Plant curling

The pot does still have some more weight to it I have the same pot with a plant that is a cactus and this one is heavier the plant isn’t can’t belive it’s standing light it’s just a lot lighter then when I lifted it yesterday

ok then... that is as I suspected. For tonight, give the top spreader roots a little drink. Pour no more than 1 cup in there and spread it out over the top as best and as slowly as you can.
Continue to wait for that water at the bottom to get used up by the almost shut down lower roots. Until the top of the water table down there is able to pull oxygen down into those roots, they are going to remain shut down. I suspect that by about this time tomorrow you are going to see a sudden lifting of the leaves, as if all was cured...
and still you will be instructed to wait.
Before you water again I want to see a real bonafied wilt, that starts at the bottom and slowly works up to the top. When you can see the bottom fan leaves beginning to wilt, while the rest of the plant is raising up... that right there, is the time to water properly.

image.jpg
image.jpg

give her another day and if she still hasn't improved, put one more cup up top just to keep her awake. Do that about every 2 days. Don't get excited and give more than this, or it will simply fall to the bottom and add to the lake down there. If you were inclined to put her in a larger container, now would be the time... that would help those lower roots dry out too, at least get out of the water table. That usually is advice given when someone gets into this situation with locked up roots, but you are already in a large container and that might not be an option for you. If so, keep waiting... I don't see any signs she is dying... just stagnated.

Back
Top Bottom