Please help - I think my 1 gallon fabric smart pot has a drainage problem

popolino77

I have a 4 week old auto berry auto flower planted in a 1 gallon fabric smart pot filled with roots organic original soil and i added perlite. Since it's a autoflower and i started it in the 1 gallon smart pot i just recently started watering untill i see run off. The first time i watered untill i seen run off it only took 16oz of water and i got alot of run off the 2nd time i watered it untill i seen run off it took almost 32oz of water and i got less run off then the first time. now its the 3rd time i watered untill i seen run off and it took 40oz of water to get run off and i only got very little run off. Is this normal or do i have a drainage problem ?

It sounds to me like you are over-watering. Wait till the pot feels light, then soak well, then leave it alone till the pot gets light again.

Also, check the drainage hole for roots. It could be pot bound already. At the very least, tipping the rootball out of the pot will tell you how healthy the roots are, and if it needs up-potting. I'd go at least 2 gallon. 3 Gallon pots are ideal to take medium-sized plants through harvest.

It is said that auto don't take well to repotting, but if you are careful with the root mass, you can pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom