Pink & purple & yellowing leaves

I know it's very disheartening but often males grow more vigorous in veg :(. Glad someone could second my opinion. I'm still a beginner in many ways myself, but yes 60 is too cold 68 should be the coolest for veg imo

What about flower how cold can it get for flower at night

What about flower how cold can it get for flower at night
63 to 78 again personal pref. For coloration and tric production you can let it get down neasr 60 but I wouldn't suggest any lower unless it's an exotic northern strain and the breeder specifically suggested it :)

63 to 78 again personal pref. For coloration and tric production you can let it get down neasr 60 but I wouldn't suggest any lower unless it's an exotic northern strain and the breeder specifically suggested it :)

I think when my lights turn off I'm gunna pull her inside my house where it's around those temps thanks again dabber! .

As a general rule you should try to keep lights out temps max 8-10 degrees (celcius) below the lights on temps.

If you don't, the plants will stretch more. You will get longer distance between nodes and in indoor setups it's usually a good idea to keep the plants as short and even as possible as the bottom growth will never get enough light to create fat, dense buds

Then to your question - is 50 degrees too low? It won't kill the plants but it will most likely stunt growth. It's a little bit too cold for the plants to thrive. I would say minimum 65 degrees. That will keep the plants within the +/- 10 degrees (celcius) difference between day and night. If you can get it higher at night, go for it. I try to always keep it above 72 degrees, but it's hard in the winter. But I never allow it to get below 65

Is 60 degrees too cold at night you think? Because sometimes it will get to 57 degrees in here at night because I'm growing in a shed outside I'm not sure if it's affecting it but it's been a week and my plant looks fine

Looking at that little pot and rapidly growing plant, I'm willing to bet its tap root has already hit the bottom of the pot and is circling. It's time to up-pot soon if you don't want that to start limiting its growth.
420-magazine-mobile1098499351.jpg

Based on what my eyes are seeing, I believe the plant will be fine in that container, but up-potting will give you better yields.

There's an old rule about pot size and yield. This is not exact science, my last run yielded better than one would expect based on the pot sizes I used, but I am experienced. When you are a beginner and grow in soil, as a rule of thumb you can expect:

1 gallon (3,7 liter) container = half ounce (15 g) yield
2 gallon (7,5 liter) container = 1 ounce (28 g) yield
5 gallon (18 liter) container = 2.5 ounce (70 g) yield
7 gallon (26 liter) container = 4 ounce (113 g) yield
10 gallon (37 liter) container = 5-6 ounce (140-170 g) yield
20 gallon (75 liter) container = 10+ ounce (283 g+) yield
100 gallon (378 liter ) container = 50 ounce (1.4 kg)

That is if the plant is receiving an optimal amount of light.

420-magazine-mobile355667458.jpg

Should I trim some of these leaves?
I personally wouldn't. Let the top take some more and you will notice which leaves are worth keeping. Still may be a little early to tell fully. And I also keep older leaves because if there is a deficiency it will bug them first and not the upper more robust growth. I would recommend a light defol 1 week before flower and again a few weeks into flower. In veg the plant is always growing new leaves so defol is no biggie the plant will respond however necessary. Your top is a perfect example your pruning your plant from the top to encourage new growth below the pruning. I would say in another 5 to 7 days if you are inclined you certianly can strip away the lower slower growth

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom