Please help, I'm running out of time I think!

Also, sorry for all the questions guys I'm just a major noob.. Where should I go to start a journal? It would be nice to help other noobies along the way with my journey.

Here you go - Grow Journals

Journels in progress is where you want to start your epic journey :thumb:

Im a pretty big noob as well, dont get me wrong - however iv done quite a bit of readying, along with a decent understanding of Bio/common sense.. Id say stem looks alright, looks similar to one of mine at the same stage.. If you wanna grow in a plastic cup, i woulda recomended one with a white inside to help reflect more light. Also maybe wanna look at building a reflector for your bulbs so the light energy is concentrated onto the plant. If your interested i could show you how i built my reflectors that seem to be working well (all you need is two dollar store products and a soldering iron).
I might be wrong, but soil looks a tad dry - i purchased a little spray bottle - dollar store - good for spraying the leaves (with plain water only) - keeping em cool if you wanna run close to the bulbs.

Also deff wanna get some airflow going, PC fan, small table top fan, anything to move the air, and shake the stem a little - this helps strengthen the stem.. If you're worried about the stem, throw in a bit more soil around it for support.

good luck bro

Thank you FuzzyDuck for the link, appreciate it. :thanks:

Yeah Roachman, I'd deff. like to know how you build your reflector, if I have that, I can most deff. get rid of this white cardboard box (only reason I'm really keeping it is because it's white on the inside so it spreads light to the plant better). I do got a big vertical fan blowing inside the box, you can see from the pics above, on 24/7 and it's making my seedling do a little dance all day so I'm not too worried about airflow, and I also got a lil spray bottle but I haven't been keeping the top of the dirt somewhat wet.. I use it for my full on waterings that have been needed about every 2-4 days (I check my saturation in my dirt with the 'ol finger trick and if it's dry up to my second knuckle, I spray the cup/seedling/dirt down till it's dripping water from the holes at the bottom of the cup and the dirt it is saturated up to my second knuckle).

So update real quick on my plant guys.. Things aren't looking too good today, she has progressively gone more yellow and her leaves are now starting to droop, I fear the worse... Take a look.

day_148.jpg

No expert here.. Id say maybe too much nutrients? or some burn from the lights.. hence the brown tips. My leaves wernt droopy at that stage.. maybe too much watering (but by the sound of your watering i doubt), or not enough light.. Imma be busy tomorrow, but friday i plan on re-foiling my second reflector, so when i take it down ill take piks/write a description on how to build and will post. Ill let you know.

Roachman said:
No expert here.. Id say maybe too much nutrients? or some burn from the lights.. hence the brown tips. My leaves wernt droopy at that stage.. maybe too much watering (but by the sound of your watering i doubt), or not enough light.. Imma be busy tomorrow, but friday i plan on re-foiling my second reflector, so when i take it down ill take piks/write a description on how to build and will post. Ill let you know.

Its probly the soil, it seems to hott for a seedling. I think if you want it to grow you should take some water and flush it like a beast and see if that helps. I just started a seedling that's 3 days old and is healthy, after I tried replication of your setup. I know you said your tight on money and I hear ya on that but if I were you I would spring for some fox farm ocean forest, there big bag is only 20 something and the small one around 10 bucks. FFOF gives your seedling enough food for 3 weeks then its up to you my friend.

ONE LOVE

hi , i used to veg under low energy bulbs, you don`t say what type yours are but best results are from cool white or warm white they have the full spectrum blue to red but have a bias toward the blue end.
however i found the amount of bulbs i needed for good growth was getting cumbersome to many bloody bulbs so i switched to 38 watt cool white flouresent tubes, my veg room is aprox 5 ft by 2 ft by 6 ft and i enploy a max of 5 tubes, 4 for the first 4 or 5 weeks and 5 for the rest of the time and an oselating fan [ heat control ] as they do generate a little heat,
each tube puts out 1300 or so lumins so all 5 = approx 6500 lumins [ 600 hps = 9000 lumins ] the tubes are 4ft long and i put them about 12 ins above the plants to start with that increases to about 18 ins when plants start to grow [ 6 inch ish ], to prevent streaching
results are good healthy plants

Back
Top Bottom