Please give me some advice

Calif0rnia

How you guys doing?
I really need some advices from you guys lol
I'm originally from japan, but i've been in Santa Barbara CA about 5-6 years now.
I didn't smoke when I was in Japan, but since I got here, I've been smoking every single day...and I'm pretty sure that smoking marijuana helps me pretty much for my depression and increasing of appetite.
If I dont smoke, I dont feel like eating at all... (when I went back to my country to visit some friends and my family...I lost about 8-10 pounds in a month or less...I was less than 120 pounds..even my height is 5.8 feet)
So, I've asked some of my friends who have medical card in CA, about how to get it and if it's possible to get one even if I'm not the US citizen.
But, all of them seems like not sure about it...
So, if you guys could give me some sort of idea of what kinda person is eligible for getting one and where to go get the card, that'd be awesome...
I know japanese asking this sounds pretty weird..but I'm sick of spending time trying to get marijuana and asking my friends to get some for me.
Thank you for your help and time

i'd say call your local dispensary and ask them. or call a dr. from our list and ask. its a good question. maybe someone else can give you a better answer than me. my guess would be that if you are a legal resident you should qualify but its a guess. if you call someone please let us know how it works out.

Welcome To 420!
:passitleft:

I went to a Clinic in L.A. today and received my first Medical Card.
It is very easy, especially if you use Pot instead of Proscription Drugs that have side effects.... Anti depressants, Heavy Pain killers and such....

You do not have to be a citizen of the US or a citizen of the state for that matter. MMJ recommendations are on a need basis so if a MMJ says that you can benefit from the use of MMJ, you'll get a recommendation.

You will need to provide some medical history though. That can be as simple as bringing in a recent pill bottle for whatever ailment you've gone to a regular doctor for. If you haven't been seeing a doctor for depression and don't have any antidepressant prescriptions, they may still provide you with a short term recommendation that they will extend if you go to a regular doctor and come back with a valid diagnosis.

HOWEVER, I MUST WARN YOU THAT IF YOU GO TO A PSYCHIATRIST, DO NOT MENTION MJ OR ELSE THEY MIGHT FORCE YOU INTO REHAB. See my post about MMJ discrimination!

You need to be a resident of that state. If that was not the case, people from every state would go and get recs in mmj states. I know I would...

To my knowledge, in california you need either a california driver's license, or a california state ID. You don't need documentation of your health situation, but you do need to prove residency.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace:smokin:

Hi Judia,

Welcome to the forum.

FYI - in California you don't need to have a card to be protected from state prosecution but it can help the cop identify and confirm your status in a pinch.

You can still get a Dr's recommendation and the specifics do not need to be revealed to the state - it's your private business.

:cool:You will need that Recommendation to gain access to any Dispensaries...
Go to a local Magazine or book store and buy a Local Medical Marijuana Magazine. They run adds for Doctors that are much cheaper and qualified too. This is what I did.....Its a great way for Newbees.....:slide:

Back
Top Bottom