Plant with brown-ish tips: What deficiency?

Hi Donpaul.p .... i'm astounded.... thanks for the interest... I don't know if I'll have time to reply today due to work stuff, and tomorrow I'm going to Barcellona till Sunday. I can say that by the looks of it, the plant is in flower and it's female. I didn't gave her anything for growing, just water. As soon as I can i'll let you know everything. Thanks!

cool, it will need some nutrients though as it will be taking in a lot now its a bit bigger, but id try one of our sponsors for a nutrient designed for these plants as off the shelf products can be way to high in nutrient levels so can and will cause problems if not used in very small doses, trust me i know i been their, i used off the shelf fruit and veg feed and used it at half the stated dose and it fried one of my plants, so if you have to use something designed for fruit and veg then start at less than 1/4 stated dose, the dose mine said was 22ml per gallon so i went with 10ml per gallon and it was way to much, i should of used around 2ml per gallon to start with then if the plant responded well then up it to 3ml or 4ml per gallon and go up like that until you see signs of the plant having to much or just keep at a low dose and wait till the plant shows you it needs more

Hello everyone!! That's what my plant looks today, after about 40 days in flowering state.

What do you think? I gave her some fertilizer 5-8-5, but not much, and I read that the color of the leaves should become like this in the flowering stage for some element deficiency, and that's ok... Now I don't know wht to do...

Is time to harvest? Or should I wait some more?
I read something about the time when you cut influence the type of result you get, i mean one that make you high or one that make you stoned... is it true?

Hi mate, plants looking great well done, it does look like some very slight nute burn on the tips of leaves but nothing major, so you have done well to get this far,

now how to tell its ready for harvest, well the best option is to get a good magnifying glass or jewelers loop or something similar, what you need to do is check the sugar leaves or the leaves sticking out of the buds, you looking for the trichomes, these are the mushroom looking crystals that are all over the buds and bud leaves,
thc is at its highest when the trich are around 100% cloudy, so the plant is ready to harvest at around 100% cloudy,
how ever if you want more of a couch lock affect so a stronger stone then let the cloudy trichomes turn amber, they go from clear to cloudy when thc is at its peak, after they go cloudy they start to turm amber and look a bit wilted, this is when the thc is turning into cbn as the trich degrades, i like to harvest around 20 to 40% amber and the rest of the plant is usually cloudy,

how ever some indica strains dont turn amber they just stay cloudy, but an indica thats 100% cloudy should have a decent couch lock affect anyway so you are fine to harvest at 100% cloudy, i like to leave mine a week or 2 longer and i keep checking the trichomes and didnt parts of the plant until i can see around 20% amber and 80%ish cloudy, not all will be cloudy some will still be clear.

if the trichs look like ice which is nice and clear then the plant is not done,
if they look cloudy the plant is done
if you want couch lock then let them turn amber,

if you have not flushed the plant then dont feed anymore nutrients if the trichs look cloudy, then just feed plain water for the last week or 2,

years ago we used to go by how the hairs looked on the buds, the pistils are white when the plant is not ready but when the pistils or white hairs turn brown and shrivel onto the bud then the plant is usually ready to harvets when this happens.

now looking at your plant it looks like the white hairs have turned brown and shrivled but its hard to tell by the pics, it also looks like the trichs may be cloudy due to the colour of the crystals in the pic but again hard to tell without having the plant in front of us, so get a magnyfying glass or some other scope and have a good look at the trichs,

if you have not flushed and you was using none organic nutrients then give it a few days with just plain water so it uses up the nutrients giving you a much cleaner smoke,

most growers flush their plants 14 days or more before harvest so the soil has no nutrients in it and the plant then is really clean at harvest,

i dont flush but i do use organic nutrients, their are growers that dont flush though so thats really up to you on that one, you can flush if you like then harvest 7 to 10 days later, or if you have not given nutrients in the last 10 days then dont give anymore and check the trichs and see if the plant is ready to come down,

any problems try and post a close up pic of the buds and we can have a better look,

but well done for getting this far it looks like you got some very nice bud on that plant,

give us a shout if your unsure,

Hi again Demandred. I think Donpaul provided some great info in response to your question, but wanted to add my sincere congratulations on getting the plant to this stage. Your very close to enjoying the fruits of your labor of love! :goodjob::thumb::bravo::welldone:

Wow, that's an answer!! So, I tried what you said with a magnifying glass but I can't see clearly the trichomes, it's not strong enough. I can say that le pistils have ALL turned brown, but I can't say since when, because I didn't have time to check on her in the last 7/10 days... After your answer I did a research about the time window from cerebral high to body high. I wanted the cerebral high (don't want to sit on a couch not being able to move!!), so as I understand, the early stage...

I read that when all pistils have turned brown the TCH peak has already passed, so I think I'm late.... :°(
Tomorrow I'll go to a store to buy a magnifyng glass, on ebay they sell them at 5 euros, it's an affordable expense ^_^ Let's hope!!

I have a 6x magnifying glass, with that it seems that all the tric are glass-like, don't know if is possible to see the amber color from that distance...

the trichs usually turn brown after all the pistils have died off, so if your not looking for a couch lock affect then harvest when ever you like, the plant is ready when it looks ready to you, if your happy with it then harvest it, if the seed pods are swollen and the plant has stopped putting on weight then you should be ok to harvest, to be honest id say it looks ok to harvest to me but its always hard to tell by the pics

most indicas are going to give you a couch lock affect at 100% cloudy anyway, it just gives you slightly more when they turn amber but the difference really isnt that much to worry about, if you want a nice daytime smoke that dont give you a couch lock affect then try a sativa strain like jack flash, if you want a heavy couch lock affect then go with most indicas or if you want to be blown away go with some cheese like big buddha cheese or exodus cheese or pick one of the many skunk strains,

but most indicas will be pretty potent even before the trichs are cloudy, so harvest when your happy to harvest, after all its your plant and if your happy then its ready, im sure you will be chuffed with the results, plus it frees up the space if you want to grow another plant,

if you do plant on growing another plant then a good place to shop is herbie head shop, you can buy just 1 seed and you will get 3 seeds for free, just go to herbies head shop then scroll down the right hand side of screen and click on pick n mix, then when that screen loads up use the left hand options and choose the price your looking for like 0 to 20 or choose sativa or indica then hit search, a long list will come up and in price order from low to high, plus 1 of the free seeds will be fem and 2 will be regular,

their are also other sponsors who sell seeds so you could check them out as well but i shop at herbies so can only comment on the products he does and the offer he does,

Back
Top Bottom