Plant with brown-ish tips: What deficiency?

demandred

Hi, i'm a newby, I searched the forum for information about my problem but I didn't find anything similar to my disease... At least, my plant is in an early stage and the leaves are too small for me to see exactly what is going on and because of my lack of experience I don't recognize the symptoms from other pictures in similar threads, where the plants are full grown and the symptoms enhanced.

My plant has a week of life, (I decided to try my first grow not too long ago, and by the time I had the seeds, it was end of july. Hope i'll still be able to have a harvest), i planted in a little pot , and i'm growing outdoor, moving the vase as the sun moves. I'm using a 5-6-5 fertilizer and i'm giving it to her every day in a small amount...

Here's the picture I've taken

I'm Italian, hope I didn't write anything absurd ^_^
Thank you for your help!

:welcome: to :420:

It could be too much Nutrients. Most seedlings dont need any nutes until they ar 2 weeks old or older! I would stop with the nutes and give plain water for a week. Also dont over water. A plant that size should be watered about once a week . :)

Hi demandred, or should I say ciao!

Spimps provided good advice, but just wanted to take a moment and welcome you to 420 Magazine and community of members! I hope you find the sight beneficial and I know you will find the members welcoming, generous with their time and experience, and sincerely helpful.

Be well and Happy Growing!

A piu tardi

I'm using a 5-6-5 fertilizer and i'm giving it to her every day in a small amount...

Yep, that might be it.

Or the big piece of rotten wood that she's tied to.

Free the Weed!

Down with 5-6-5!

And what TanR said :welcome:

My advice is....Start a grow Journal :xmas:

Wow thanks to all of you (grazie a tutti!)!! I was replying to Spimp and didn't see your answers till i submitted ^_^

Thanks for the welcome!

I Think I'll remove the wood :(

NO. No more water for at least 4 days. Overwatering kills MJ. Underwatering can be fixed in 20 mins. Once she gets some more leaves, like 10x more, then you can consider a flush. Just let it run its course for a 5days to a week and we can see were yu are at.

You are as italian as google translate ahahahah

Is that not Italian enough for an Internet forum?

Actually, i'm Spanish.

"olé."

See, I even have a spanish keyborado.

Tutti Plusreps 4U senior :xmas:

About transplanting, I'm worried I'd do some damage to the roots...

Treat her like a nice italian girl and she'll be fine.

Just be gentle. Use your hands,

dig down under the soil and scoop her up.

:xmas:

transplanting may cause more problems as you may now have root damage, id of let the soil dry out a few days and see how it looks, the true leaves looked puffy to me which is a clear sign thats its been over watered,

these plants need oxygen at the roots, so the pot needs to dry out between waterings, poke your fingers down into the growing medium and if soil sticks to your fingers and is moist then dont water, at this age they need very little water as their using very little,

so now you have transplanted let the pot dry out, also the comment above about not needed nutrients is spot on, in soil they can go 2 weeks in a small pot then 3 or 4 weeks in a bigger pot depending on soil type, ive even known growers that have got away with no nutrients at all for the whole grow, so the soil will keep the plant going easily for 2 to 3 weeks in a small to medium sized pot,

let us know how it looks in a few days,

welcome to the site my friend, you have got great advice all ready so im sure the problem is pretty much sorted,

why not get a grow journal set up so we can follow the whole grow from start to finish,

ok, those leaves didn't get better, but the plant is still growing, it put out new leaves and it seems they are growing fast and without problems. Here's a picture

I didn't tell you but I have another plant that's growing strong but less quickly than the one with the leaves damage.

I didn't give them water since the transplanting (three day ago - 5 august)

its best to water after you transplant so the mediums can sit together better, but plants certainly look like their doing better,

the slight yellowing at the tip of the leaf is a sign the nutes are to high, but if that dont get worse then as the plants get bigger it will sort itself out.

but certainly look like their doing ok now, if the grow medium is dry a couple of inches down then give them a watering and let it go a few days before you next water, they wont use much at this stage so big pots will hold plenty of water, but looks good to me,

Hi guys, i'm posting some new photos to let you see how's it going! I almost gave up on the one discussed in this thread because it stopped growing, so i'm posting photos about my other plant, that's doing much better

I also wanted to ask you a question about the period of growth:
I bought the seeds from sensiseeds.com , skunk #1 feminized automatic... it says "Short flowering period (40 - 55 days)"

The seed germinated on july 25, how much time does it takes to enter flowering stage? and how much time since then before harvert time?

Thank you guys!

Ciao demandred,

Your plant is looking good. Sorry to hear the other one isn't doing so well. Sorry I can't help with your question but I have no experience with Auto's. Did want to swing by though, say hello and wish you well!

Happy Growing!

:welcome: I feel it is VERY important to grow AT LEAST 4-5 plants when starting with seeds, you have a good chance of one of them being a female. Nothing worse than having 3 healthy plants from 3 seeds and getting 3 boys.

Creo que es muy importante para crecer por lo menos 4-5 plantas cuando se parte de las semillas, usted tiene una buena ocasión de uno de ellos es una hembra. No hay nada peor que tener 3 plantas sanas de 3 semillas y conseguir 3 chicos.

you have a good chance of one of them being a female.

Thank you Trichomes, I bought the seeds from a bank, I think they are pretty safe to be female... or so I hope...

I started with three seeds, I put the first plant in the garden, ad it has been completely eaten by insects -.- .... the second was the strongest at first, but showed the problem explained in my first post and stopped growing. Now that I've cut the ill leaves it seems it's doing a little better. Finally there's the last one the smallest, the tiniest, the one I woudn't bet anything on... is a wonder! It grew fast, and yesterday I noticed that it's developing the top, so I think it's already flowering.

Hi mate,

with autos you dont need to flip them to 12-12 to flower, autos will flower under any light schedule, ive grown autos under 24-0 or constant light from seed to harvest and they still flower, so you can use any schedule or outdoors or light from a window,

now with autos their bred for a quick harvest so yields can be small, anything from an 8th up to 2oz depending on how long it stays in veg for, you cant make it stay in veg longer but im working on something at the moment that may change the way we think about autos but till ive done more testing i cant really say to much as i dont want to put ideas out their that are not 100% correct,

anyways, autos can start flowering anywhere from week 2 and up to week 6.

ive had autos that flower very quick and produce very little, then ive had autos under a certain light schedule that yielded me 2oz per auto, the big bang auto is suppose to yield 4oz per plant and has been grown with this yield a few times on this site,

so with your auto its hard to tell, i wouldnt go by the breeders info as its very rarely right with autos, it can be a week or more out, ive had autos that are 3 weeks late compared with the breeders growing time, so take it with a pinch of salt,

all you can do is keep it growing and as its auto it will flower when its ready to flower, the light schedule wont make any difference, when its mature enough to start flowering then it will start flower and reach harvest with no change in light schedules.

so what plants you got left growing then now and which one did you take all the leaves off, you want to do as little as possible with autos, no trimming or high stress training, some basic lst can increase growth slightly but only if the plant is going to stay in veg long enough to benefit,

so let us know what you still got growing,

the pic above clearly shows the auto is in flower by the looks of it, do you see loads of white hairs at the tip of the plant if so then its well in flower, so check the plant in the pic and see if you can see lots of white hairs at the tip of the plant and at the nodes, the white hairs are pistils, if you see these then its female and in flower,

if its just showing 1 or 2 pistils per bud site then its just showing sex and will keep on growing, but if the tip of the plant is showing lots of white pistils and theirs lots at the branches below then this means the plant is now flowering and wont be getting much bigger, if this is the case then you will be looking at around an 8th to 1/4oz depending on how long left it has to grow,

the problem with autos is their bred for a very quick harvest, if you check the breeders info the yield estimate is based on a meter sq or sog style grow, which basically means many plants in 1 square meter, so the quick grow time and low yields dont matter if your growing 100 plants, as even if you only got 10g dry per plant and times that by 100 then that gives you 1000g of dry bud every 50 to 60 days, which is pretty damn good, so thats why a lot of autos are low yields as breeders have bread them to grow and reach harvest very quick,

luckily breeders are now noticing that growers want autos that yield well, european growers have been buying autos like crazy and they want bigger yields, so over the next year their will be many auto strains coming out that yield well, ive been pretty gutted when my autos give me just an 8th back but if i had 100 growing and got 3.5g dry then again thats 350g of bud every 60 days, which is good if you got money to buy that many seeds,

so if you are going to stick with autos then pick a strain like big bang auto, kc45 auto is not to bad and its very cheap as well, the best place to get seeds from is herbies head shop, when you go on his site look down right hand side and choose pick n mix, then when that loads up that lists single seeds, you can pick autos and choose the price range etc etc, but their are hundreds and hundreds of strains to choose from,

so let us know how your getting on and if the plant is actually in flower, also let us know what plants you got left growing and if their auto or not,

also what are you feeding the plants, have you fed them anything yet as you will need a flower based feed for the flower stage but it depends on pot size as the plant is not that big so you may not need to much added as it wont be using up all the nutrients

Back
Top Bottom