Platinum Cookies, Sour Diesel, Pineapple Haze, Purple Queen

Gru

6 strains in title, 7 technically but it won’t be counted here.

Attempt 1:

Well I germinated a bunch of seeds (1 purple queen, 1 Biscotti, 1 Sundae Driver, 2 Cereal Milk) pretty self explanatory. I do nothing special. Used a Glad container and a moist paper towel on top of running Mars TSL 2000 that I had Patio Baby eggplants and peppers under.

I labeled the lid in the order of which I put the seeds. I may or may not have flipped the container around checking on them so I could be wrong on which strain is which but I have a pretty good idea of what’s what (maybe).

So I started the seedlings in some small 4” containers with the last of some FFOF I had left over.

I had germinated 2 cereal milk seeds. Both damped off, 1 survives to this day (cloned seedling)

I got to thinking, “I have more space in this tent” may as well germinate some more.

So I germinated another purple queen, a sour diesel and 2 platinum cookies about 2 weeks after my first germ session.

After a while of vegging and upgrading pots I eventually moved the vegged plants their final resting place, or so I thought, 3 gallon bags with the exception of the Biscotti, Sour Diesel and Sundae Driver which went into 5 gallon bags.

Ultimately I ended up using Kellogg’s organic indoor potting soil (2/10 do not recommend) amended with perlite.

It came preloaded with fungus gnats. After prolonged periods of drying out, diatomaceous earth, mosquito bit tea and sticky traps to no avail I used Garden Safe spray which seems to have done the trick.

I apologize in advance for the lack of veg and early flower pics.

The setup:

5x5, VIVOSUN cube top tent
6” VIVOSUN exhaust fan / carbon filter
Some Lasko tower fan.
Chinesium light, slightly under 4x4’ 720 watt ‘Magicbook 2’ (it works well)

Ultimately I ended up using Kellogg’s organic indoor potting soil (2/10 do not recommend) amended with perlite.

It came preloaded with fungus gnats. After prolonged periods of drying out, diatomaceous earth, mosquito bit tea and sticky traps to no avail I used Garden Safe spray which seems to have done the trick.

I apologize in advance for the lack of veg and early flower pics.

The setup:

5x5, VIVOSUN cube top tent
6” VIVOSUN exhaust fan / carbon filter
Some Lasko tower fan.
Chinesium light, slightly under 4x4’ 720 watt ‘Magicbook 2’ (it works well)
Hate those dam gnats. :Namaste:
You have to cook those bags before you add them to your room.
That's one reason I like coco.
Always sterile.
Looking forward to some pics when you get time.
Hope everything else is going well my friend.
Take care. :passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I used fox farm trio plus the 3 powders, TPS billions and TPS cal mag.

All plants were mainlined and quad lined.

They did well with the exception of 1 purple queen and 1 platinum cookies.

Granted I always run into problems somewhere along the line but these have been problem children.

The purple queen always looked sickly like it needed more nitrogen. Yellow leaves, droopy.

The platinum cookies was just bad. Brown spots, dying leaves etc.

I wracked my brain: all of them had the same feeding routine, same soil, same environment etc.

I pH’d my nutrients from 6-6.8. I flushed with tap water at end of veg, nothing.

Flipped flower flushed with pH’d Floracleen. Looked better but not great.

PH was 6.7 at runoff, 6.8 according to soil test meter (don’t trust it anyways).

I used fox farm trio plus the 3 powders, TPS billions and TPS cal mag.

All plants were mainlined and quad lined.

They did well with the exception of 1 purple queen and 1 platinum cookies.

Granted I always run into problems somewhere along the line but these have been problem children.

The purple queen always looked sickly like it needed more nitrogen. Yellow leaves, droopy.

The platinum cookies was just bad. Brown spots, dying leaves etc.

I wracked my brain: all of them had the same feeding routine, same soil, same environment etc.

I pH’d my nutrients from 6-6.8. I flushed with tap water at end of veg, nothing.

Flipped flower flushed with pH’d Floracleen. Looked better but not great.

PH was 6.7 at runoff, 6.8 according to soil test meter (don’t trust it anyways).
If your going to set your ph in soil 6.3 is what you should aim for.
Are you letting the soil dry right out?
In soil I feed, let dry dry then plain water then dry dry.
Lifting pots to tell for sure is good for judging if she is dry enough to feed again.
Just keep repeating full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph to run off.
Let dry.
Plain water.
Let dry.
Feed , dry , water, dry, feed , dry........etc.
In flower you don't don't need to dry as much.
Just my method that works. :Namaste: 2 cents.

Bill284 😎

So I pulled a big no-no: a week 2 or 3 transplant.

Got FFOF filled some 5 gallon pots about 4 inches full of soil.

Inverted the plants scraped off the top player and transplanted. Backfilled and topped with soil.

I’m had my gnat problem dealt with, pH was good (allegedly), plants were flushed so salt buildup shouldn’t have been an issue so that left me thinking a root issue.

Well no, the 2 plants to this day look like hell.

I’m at the end of week 7 of flower, so don’t be surprised by any funny looking leaves on most of the plants, not going to lie I’ve been neglecting them on the problem solving front, just don’t care lol.

Pics to come in a few hours

If your going to set your ph in soil 6.3 is what you should aim for.
Are you letting the soil dry right out?
In soil I feed, let dry dry then plain water then dry dry.
Lifting pots to tell for sure is good for judging if she is dry enough to feed again.
Just keep repeating full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph to run off.
Let dry.
Plain water.
Let dry.
Feed , dry , water, dry, feed , dry........etc.
In flower you don't don't need to dry as much.
Just my method that works. :Namaste: 2 cents.

Bill284 😎
I do a wet dry cycle.

A pH’d plain water followed by 1 feeding a week.

I do the lift test. I’m pretty consistently watering twice a week and one of those is the feed and I water till run off.

Water Monday, feed Wednesday or Thursday. So on and so on

I would like to add: with the exception of the diesel, all plants are set to finish at the 8-10 week range.

I do a wet dry cycle.

A pH’d plain water followed by 1 feeding a week.

I do the lift test. I’m pretty consistently watering twice a week and one of those is the feed and I water till run off.

Water Monday, feed Wednesday or Thursday. So on and so on
Your putting them on a schedule, I’m so sorry but it’s not a great way to do it.
You can go 3/4/5 days sometimes in veg before they need fed again. :Namaste:
Have you read @Emilya Green ’s thread on watering?
It might help a bit.
With out seeing them it’s difficult to pinpoint your issue.
But giving her thread a read and phing to 6.3 will improve your grow going forward.
Hope it doesn’t seem like I’m giving you greef my friend.
I just want to help.
I’ll see if I can grab a link for you.
If we are lucky and she isn’t too busy Em might drop in and help.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

I only water when the soil is dry.

In veg I would only need to water once a week usually.

I have a certain philosophy when it comes to plants and that is that stress isn’t necessarily a bad thing and can actually improve what the plant bares.

These plants are far from over/under watered.

Biscotti:

379F1672-6EA8-475B-9775-01B006A74AEB.jpeg

58CDFA89-63FD-4C05-B3E4-EC4AFEA655D5.jpeg

346E78F8-B153-4B27-872C-77B4D6834248.jpeg

I’ve been preemptively spraying a water and hydrogen peroxide solution just in case of some wayward mold or fungus.

Despite the problematic Purple Queen it seems to have no problem putting of weight and growing.

The tents humidity is a little high at times max 70% and the daytime temp is usually 82 f and 72 at nights.

The plants are a little over a foot away from the light

Back
Top Bottom