Plant curling

Saylorr057

Hello I have been growing for some time, I have never had a plant curl down like this, in the past I’ve had some temporary due it but this plant keeps staying curled any help would be appreciated. Grown under leds in a grow tent using Ro water and nectar for the gods nutrients half strength
E6166FB8-8AE1-48CC-ACF3-961A319E5B88.jpeg

chris beat me.

like a rented mule.
wonder if @Emilya could have a peek here. anything soil and watering i defer to her.

Ok thanks I must be over watering it everytime. I am a hydro grower but lost my house to a house fire and just got it rebuilt so went with soil for now
Hello I have been growing for some time, I have never had a plant curl down like this, in the past I’ve had some temporary due it but this plant keeps staying curled any help would be appreciated. Grown under leds in a grow tent using Ro water and nectar for the gods nutrients half strength
E6166FB8-8AE1-48CC-ACF3-961A319E5B88.jpeg

Ok thanks I must be over watering it everytime. I am a hydro grower but lost my house to a house fire and just got it rebuilt so went with soil for now
ah.... I can help.
over watering every time... that would be hard to do. What you appear to be doing is watering too often.
It is very important to let these plants dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings. The lift the pot method is the best way to determine when this happens, and if you lift up the container and can feel ANY water weight at all, it is not time to water. If you water before this time, you simply add to the pool of water sitting in the bottom of the container and eventually the roots down there trying to survive the never ending flood begin to protect themselves, and they cut off a lot of the uptake. This is where you are at right now, with the plant unable to develop enough water pressure in the trunk to be able to hold up all the leaves. The leaves are all puffy, trying to throw off as much water as they can... but you keep adding to the water.
When you do eventually water, water with gusto. Think of the soil as a sponge that you are trying to fill up, and see just how much water you can get suspended in that soil. As I said above, you can not over water by giving too much water at this point, any extra simply runs out of the bottom as runoff.
I wrote a popular article about this several years ago... you should read it. The link is down below. The concepts of a wet/dry cycle that I introduced in there about a decade ago have changed the way many successful growers now treat their plants and I hope that you have a light bulb moment when you read it and realize what is wrong with your plants. Good luck! :peace: :love:

Great information! Thank you very much, with hydro I never had to worry about watering to often.

ah.... I can help.
over watering every time... that would be hard to do. What you appear to be doing is watering too often.
It is very important to let these plants dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings. The lift the pot method is the best way to determine when this happens, and if you lift up the container and can feel ANY water weight at all, it is not time to water. If you water before this time, you simply add to the pool of water sitting in the bottom of the container and eventually the roots down there trying to survive the never ending flood begin to protect themselves, and they cut off a lot of the uptake. This is where you are at right now, with the plant unable to develop enough water pressure in the trunk to be able to hold up all the leaves. The leaves are all puffy, trying to throw off as much water as they can... but you keep adding to the water.
When you do eventually water, water with gusto. Think of the soil as a sponge that you are trying to fill up, and see just how much water you can get suspended in that soil. As I said above, you can not over water by giving too much water at this point, any extra simply runs out of the bottom as runoff.
I wrote a popular article about this several years ago... you should read it. The link is down below. The concepts of a wet/dry cycle that I introduced in there about a decade ago have changed the way many successful growers now treat their plants and I hope that you have a light bulb moment when you read it and realize what is wrong with your plants. Good luck! :peace: :love:

ah.... I can help.
Nailed it

If you have a well-draining soil mix, its tough to over water unless its cold and humid, i water my plants when they are dry half inch down in 10g pots on hot days during the season, otherwise cold/humid weather, only water half the regular as they dont use it as fast, keep that in mind, if you dont get a decent amount of runoff, then its not dried out enough as far as im concerned

Back
Top Bottom