pics n questions

Mrmetfan

I have two plants going. In soil. Using fox farm notes. 400 watt hids . So I'm wondering should this plant ( auto chemdog ) an auto flower by auto seeds have any crystals? . I can't see any and according to the info on it, its done in 30 more days. I'll let it go longer of course if I can. Do autos start to die when that suggested time is up? WHERES THE CRYSTALS
20140307_192358.jpg
20140307_192349.jpg

Now this next one ( no crystals either) has another problem. The other plant at one time a little over a week ago was showing signs of nute burn. So I flushed it. This plant wasn't showing burn signs, however since I was giving her the same feed I assume flush her as well. So now its starting to yellow/ lime green on the lower leaves. Is this a nitrogen deficiency ? Im not sure how to correct the situation. Any suggestions?
Thanks 420
20140307_192420.jpg
20140307_192408.jpg

yea looks like nitrogen deficiency you said your using fox farm nutes?
your into flower tho and with only about 4 weeks left I wouldn't worry so much about the n more of the p and k
depends on the strain and phenol how much trichomes youll see on it still looks a bit early itll come
and check trichomes for time to harvest don't depend strictly on how many days

All fertilizer packages list three numbers that identify the N-P-K ratio. They usually appear as three numbers with dashes between them such as 25-10-10. The first number represents Nitrogen (N), which is responsible for foliage or leaf development. Fertilizers that promote heavy leaf growth have a higher first number than the other two. The second number is Phosphorus (P), which is important for strong stems and flowering. The third number is Potassium (K), which promotes healthy metabolic function.

Looks like the possibility of being overwatered?
Can you see her roots at the drainage openings metfan?
Healthy and white?

Just checked. I can't see the roots in the drain openings. The pot is still heavy and soaked because I did a flush 6 days ago. Seems like its never going to dry

Are you ok with flipping it over and tugging off the pot?
You may be suffering from improper drainage...
Sniff that rootball !

Yea I'll check it out. I just left for work though. I'll do it when I get home. I got good soil from the hydro store. Its called happy frog. Fox farms makes ot

You should start to see some trichome's soon. But i doubt you will see much on the leaves since your running a HID. HID's are great for the Veg cycle but no so much for flower. You really want to run a HPS light or LED for flower.

I never knew this. Thanks

ColoradoHigh is absolutely correct. Thanks CH.

Sorry had a brain fart there. Should have said MH instead of HID. Looking at the lighting in your picture though it does look like your lighting is MH. Unless you used a flash on the camera and that is what i was seeing. Taking flash photos during the flower cycle can cause hermies so i don't recommend it.

Is your HID MH or HPS ?

I have both. The reason I didn't switch to mh yet is because I have 4 other plants on there that are just a week old. If u were me would u switch to hps now or wait a little longer for young ones to grow up. There all auto flowering.

Hey Mrmetfan! I'm getting ready to do my first auto grow. During the veg stage I plan on running mine fairly dry with basically a wet to dry watering cycle. I do this with all of my plants. I am a commercial produce farmer and in my greenhouses I have found it is very beneficial to allow a fairly dramatic drying of the rootball between waterings. This encourages root and rootlet growth as the plant feels the need to search it's surrounding soil for water. So on your younger plants I would suggest that.
Next, don't over feed on plants my understanding on Happy Frog and Ocean forrest soils they are both fairly nutrient rich. I will be using both in my grow but I will be mixing Promix with it to lighten it up so that the soils is more airy. Doing this will allow the roots to penetrate easier. From what I have read Autoflowers need to have unrestricted root development especially early on for maximum yield. This is iimportant for all plants but especially when it comes to auto flowering plants. I plan on not really feeding my plants at all until preflowers begin to show. I will simply be watering with Superthrive. There should be plenty to keep them occupied with in the soil mix untill then. A plant is only going to take and utilize what they can use. Everything else is just a waste of money. Trust me as a commercial grower my goal for my wallet , as well as, for the environment is to geive them just what they need the rest will eventually end up in our water ways.

Don't worry about trichome development it will come with time. Even bag seed if given the right environmental conditions and if it is prevented from seeding will develope decent trichs eventually.

I can also suggest that those plants might do well with a watering of club soda. Don't laugh, the shot of oxygen it will give along with minerals will often green up an over watered yellowing plant. Just buy a bottle of club soda and wait until the soils dries out and the plant is ready for watering. Then water with club soda. It works.

Best of luck!

I have both. The reason I didn't switch to mh yet is because I have 4 other plants on there that are just a week old. If u were me would u switch to hps now or wait a little longer for young ones to grow up. There all auto flowering.

Well it is really up to you. You will get better buds with the HPS. If it was me i would switch to HPS and then add a few 23watt 6500k cfl's to the vegging plants. The will give them more of the blue specturm they like while in veg.

Well it is really up to you. You will get better buds with the HPS. If it was me i would switch to HPS and then add a few 23watt 6500k cfl's to the vegging plants. The will give them more of the blue specturm they like while in veg.

Thanks for advice. I hung 2 cfl in the tent and switched hid to sodium. Man the tent is so bright now. I hope this keeps all my lady's happy. Is it normal to open tent 3 or 4 times a day or do I have issues Lol.I noticed the strangest thing. I have a one week old who looks nute burned but she's in professional mix. Which has no ferts or nutes in it. I hope she comes around

Back
Top Bottom