Please Help: Foxfarm Nutrients

Lonewolf96

Fellow growers i grow in coco and i have been using the 3 pack fox farm but the grow big nutrients below(green bottle) ive had luck but i just went to order more and it appears they differentiate between soil and hydro. Maybe i just never noticed. Should i continue to do what ive been doing or should i switch to this hyrdo variation. Ive never had issues besides some discoloration on fan leaves midway through flowering.

Screenshot_20220614-220456_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220614-220008_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Good question Im not sure but don't both need to be diluted with water therefore making them the same in theory?

But like I said idk so I will stick around for the answer to help others in the future on this topic.

Good question Im not sure but don't both need to be diluted with water therefore making them the same in theory?

But like I said idk so I will stick around for the answer to help others in the future on this topic.
Id agree but the nitrogen phosphorus potassium levels are different on the two so my main concern is a difference in nutrition delivery. I contacted foxfarm directly as well but who knows if they will answer

I have long experience with FF nutes, both in soil and in my hempy and hydro attempts years ago. Hydro, or coco in your case, needs to be pH adjusted between 5.5-6.1, in the hydro range. If you use the soil version of the nutes, they are chelated to become available to the plant between 6.2-6.8 pH, so they don't work very well in a hydro environment. The hydro version of the Grow Big is designed to be available in the hydro range of 5.5-6.1, so that version will work way better in your grow than what you first purchased. Good catch, and yes, it will make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom