Plants growing slow - New leaves turning yellow and wrinkly

kyrian

420 Member
Hi guys

I'm new here and this is my first time growing weed and my first post here.

First of all I have 5 plants(all of them are 2 months old) and they're all from different strains, I have 1 peruvian strain, 1 colombia gold, 1 caribean strain and the other ones I got from a friend of mine who took it from a chunk of weed.

I read the forum and solved many problems with all the help and info you guys provide here. I'm posting some pics here and hope you can help me with some questions.

Do you guys have any idea why the new leaves are growing yellow and wrinly like that?

Is defoliation a good thing to do so that those leaves in the middle of the plant grow longer? Is it better just to leave them grow upwards without training them? I've topped one of them and fimmed another one but I don't know if I should do the same with the others.

Should I worry about their growing speed? Are they too thin/small/weak? Could this be a root problem?

I'm growing them under a 600w HPS light and a normal fan.
I water them every 3-4 days when the soil turns dry on the top. I also add a 30-10-10 nutrient every week
Soil is a mixture of vermiculite, perlite, worm casting and organic soil.

Thank you for the help!

WhatsApp_Image_2017-02-20_at_09_00_36_4_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-02-20_at_09_00_36_3_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-02-20_at_09_00_36_2_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-02-20_at_09_00_36_1_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-02-20_at_09_00_36.jpeg

Hey man first off don't ever use that 30-10-10 again throw that shit out asap!!!you said your in organic soil with amendments so lemme show you some organic nutrients
420-magazine-mobile1246814703.jpg
notice the npk 0.04-0.02-0.2 and your putting 30-10-10
420-magazine-mobile1833215253.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1911808750.jpg
so stopping the crazy nutes is the first thing I would suggest very strongly next is growing photoperiod plants you HAVE to top if not you'll just get a tall plant with one cola and very small harvest what you want are bushes full of colas and secondary flower sites so 3-4 nodes up top then 2-3 nodes up too again repeat as necessary secondary node toppings at the same intervals. Defoliation is a practice that is controversial but I'm a firm believer in using but only when the plant is so dense that light doesn't get to the inner workings of the plant. Lst is a great tool imho if done properly it'll more than double your yield if you've got more questions I'll be around keep up the grow brother it'll come together.
420-magazine-mobile365352390.jpg

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Thanks for the advice man!

This is really good info. I'll try to find similar products here in local shops. I'm not from USA I'm from Brazil so I can't buy exactly the same products.

Again, thank you very much

I'll also use LST (fim) the other plants now (I don't know why but I feel it's better than topping). Do you think it's ok to leave them 3-4 months on veg period? Cuz I want them to grow more nodes from now on before I put them on flowering period.

Just one more question: Is it true plants double their size when they are in the flowering period?

Thank you!

Plants growing slow / new leaves turning yellow and wrinkly

Fiming is not lst first off. Second when u fim it will stop vertical growth for a month or so fiming is controversial that way do you know what fim stands for? Fuck I Missed. It was brought about by accident a bad topping created the fim style. If you cut wrong you can kill the vertical growth I would suggest doing both topping and fimming of the same plant on different branches this way if you miss cut one the other will hopefully still live you can keep the plant in veg as long as you want a year if you want depending on how big you want the plant and how long your willing to wait to harvest just keep in mind you need 3 good months in flower to harvest regardless of veg time. Also the plants need different nutes for veg and flower. Look for general hydroponics nutes or botanicare or fox farms or scierra natural sciences those are all good brand nutes for refer and I don't know about doubling in size but definitely close to that so keep that in mind

That kinda looks like nitrogen toxicity. Classic over-feeding. Too much nitrogen in the soil. I would do a big flush and then no feeding her bites for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Fiming is not lst first off. Second when u fim it will stop vertical growth for a month or so fiming is controversial that way do you know what fim stands for? Fuck I Missed. It was brought about by accident a bad topping created the fim style. If you cut wrong you can kill the vertical growth I would suggest doing both topping and fimming of the same plant on different branches this way if you miss cut one the other will hopefully still live you can keep the plant in veg as long as you want a year if you want depending on how big you want the plant and how long your willing to wait to harvest just keep in mind you need 3 good months in flower to harvest regardless of veg time. Also the plants need different nutes for veg and flower. Look for general hydroponics nutes or botanicare or fox farms or scierra natural sciences those are all good brand nutes for refer and I don't know about doubling in size but definitely close to that so keep that in mind

Ohioboy can't stop!! https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/4_weeks5.JPG[/img]

Ohioboy can't stop!! https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/4_weeks5.JPG[/img]

Topped is completely different than fimming. Topping will slow the vertical growth of a plant 7-10 days fimming closer to 30 if you or anyone else would like in my journal (one of them) I show the cuts and the times in a side by side grow fimming one plant topping the other feel free to check and verify what im saying I promise I'm not here to make stuff up if I speak it it's because I've learned it and am Shari g my knowledge. Also I've detailed super cropping and lst first grow is pages 1-19 seconds 19-43 then 43- to current and lemme show you at day 40 of growth from germination here are 4 plants [IM G]https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile1921952932.jpg[/IMG] now that's topping and lst in its true form notice all the secondary's flipped up to colas and the extra light penetration I just show this to qualify myself to you. If I'm not worried about time or space and I'm running photoperiod plants then I fim if I'm on a time schedule and am growing in limited space than I'm topping and incorporating lst hope this helps

Ohioboy can't stop!! [URL="https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/ohioboy-fast-buds-lets-see-how-fast-exactly.274432/"]www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/274432-ohioboy-fast-buds-lets-see-how-fast-exactly.html[/url]

I'm not here to make stuff up either my friend. This plant sprouted 4.5 weeks ago and has been topped twice. According to you two toppings would delay growth by 20 days or so. Peace.

4_5_weeks.JPG

Hey man first off don't ever use that 30-10-10 again throw that shit out asap!!!you said your in organic soil with amendments so lemme show you some organic nutrients
so stopping the crazy nutes is the first thing I would suggest very strongly next is growing photoperiod plants you HAVE to top if not you'll just get a tall plant with one cola and very small harvest what you want are bushes full of colas and secondary flower sites so 3-4 nodes up top then 2-3 nodes up too again repeat as necessary secondary node toppings at the same intervals. Defoliation is a practice that is controversial but I'm a firm believer in using but only when the plant is so dense that light doesn't get to the inner workings of the plant. Lst is a great tool imho if done properly it'll more than double your yield if you've got more questions I'll be around keep up the grow brother it'll come together.

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fa

Hey where did you get the chart and appreciate it in advance

I don't mean to jump on your post but also having issues with my new grow everything going good then all of a sudden not pH 6.8 moisture is 8 to 8.9 on meter just watered yesterday only thing I have gave them is fish emotion a week ago starting to yellow and crinkle at the base of leaves waiting on Amazon for nutes and grow tent have a 45 watt led black magic on them now about 8 to 10 inches away light says 2inch but thought I might be burning them including pics any advice would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom