Please get everyone to vote liberal for legalization in Canadian election

OttawaGreen

If you want legalization in canada then please get everyone to vote liberal this election. We need everyone who is pro marijuana to vote! Yes, many of you are too lazy, but please for the sake of ending prohibition go and vote liberal, and give your friends a ride there too and make sure they vote.

End prohibition!

Thanks for the thread OG

Hmmmm.... Satellites. Trudeau, Harper.... Lots to say but -on the subject at hand -

If I get time I'll look it up and post it here but, bit stupidly busy atm- if anyone else has the official stance of the parties on cannabis please post.

I emailed Mulcair two months ago, here is his reply, word for word. As for the Liberals, you only get to scam me once.

Mr. Quemedica,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the NDP's position on marijuana.

First, it's undeniably clear that the Conservatives' war on drugs isn't working—criminalization is not the right approach. While our American neighbours are moving away from the discredited prohibition model, the Harper Conservatives are promising more of the same costly and counterproductive policies. That's why New Democrats continue to focus on harm reduction rather than criminalization.

We believe that Canada needs a balanced, evidence-based approach that focuses on health promotion, public safety and public education. The NDP will continue to support:

- Research to investigate potential medical benefits of marijuana.
- A public health approach focused on education, and where necessary, treatment and harm reduction.
- An independent commission that will consult Canadians on all aspects of the non-medical use of marijuana, and will recommend possible regulations for its use to Parliament.

For more information, you can read our dissenting minority report in response to the House of Commons' Health Committee study. The attached document presents a thoughtful, realistic, and achievable ‎direction for Canadian marijuana policy moving forward.

Rest assured we'll continue to focus on harm reduction and potential medical benefits of marijuana.

Thanks for contacting me.

All the best,

Tom Mulcair

M.P. (Outremont)
Leader of the Official Opposition
New Democratic Party of Canada

11168768_476484412508263_6110796289039955734_n.jpg

Not to mention they will allow you to grow up to 6 plants for personal.

Yes this is worth it! The revenue and jobs and being able to grow and smoke legally is best. I don't give a shit about antique satellite dishes.
No matter which politicians win they will not fix the countries problems for real, they will all make bullshit promises, that's what politicians do. But if we could just leagalize then tens of thousands of new jobs and a 20 billion a year industry to tax, even if the government screws it up some it would still be a life saver economically and no more worrying about Leo at the door...

Did you make this picture? Or get it online? I was trying to find it on image search but no luck. I want to put the one without 420mag in corner on my Facebook. Could you pm me a link?

Thanks!

If politicians where intelligent, I know that's an oxymoron, here in Canada, they would take the same stance Colorado did. Treat it like alcohol and tobacco and allow anybody that wants to grow for their own use to do so, allow private dispensaries and legal growers to supply the dispensaries. This kind of setup would be a "cash cow" for the government and virtually eliminate the black market sales of cannabis.

Governments already know that it has medical applications and is NOT the "devil weed" that the 30's propaganda made it.

The Harper gov't, for political reasons, tried to change the laws so that even those with their medical cards could no longer grow and had to buy from gov't regulated grow-ops. And yes many of those that had their med-cards were abusing the situation and growing to supply the black market, but all the Conservative gov't did with this new law was force those who DID grow for medical/personal use to buy from the Gov't dispensaries. And WHO owns the grow-ops? Who else but friends and supporters of the Conservative gov't.

As for the NDP's response above, that's just a typical "smoke and mirrors" political response. There is no needs for further research to determine if cannabis should be legal. There SHOULD be more research to determine its medical applications but there is NO reason for it not to be legalize NOW.

There is a SLIM chance that Trudeau's Liberals will legalize cannabis, but they would require a majority gov't to do it, and even then, will they take an intelligent approach to legalization or just continue on with a modified Harper type plan.

IF the Liberals would put forth an actual plan for how they intended to proceed with legalization, that was truly intelligent, then they would get my vote.

Harper needs to go!
PM Harper announces plan to strengthen anti-drug strategy | Watch News Videos Online

" campaign pledge would see an extra $4.5 million per year, on top of the $22 million currently budgeted, for an RCMP team designed to crack down on illegal drug labs and marijuana grow-ops."

The war on drugs is going great for Harper and his private prison campaign funders. Just keep putting people in prison for profit, it worked so great in the USA

Yes this is worth it! The revenue and jobs and being able to grow and smoke legally is best. I don't give a shit about antique satellite dishes.
No matter which politicians win they will not fix the countries problems for real, they will all make bullshit promises, that's what politicians do. But if we could just leagalize then tens of thousands of new jobs and a 20 billion a year industry to tax, even if the government screws it up some it would still be a life saver economically and no more worrying about Leo at the door...
Just like your average citizen would say I don't give a shit about weed tokin potheads. The issue isn't the "antique" satellite dish or cannabis, it's about the scams and scammers who sell out Canadians on a whim. If you want to beleive the Libs will turn back the clock on the Bay Street fat cat club, that's your thing dude, but no need to get nasty because others are highlighting who the scammers are in this country.

IF the Liberals would put forth an actual plan for how they intended to proceed with legalization, that was truly intelligent, then they would get my vote.

If that ad up above is true it's pretty damn compelling. They would probably get my vote too if they mean to legalize. I will be torn though if their representative in my area is the same ugly beady-eyed greedhead as they ran last time.
Since we don't vote directly for the prime minister, I usually end up voting for whichever political representative in my area is the least horrible. That has proved to be the most important thing in my area anyway. When the one person representing my area in Ottawa is willing to put sense before greed, and fight against some of Harper's catastrophic plans for my land - I have to vote that way whichever party they're from. The last few election years around here, there has been the very rare appearance of one forward thinking person on the list of options, so there was no choice but to vote for him, especially compared to the other monsters on the ballot.

Sorry if I came across like a dick. My point was they are all scammers. "Burn me once" doesn't work unless you are only going to vote independant. All parties are full of shit and all will burn you more than once.
The average Canadian should care about ten thousand jobs and billions in revenue. We could export the stuff. We don't hardly produce anything anymore and this would change that. North American economy is Brocken since we can't all work service industry and sell each other burgers while we make no products here and expect economy to Grow. Plus save a billion dollars a year on the war on drugs...

I guess I should further explain myself as well. There's a huge difference between party cronyism and the blatant sellout of an entire population to corporate interests. A population which is then stuck to buy expensive, mediocre products and services from government sanctioned cartels or risk ending up with a criminal record. That kind of sellout has only happened twice in this country and the perps being Liberals and now Conservatives with cannabis. It's not something you lightly forget from one election to the next.

I am a government hater too;-)
I know they are all liars and cheats and so on, I just want to be able to smoke and grow without fear one day. Not asking much. Don't expect any of them to do much to make things economically better, just want legalization.

Back
Top Bottom