Please help 16 day old seedling is dying

What's funny is that in all this talk of flowering I have been keeping a close watch on Eve (Auto NYC) to make sure that she wasn't flowering early.

Here she is yesterday.
photo_111.PNG

Here she is today (look at those white hairs sticking out lol)
photo_26.PNG

I Hope that since she has much more growth than my other that she will have a descent sized bud.

Ok its been a few days here is an update they are looking healthy and have a nice frosty look to them.

photo_3396.JPG

Look at those Trichomes on Jolene(Auto Berry Bomb)
photo_112.PNG

Eve (Auto NYC) is not as frosty but she is looking good to.
photo_27.PNG

I'm probably growing the smallest flowering plants ever lol. Talk about a Micro Grow.

Tell me what you guys think?

And also I do not have a magnifying glass when do I know these girls are ready to be dried and cured?

The best way to tell ripeness is the percentage of clear, cloudy and amber trichomes you have.

trichome_developement.jpeg

There really are no direct relations between trichome maturity, and any thing else on the plant. Especially since maturity of pistils vs. trichome maturity can vary between every strain, and sometimes between phenotypes. You can use binoculars backwards, this has worked for some growers. Beyond that.. we'll need to wait for calyxes to swell and we'll need to just guess from there.

Don't give me the credit.. I learned it all from 420 Magazine. So if anyone deserves the credit, it's this site.

60x will work great, the trichomes will be right about the same size as in those pictures, so it's going to be really easy to tell colors. Just make sure with the 60x you look at 3 spots on each cola. I like to check buds at the top, middle, and bottom on several colas each time I check trichomes. It takes eh.. maybe 2-3 minutes to do a quick check, but I end up sitting there for an hour just admiring them, and looking over my plants.

And bring something to drink with you. Coffee, Tea, Soda, anything.. you might get lost in the grow room like I do :thumb:

Very cool, Looks like you will end up with two really nice bud's there. I would still go light on the nutrients at like 1/3rd strength per gallon.

And I bet you didn't think you'd get to see them grow buds :)

The yellowing is normal as a plant gets older in flower. It's just using up some stored nitrogen, nothing to be worried about.

You know I honestly didn't expect to see some buds but I am very happy that I am!!

And The Yellowing has gotten worse today and a lot of brown spots, So I whipped up a quick gallon PH'ed at 6.6 with 1/3rd Solution of Fox Farm Big Bloom Nutes.
photo_3399.JPG

I was going to wait to water them on Tuesday like usual but the felt very empty and could use the water and Nutes so I went ahead and did it tonight.
photo_1554.JPG

Here is Eve (her yellowing is progressing but not the worst but I figured better safe then sorry)

photo_2486.JPG

Jolene (yellowing is not as bad but I want to stop it before it gets worse)

I have a 2x1.5 grow space with 2- 65 wartt cfl bulbs from Amazon. $14 each with shields total 41 Dollars. I added one more light in third grow. I keep them up 4- 6 inches due to heat. You should start with min. 6 plants any way .you always have a problem plant in the bunch.Plus half are males.(bad). Do not give up! read read read. Get a ph meter for water.ebay. Soil I use is , Lamberts peat moss with perlit ,no ferts ,just dolomite add to give the right ph.Go on line and read . Home Depot has it at a good price 3 cy. That makes a good base to start with .with experience you can add bone meal and other goodies if you have the cash. I keep it simple and add liquid ferts.

I have a 2x1.5 grow space with 2- 65 wartt cfl bulbs from Amazon. $14 each with shields total 41 Dollars. I added one more light in third grow. I keep them up 4- 6 inches due to heat. You should start with min. 6 plants any way .you always have a problem plant in the bunch.Plus half are males.(bad). Do not give up! read read read. Get a ph meter for water.ebay. Soil I use is , Lamberts peat moss with perlit ,no ferts ,just dolomite add to give the right ph.Go on line and read . Home Depot has it at a good price 3 cy. That makes a good base to start with .with experience you can add bone meal and other goodies if you have the cash. I keep it simple and add liquid ferts.

I probably asked before, but do you have a scope for harvesting?
Sorry if I have, I have a ton of journals and help topics I have to ask the same things in lol.

And they still look good, the yellowing isn't too bad, but don't feed too many nutes, you'll be flushing soon :thumb:

Thanks Antics and yes I have a 60x-100x Magnifying glass and I examined trichomes 2 days ago and they are still clear so not yet time till harvest.

Today was watering day so here is some updates and man are these ladies looking good.

Eve (Auto NYC)
Trichs are taking over!! and she is still gaining vertical growth
photo_29.PNG

Jolene (Auto Berry Bomb)
She might actually be passing Eve in growth and with her being a mutant that might actually be a good thing she is growing some crazy looking buds with pistils coming out of everywhere.
photo_39.PNG

Back
Top Bottom