Plants yellowing halfway thru flowering?

noobie97

Okay guys here's the deal...

running a sealed room with a sentinel co2 burner and controller. Temps are at about 80-85F. Humidity is at around 40 but drops down to around 30 when the humidifier runs out of water.

Using house and garden nutrients, at about half dose 3/4 is the most they have been feed.

Halfway through flowering I get these yellowing flowers that die off and yields seem to be much lower than expected.

Just got the bluelab guardian and have been getting more accurate pH readings than my previous pen, could the problem be pH related?

The plants are droopy in pics as they are wilted, could that be the problem?
Here's the pics

223.jpeg

220.jpeg

The bottom picture looks like phosphorus deff to me but the middle pic shows yellowing of bottoms so that could be Nitrogen and the pic under that with the lime green looks like Magnesium!! So it prob you PH that is out, found that out and some more info on grow medium an nutes and get back to us.
And have you been watering with more nutes to sort the problem because they drooping a lot now.
But defo get ph checked then feed with ph'd water. I'd start by takin some of the really bad leaves off, soil can get a bit toxic to the plant if the ph out an you keep feeding it.

Hope this helps mate:peace:

The bottom picture looks like phosphorus deff to me but the middle pic shows yellowing of bottoms so that could be Nitrogen and the pic under that with the lime green looks like Magnesium!! So it prob you PH that is out, found that out and some more info on grow medium an nutes and get back to us.
And have you been watering with more nutes to sort the problem because they drooping a lot now.
But defo get ph checked then feed with ph'd water. I'd start by takin some of the really bad leaves off, soil can get a bit toxic to the plant if the ph out an you keep feeding it.

Hope this helps mate:peace:

Thanks alot for the input! I just feed last night with a full dose of nutes, cal mag and I ph'ed it with the new bluelab guardian. It seems to me my old pen was not reading correctly, as this is the first time I have ever had to use pH up. Will let you know how we're looking after I head over there tonight!

Top dress your soil with 1/4 cup per gallon of dolomite lime, it will buffer your pH and keep it in range despite whatever pH of your nutes. The more the pH of your nutes the faster it will use up your dolomite. I find that dose lasts about 6-8 weeks, should be enough to take you through flower.

Is the dolomite lime more effective than using pH up in the nutes?

Yes. I'm not suggesting you purposely pour nutes that are way outta whack on there, but dolomite will make up for a lot. If your nutes are way out of range it will just use the dolomite up faster but it takes weeks.

Back
Top Bottom