PhilipsGreen Light 600W - Soil/Coco - Shark Widow - White Widow - Super Skunk

Yes tell me about it :)
Shows how much I know about it. Lol
U think more 4 or 5 days ready? judging on low amber count and 10% brown pistils.

That will have to be your call and something you will have to learn from experience. Every strain is different in its own way. Personally I would let it go until no new pistils are growing and they should be at least 80% turned. But you have to check the trichomes along the way as this is the main factor in when you will want to harvest. My last papaya harvest i chopped a little earlier with about 100% cloudy and very few amber. It was a very good head high but it didnt show the strains potential as indicas are know for that couch lock high that is accompished with amber trichs. Perfect for me because i wanted a harvest with something I could smoke and go in public if needed.
I like to give the strains all the time they need to finish because this is when the strains potential comes out and you will have some dank bud. My grow i just harvested was a 8 week strain and i believe it was 10 weeks on actual chop time.

Chop a smaller cola and let it hang for 3 days and should be just about dry enough to smoke from a bowl. This is how I test different stages and see what I like.... or at least get an idea when growing new genetics.

Sounds good my friend. Great tips.
By the way, won't the plant be stressed if I clip a cola off before harvest?
And the flavor isn't it different after having flushed. I suspected that it would be a little harsh before the flush?

That will have to be your call and something you will have to learn from experience. Every strain is different in its own way. Personally I would let it go until no new pistils are growing and they should be at least 80% turned. But you have to check the trichomes along the way as this is the main factor in when you will want to harvest. My last papaya harvest i chopped a little earlier with about 100% cloudy and very few amber. It was a very good head high but it didnt show the strains potential as indicas are know for that couch lock high that is accompished with amber trichs. Perfect for me because i wanted a harvest with something I could smoke and go in public if needed. I like to give the strains all the time they need to finish because this is when the strains potential comes out and you will have some dank bud. My grow i just harvested was a 8 week strain and i believe it was 10 weeks on actual chop time. Chop a smaller cola and let it hang for 3 days and should be just about dry enough to smoke from a bowl. This is how I test different stages and see what I like.... or at least get an idea when growing new genetics.

Sounds good my friend. Great tips.
By the way, won't the plant be stressed if I clip a cola off before harvest?
And the flavor isn't it different after having flushed. I suspected that it would be a little harsh before the flush?

Update day 56 flowering

here they blow.
some pics

shark Widow
i got a eye on this baby, couple more days until harvest
2015-02-27_03_04_48.jpg
2015-02-27_03_05_26.jpg

Super Skunk
2015-02-27_02_59_07.jpg
2015-02-27_03_00_26.jpg
2015-02-27_03_04_07.jpg

White Widow
2015-02-27_03_01_28.jpg
2015-02-27_03_01_37.jpg
2015-02-27_03_02_01.jpg

Sorry i have been away. It never messed with my plants. I always cut smaller colas off and let them sit out and try them after about 3 days. You will be surprised that they are usually not harsh and have a great flavor. Of course after a month cure the smoke and taste will be smoother.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom