Plant analysis please? leaves clamming up!

SauronBlue

Before I post any updates or responses, I am starting to get worried about #3, that I just transplanted. So, it's been 2 days since I moved her to a pot, and she's been steadily closing in and up on herself, and at the same time there is brown creeping into her bottom leaves from the tips inward. The smaller, newer growth still looks as green as ever, and even seem to be trying to spread out as they normally would, but their position is being affected by the movement of the larger leaves. I've been watering her with the same water as the other 2 hempy pots, which is also the same water she was getting before her move(it is nuted, but once again, this is the same water she was thriving on, so nuteburn? don't think so). I tested the water, just to be sure, and it was 6-6.5Ph. My humidity has been steady at between 37-39rh throughout, and temps have been between 70-85f. I'm thinking that this is caused by putting too much rooting gel on her when transplanting, because I did really slop it on when I prepared her for the move. This has been my feeling from the beginning when I saw the first deformation, so I watered her a little more than the others(she also needed to build a res, though) and gave her an extra watering this morning, in an attempt to rinse the crap off of her roots. I'm gonna let her dry out a bit, to make sure I'm not drowning her, but any info would be greatly appreciated, as I'd hate to lose her just as she was getting so lush!
First is the root structure, then plant at the time of transplant, then 2 of this morning, and lastly 12 hours after the morning pics.
2011-11-06_09_05_071.jpg

2011-11-06_09_19_46.jpg

2011-11-07_07_38_11.jpg

2011-11-07_07_38_27.jpg

2011-11-07_17_59_18.jpg

Please help! As of this morning it is continuing to go brown and vertical. There is just one leaf that is sticking straight out horizontally. The pic here shows this morning @ 7am. All of these plants get the same light, and the plant in question was in the same environment as the rest, the only change has been the bigger pot and the rooting gel I added(possibly in excess). Please advise, as I am unsure whether to uproot and attempt to remove some of the gel, water more to rinse it off, or just let it be. The change from the first picture(where she is healthy and growing well) to now(Tuesday 7am, browning and strange contortion-ism) has all happened since Sunday morning at 9am, when I replanted her.
IMG_20111108_064915.jpg

This girl is about 10 days from germination. I'm watering with RO water and the seedling schedule for BPN 2-part nutes, plus B-52, and a couple other additives - can't be sure till I get home in a few hours. The important thing is, She was excelling with the same water until the transplant, and the other plants are getting the same water from the same bottle, and have none of the same symptoms. You can see what she looked like on the morning of the change. The pic of her roots was taken when transplanting her, and the pic of her looking healthy was immediately after going into her new pot. You can check my journal for more details on the whole grow, but the only changes in her routine were the new home and covering her roots with rootech rooting gel.
Thanks for at least popping in, man. I'm hoping I go home to a rebounding girl, but if not, I need all the advice I can get!!

when using r/o water you need to supliment cal/mag as reverse osmossis takes this out of tap water, seedling shouldnt really need nute until about 2 weeks also plenty of food in the soil and stored in the seed for the first few weeks but thats just my opinion i would flush with tap water and let them be for a few days

:peace:

#3 looks like nute burn, the soil is a little hot.
no nutes until she gets a bit more leggy then overwater the shit out of them and then let it dry out. she is just sensative. so give her some time.

I got home to an even more miserable plant. i started flushing her with water to rinse the roots, then decided to go balls-out, and uproot her. Since the plug she was in is more solid than the coco mix she got added to, it's not that hard to pull her out, but if her roots have spread, i'll tear them doing that, so I've been hesitant. When I got her out, I could plainly see that the roots had not spread, but shriveled. Where there were once strong, white roots, there are now tiny shriveled brown threads. I'm not sure if it will help her more to get wet or dry out, so I'm gonna do both. First I have her in a small bowl of water, that I'll get bubbly every 30min for the next 2hrs or so, then I'm gonna put her back into the bigger pot(and not water the pot) and let her roots try to breathe. The fact that the plug is out, means the coco around where her roots will be is air-drying right now. So, I guess rooting hormone is meant only on clones where you want to GROW roots, not cover the roots in this to make more, stronger roots, correct? Hopefully she'll be back to life tomorrow night. Any other suggestions are still more than welcome!

Frank: Thanks for jumping in here, but as I said earlier, I don't think it's nute burn because this is the same water that she was loving before the move. The same BOTTLE of water, not just the same dosage. Not to mention, all the other plants are thriving with the same water as well. What do yu mean by the soil being hot?

The pics here show the roots now, then how they looked less than three days ago before putting rooting hormone on them. Then, I have the dish I'm trying to re-hydrate her roots in(if they've been deprived by the gel), and the hole she came out of.
2011-11-08_17_59_17.jpg

2011-11-08_18_00_47.jpg

2011-11-08_18_02_04.jpg

Im not sure, and I hope somebody corrects me if I'm wrong, but I think alot of the rooting gel's part is to add when cloning, when you want the end of that sprout to be softer plant material and root out from that point. The roots at transplant looked very nice, and from there your definately looking to get stronger. Give it some time with what you got going and see what happens, it may clean right up. Again, this is just a thought and if somebody does have the right answer for you, I would love to learn as well. Good Luck!

I think root rot would make perfect sense, since I guess they were essentially water-logged while the gel was covering them. Glad I forgot to do this on the first 4 that I transplanted. I was actually pissed that I hadn't used it on the roots! Live and learn. I think she is on the road to recovery, as I saw the roots peeking out again in new places, so that mirrors the new-leaf growth in telling me that she's still fighting to live. While there have been no new growths, the inner leaves are staying green and firm. :)
2011-11-08_20_37_33.jpg

I agree, too much watering. once you get roots you have to cut back the watering. the others are showing begining signs too. at this point they should be real green and leaves pointing upwards. let them dry a bit and make sure you have good air flow to the roots.

I agree, too much watering. once you get roots you have to cut back the watering. the others are showing begining signs too. at this point they should be real green and leaves pointing upwards. let them dry a bit and make sure you have good air flow to the roots.

I think I'm misreading your statement here, are you saying that seedlings should get less water upon roots appearing? I think you're speaking of clones, but this plant was grown from seed, and I think that's how I messed up, by covering her roots with rooting gel. I'm still confident that she will make it, after thoroughly rinsing off any gel that was left(while getting them water) followed by letting her dry out. We'll see this afternoon, when I get home. The leaves are starting to relax into a lower position, but still very damaged as of this morning.
IMG_20111108_0649151.jpg

That brown rooting is o2def, which can be caused by N toxicity.
I occasionally have seen this with one plant and usually pull it, then take another clone and it will thrive in the soil. Sensitivity is not a desired trait for me.

WW does this shit all the time. I say that maybe 2/3 times the plant is sensitive. Then the King Kush will prevail int he soil without a care.

Back
Top Bottom