pH meters

gr865

Need recommendation on a new pH meter. I have used the same brand of meter for the past 8 years, have purchased over 4 of them, have changed the diodes regularly. about every 1.5 years or so the main unit dies and I have to replace it. I am fucking tired of doing this.
Almost 3 weeks into 12/12 and the mother fucker has died. Only thing I have on hand are pH strips and we know how well these work.
So I am looking for recommendations I can check out.

bluelab,, 5 times the price but you will darn near be a full on scientist with one,, :thumb:

Milwaukee pH56, Bluelab... or spend $1,000+ on a lab-grade device that has refillable probes, much greater longevity, and far higher quality (and hope you don't somehow knock it off the counter and break it within the next 10 years, lol). Municipal water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, and other industrial users require accuracy - and they expect the stuff to work every time they use it. We're just hobby users, for practical purposes. In other words, the stuff we buy is not in the same universe in terms of quality. <SHRUGS> But it's ("relatively") cheap at $150 or less. I once idly paged through a catalog whilst borrowing a municipal lab facility late at night... a grand for a pH meter was on the lower end. As an example, there was one (out of maybe 30 pages of items) that measured pH and nitrate level. If I remember correctly, it was in the $3,000 range.

Actually, now that I recall, there were lots in the general neighborhood of $500 (and even a bit less) that seemed like they would be pretty good. Take a look at a website like Fisher Scientific or Cole Palmer instead of Amazon ;) . . . .

Thanks guys, I ordered the Milwaukee Instruments MW102, should arrive today, via Prime.
I have been using the Extech pH 100 for years, having to replace the diode at least yearly and this is the third meter main body that has died on my over that time. Just figured it was time to try something new.

I may eventually purchase something like the BlueLab doser.

Milwaukee Instruments has one of those, too. MC122 is the controller by itself and MC720 is the controller and pump kit.

BtW, probes seem to last longer when stored in MI's pH probe storage solution (MA9015, if I'm remembering correctly) instead of pH4.01 buffer solution or other substitute.

Back
Top Bottom