Strains:
Sour diesel and blue dream

soil

50% perlite 50% fox farms ocean forest

Ph runoff is 5.6-5.8

PH of water is 6.6-6.8

Temp is 72-78 degree's through out the day

They're growing under 2x 100w Advanced LED diamond series grow lights

They both were completely fine last week, i have never given them any nutrients. they're both 1 month and 1 week old growing in a 20 gallon tout tub that has separators in it I've been trying to do a lot of research to find out what the problem is before i do anything to attempt to fix it but i just cant find anything that looks identical to this help please :S

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

PH run off seems a bit low... ideal PH of soil shoild be 6.8

If the PH of soil is low it may start creating lock out defeciencys of nutrients.

The only other option aviable is to feed them, 5 weeks with out nutrients is along time & MJ can be very hungry lil girlie with present symptoms being of a multiple nutrient disorder aka more than 1 problem if the ph isn't fubar.

Soo to raise my runoff PH its safe to water the plants with 7.8ish PH water? Sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to growing mj this is only my 3rd attempt and only my first with soil.

I would be more inclined to get a soil moisture/PH probe from a local garden centre/DIY/Hardware store and test the actual soil PH level.

I personally don't test PH of run off myself as i'm more of a organic faith & friendly microbes/bacteria man 'n' let it sort it out self naturally :peace:

How ever testing run off shows signs of ambient soil PH from the leaching effect, which means your soil has a natural PH of 5.8 as an educated guess, but most decent brands of soil/compost should have PH value written on the bag it self !

This may be partly due to materials used by fox farms in their compost being of slightly acidic nature & if this is the case dolomite lime may be required to adjust PH levels of compost to a more favourable level.

If you do raise PH level of nutrient solution & measure run off PH value, it would have to be an experiment conducted by your self to gauge results... it may provide suitable results ?

Well i added some FF big bloom at about 1/2 strg and the new growth no longer has burns a the tips (for now) I think they may be good now. Im super excited for this grow as the sour diesel plant is a clone i got out of NYC was pricey but this is the real thing here. Also the advanced led lights kick some major ass. Thanks for the advice fuzzy duck! Much appreciated. Is there anyone on the site thats got a lot of LED experience that you know of? i've got a couple of questions about them.

IMG_0565.jpg

as you can see the blue dream (up front) looks damn happy now the sour diesel still looks a little angry back there but the new growth looks good. Sorry for the led light interference.

Ye SteveHman is a fellow of reputable LED knowledge with a fair few growths under his belt with em, he's link to his guide Stevehman's LED Buyer's Guide i'm pretty sure he be happy to answer a few questions for ya.

Definitely an issue with not having any nutrients for its life yet. By that size and age they are exploding with new growth and thus need a ton of good energy/food/nutes whether those are organic or chemical based nutes they need some! Glad the tiger bloom worked out for ya! If you are looking for new nutrients next grow check out Blue planet nutrients, sponsor of this site and they are awesome. Ton of people use them and swear by em plus they are cheap and formulated for herb!

Back
Top Bottom