PH problems in peat!

SRG CPT Weed

Hi,i started growing in peat,it was adjusted to 5,5-6,5,anyway after few months im having problems,run off is always like 6.2 no matter what i water,i water 7,5.8,5.and 9,I have no clue how to make soil more alkaline so could stop doing this nonsense which doesnt help at all.

PH problems in peat!!!

High pH is alkaline; you need to make your soil more acidic.

pH down or phosphoric acid or lemon juice will lower your pH.

Are you checking pH before watering? Have you checked to make sure your pH meter isn't broken?

9 seems like a very odd reading, but i don't know much about peat

U need to get some calcium carbonate, epsom salts, soft rock Phosphate, gypsum, Azomite, Earth worm castings with no potassium. How many gallons of peat are you doing? What have you put in so far. Don't need pH up or down. The lime and will be take care of that. Don't over complicate things. Growing is a slow process, while you are waiting you need to read and read more. There are only a few things to do. Get your environment right first. Soil,temperature, air circulation, this will keep you busy. You need to listen to the guys that have been growing awhile, as in many journals under their belt. Never make snap decisions! Get confirmation! Don't over think it! Read more posts by many growers. Everybody has their own style but you want Biotic Optimized Soil Solutions. This has been studied for many years ago. Read old book. It's all connected, living Soil - plants- animals- human. The circle of life! If it's shit in then you will have shit out! Great inputs great output. Read and understand! Learning more about growing your own food and fun. No pesticides! Don't forget, you have bug's in your gut! Circle of life. Enjoy! Buy a refactormeter! Your smoke will be top shelf and won't even smell like weed, taste will be great. Terp profile will be out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom