Please help 16 day old seedling is dying

I would try the normal water that has not been PH'ed for one watering, and watch the plant for the next day or so after that.

Ok thank you I watered her this morning with normal water and just got home from work, she looks completely fine still growing but I wont know if she is taking the water well until a few days from now.

I will keep everyone updated and ofcoures provide nightly picture updates.

Ok here is a quick update for everyone.

Eve (Auto NYC)
photo28.PNG

She has been looking great and the lush green keeps on coming along with vertical growth.

I think she is enjoying the neutral water and the purple as you can see is going away.

I have no clue if this has been said past page one, but this looks exactly like what I had with my plants, when they where in coco. I used regular tap water .. which is over the recommended 6.5 ph for coco .. this made nutrients unavailable. I repotted to biological soil and my plants bounced back.

My guess is that your medium has this same issue, based on the pictures and progression of the issue.

Here is pre-repot:
2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

Here is after:

I have no clue if this has been said past page one, but this looks exactly like what I had with my plants, when they where in coco. I used regular tap water .. which is over the recommended 6.5 ph for coco .. this made nutrients unavailable. I repotted to biological soil and my plants bounced back.

My guess is that your medium has this same issue, based on the pictures and progression of the issue.

Here is pre-repot:

Here is after:

No no one has said this yet PlanetJ but yes I think that's exactly what happened the seedlings were just cut off from nutes and now that they have way better growing conditions they are thriving.

I read your entire grow reports and wow they give me some serious hope to see that your seedlings were at 27 days old and looked just like mine then bounced back to look how they are today almost ready to be harvested that's amazing.

Looking much better Joe! Keep going man, we might have this all fixed up so you can move on with the grow :thumb:

Coco should be 5.5-6.1 (5.8 ideal)
Soil should be 6.0-6.8 (6.5 ideal)

I should have added this in my previous post:
pH_chart712.jpg

And it sounds like you're almost in the clear. Now at their ages, you might see some nutrient deficiencies start to appear, so be prepared for that, and don't panic.

It looks like the lowest leaves on Eve might not recover, but the rest of the leaves look great :thumb:
I think we found that your previous soil may have been the biggest contributor to the problem. Good work man!

I couldn't of done any of this without everyone's help especially yours Antics you are very knowledgeable.

You are right about her lower leaves I am not positive If they will ever recover but the rest of her growth is amazing and I promise to keep a very close watch on her from now on. Thankfully the new soil worked and she has been doing great.

Also thank you for that image that will come in handy.

Ok here is an update for Jolene (Auto Berry) she has been put on the back burner to this thread because she has been a mutant from the start and Eve (Auto NYC) has been doing a lot better.

Jolene has been growing well since the transplant also and she is a very nice green color

The reason I am writing this post today is to ask why is she already showing the white hairs this early they are everywhere.
photo_110.PNG

photo_2_2_1.png

Notice the long white hairs growing out of her.

photo_36.PNG

I could be wrong but my understanding is autos have a built in clock they will flower at so many days no matter what. A grower friend of mine in Hawaii calls them 90 day wonders. Even though she is small she may be right on time genetically.

I could be wrong but my understanding is autos have a built in clock they will flower at so many days no matter what. A grower friend of mine in Hawaii calls them 90 day wonders. Even though she is small she may be right on time genetically.

You know I was thinking the same thing because I have also heard something along those lines, and even though she is so small she is technically actually 50 days old.

Maybe her clock is coming to an end so she is starting her flowers or should I say flower now, And if that is true oh god so much time wasted for what could possibly be a bud that is not actually smoke able.

This also worries me about Eve (Auto NYC) because as of today she is 27 days old but maybe I saved her in time for her to grow atleast a few leaf sets and give me a small harvest.

She might grow a little more ... and the bud will be smokeable .. and since you are only using a few cfl's, I would not worry too much ... if you had a 400w HID lamp above it, I would start over to avoid wasting energy. You might get a killer cola ;)

She might grow a little more ... and the bud will be smokeable .. and since you are only using a few cfl's, I would not worry too much ... if you had a 400w HID lamp above it, I would start over to avoid wasting energy. You might get a killer cola ;)

Thanks PlanetJ you are right it may not be the best yield in the world off of these two but atleast I learned so much because of them and my next grow is not going to be auto so ill let that baby Veg out and see how things go.

that's the problem I found with autos, too; issues early on cannot usually be rectified as you're limited by its built in clock, that's the only reason why I said to reboot. if they'd been regular plants I'd have said carry on as you at least have a controllable window to recover them, dude :peace:

We all have the wrong approach here!

We shouldn't be looking at this like "Ah man they're small and flowering". Flip it around man, you were able to bring these two girls from almost dead, back to life, and make it into flower. This isn't an "Aw shit" moment, this is a "Fuck yeah!" moment.

This is also why I stopped with Autos and am growing photo strains. Now don't get me wrong, I would absolutely grow another auto if it was the strain I wanted, but I'm just enjoying the flexibility the photos give me.

And as for you Joeshmo, pat yourself on the back, and have a smoke. You did a damn fine job bringing these girls back. Take good care of them now, and they'll still give you some AMAZING smoke. It won't be a lot, but it'll be enough to enjoy your hard work!

Great job brother! +Reps for you!

As Antics stated, though you may never get a massive yield off this grow the knowledge you have gained is not measurable. Your next grow will be easier and exponentially larger. Good job on saving these plant's from an early death. I killed my first one in just 3 weeks.

:bravo:

We all have the wrong approach here!

We shouldn't be looking at this like "Ah man they're small and flowering". Flip it around man, you were able to bring these two girls from almost dead, back to life, and make it into flower. This isn't an "Aw shit" moment, this is a "Fuck yeah!" moment.

This is also why I stopped with Autos and am growing photo strains. Now don't get me wrong, I would absolutely grow another auto if it was the strain I wanted, but I'm just enjoying the flexibility the photos give me.

And as for you Joeshmo, pat yourself on the back, and have a smoke. You did a damn fine job bringing these girls back. Take good care of them now, and they'll still give you some AMAZING smoke. It won't be a lot, but it'll be enough to enjoy your hard work!

Great job brother! +Reps for you!

You know Antics you are right I was just telling my wife how yeah they may be small and yeah the yield might be low but "Fuck Yeah", I saved them and I learned so much along the way!

Thank you all for the help I cant believe we managed to take them from the brink of death to showing new growth when things looked so far gone.

My next grow I have one seed that is not auto and I think I am going to take her and turn her into a mother and just take some clones from her. Knowing that she is not an Auto will definitely make me feel a lot better if I see any problems I will have the time to fix the issues.

Back
Top Bottom