PH way down overnight

panel350

I Did a water and nutes change yesterday in my dwc had the Ph at 5.7 this morning it's 2.5 Can someone PLEASE tell me whats going on!!
Cheers

How are you measuring the PH and/or have you calibrated it? It is really hard to get water below a 4, as in a whole mess of ph down and still wouldn't get it that low in my experience working with pulp (and white water we sent to the city had to be in a certain range, and even when we put too much soda ash into the water to lower it I never seen it below a 4 as we needed it in the 6.1-9.0 range to not get fined by the city). Not saying it impossible but I'm thinking your gauge is whacked IMHO.

How are you measuring the PH and/or have you calibrated it? It is really hard to get water below a 4, as in a whole mess of ph down and still wouldn't get it that low in my experience working with pulp (and white water we sent to the city had to be in a certain range, and even when we put too much soda ash into the water to lower it I never seen it below a 4 as we needed it in the 6.1-9.0 range to not get fined by the city). Not saying it impossible but I'm thinking your gauge is whacked IMHO.[/QUOTE

I'll check my pen and let you know .Thought it a tad weird !!
Cheers

The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14 with a pH of 7 being neutral. A pH less than 7 is acidic and a pH greater than 7 is alkaline. The pH scale is logarithmic so for every one unit of change in pH there is a tenfold change in ion concentration. This means a solution with a pH of 3 is 10 times more acidic than a solution with a pH of 4 and 100 times more acidic than one with a pH of 5.

Off a site I found with a search......so like I said not impossible but would take a heck of a lot of something acidic to drop it that low.

Off a site I found with a search......so like I said not impossible but would take a heck of a lot of something acidic to drop it that low.

Cheers mate, I just re calibrated my Ph pen to 7 and did a test on my tap water 6.8 then a sample of my nutes water 2.4 ,the only thing I have added to my water is some Gegen-A- Root (for a root rot problem ) and Ph down to 5.7, got me stumped
Cheers

Unless that stuff you add for your problem drops the PH over time and not quickly, did you calibrate it to a 4 also? As sometimes you can hit the high or low test right on and the other can be whacked, why places that need serious accuracy do both a high and low test and have to calibrate it daily.

Cheers mate ,
I've had a problem with root rot ,so after reading some advice on another thread I took some drastic measures to see what the problem was by taking the plant out of it's basket and found (learning curve) the Rockwell I planted it in was really brown on the bottom so I removed the Rockwell and trimmed away all the brown roots to leave just any healthy white one's as per photo's and replanted with just the tap root hanging down below the basket .So I hope this will fix the rot problem!!
Do you think she will recover or is it a lost cause??
Cheers Kev

Attachments

• fixing roots 002.JPG
    fixing roots 002.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 103
  • fixing roots 001.JPG
    fixing roots 001.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 114
  • fixing roots 003.JPG
    fixing roots 003.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 123
  • replanted 001.JPG