next grow. Good luck and thanks for the input!

420-magazine-mobile2106973742.jpg
before
420-magazine-mobile946987365.jpg

after . and then again I don't cut off both fan leaves between each node I only do one and as u can see o have a trap to be folage left . I count 26 tops

Distilled water is next to impossible to get an accurate ph reading from.

That's because it's 0 PPM. BtW, its pH is - unless it has been contaminated with something - 7.0.

That's because it's 0 PPM. BtW, its pH is - unless it has been contaminated with something - 7.0.

I mix mine half and half with tap if I have to use it for watering and then it doesn't change the pH two whole points when I add a drop of pH down. The only time I really ever use it is for mixing foliar spray, hydrating coco blocks, making coloidal silver, or if I forget for fill my buckets the night before with tap to sit out.

Back
Top Bottom