Please help - Emergency

groguy123

Hey there 420mag,

SWIM's first ever science experiment seems to be going awry.

Its gone very well for almost 2 months, but now that nutrients are to be administered, SWIM is unsure of what to do.

Properly ph'd Nute water has only been used 2 maybe 3 times ever ( over the last month ).

SWIM suspects nitrogen tox due to clawing of leaf tips as well as dry yellowing / browning brittle LOWER ( lowes) leaves.

To remediate NITROGEN TOX does SWIM use regular ph'd water to " flush "?

HELP?
IMG_72297.JPG
IMG_72267.JPG

Sean suspects you are in way to small of a pot for 2 months.
Sean suspects you have over watered.
Sean suspects That plant is way to small for 2 months due to the pot size.
Sean suspects it's root bound.
Sean says transplant in a container 3x the size of the one it's in using new soil and your plant will probably go through a growth explosion in a week or 2.
Stay off the nutes for a while, the new soil will have them depending on what soil you are using.

Take it out of that cup, rough up the roots on the outside a bit and put in a bigger pot with good soil. Give it a thorough watering and give it good light. Once the roots take hold of the new soil you will probably see a fast reaction.
My .02

Good call fanleaf. I was going to get into the flushing process, but I believe you're right on with being rootbound. That girl needs to stretch her legs a little.

So guy what are you growing in?

I'm in Foxfarm Ocean Forest right now. Just started flowering a 1 month old AK47. Shes in a 5 gallon air pot. Here is a pic of her when she was exactly 30 days old from the day the seed broke soil.
canopy_lastt_veg_day9-14.JPG
IMG_036529.JPG

That's a huge frigging plant for 30 days old.
Are you giving that thing 'roids or something?

It usually takes me two or three weeks before I can even think about training.

That's a huge frigging plant for 30 days old.
Are you giving that thing 'roids or something?

It usually takes me two or three weeks before I can even think about training.

lol. I know, shes a big big girl. I put her in 12/12 the day after that pic so on the 31st day old. To be honest I'm just wondering if a few of my "mess up's" I had with her didn't make her that big. I had a 300W advanced LED only inches from her for the first week + (like 3-5 inches) and she was on 18/6 from day one. She never burned or bleached and then after a week or so I raised it up to a foot. Then a week later again I moved it up to 14-18 inches.
I started her in straight FFOF and didn't even cut it with Perlite. I had a mag deficit you can see the remnants of (distilled water) in the pics but I have that under control now.
I kept a daily log for her so I can try to duplicate those results again. 8-14 is when seed broke soil and she went to flower on 9-15 looking like she did the pics above. She was topped the first time above the 4th node on 8-26th and again 3 nodes later on 9-4.
Just FFOF and 300W LED and FF nutes with added superthrive and CalMag super cropping and topping 2X.

Shes been flowering for 5 days now and looking better than ever. Shes got roughly 15-18 tops at canopy level. I'm gonna put some new pics of her in the journal I have in the "in progress" section.

Sean's suspicions seem to be right.

SWIM swapped it out of the tiny cup / into a larger container and it appears to be loving life again.

+100 to SEAN.

Im using some organic soil from a local hydro shop called black gold and it has earthworm castings and perlite in it ( among other things )
the fellow there seemed to most likely know my intentions and assured me that it would work just fine , the next step up was ProMix but i didn't need a huge bag of it.

Back
Top Bottom