Please help, I'm running out of time I think!

Klownface

Sup fellas,:cool:

My seedling is 11 days old and her leaves are starting to turn light green/yellow on the tips... Here is a picture, the photo on the left is from 3 days ago and the one on the right is from today, you can see a significant change in color and it's got me worried.

P.S. - I'm completetly NEW to this whole growing thing.. Any tips/help is very very appreciated, thank you. :thanks:

3_days_apart_seedling.jpg

Need more details about what your doing for a proper diagnosis. What lights? What temps and humidity? What water? Are you using nutrients? What soil and amendments? whats your soil ph and water ph?

Chances are that the soils too hot or your ph is off...

Alright bro I'm down to help but you gotta help yourself first. What kinda soil are you using, how did you prep it? We need to know more then what you have before you we can help.

Any nutrients?

Thanks for the response guys. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Basically it's a bagseed I don't know the genetics but most my seeds come from kush I've gotten.

My growbox is a carboard box that is 12"x16" with white painted on the inside.
There is a vent hole on the top of the box and on the side, and I got a vertical fan blowing inside the box 24/7.
The lighting is 2, opposite light spectrums, CFL's (24w) running 24/0.
I'm feeding her some standard Wal-Mart drinking water, I heard from some people that it's about 6.8 in pH but I'm not sure, I don't got a pH tester unfortunately because I'm broke.
The soil was some random organic soil my mom keeps for her plants out on the porch, but the bag has been finished and is now gone before I can see the brand name.. If I had to guess, this stuff's like 25% perlite, 10% branch, and 65% organic dirt.
As for my seedling, I germinated her using the wet paper towel method, once she sprouted her root about half an inch I placed her in wet soil inside a blue solo-cup with drain holes in the bottom.
I'm not feeding her any nutrients.
I've been having to water her every 2 or 3 days, I do the finger method to test if the soil is dry, when it is and the top of the dirt looks crusty that's when i usually water her.
I don't have a thermostat unfortunately so I can't test humidity and temperature but if I had to guess it feels like room temperature around 75 degrees inside the box, but definitely not warm or hot.

Here's a picture of my grow area and this is what I got going on. :thumb:

grow_area1.jpg

I know it's ghetto.. any pointers to improving this bad boy is much welcomed :grinjoint: lol

Oh, and the lights sit around 1 1/2 to 2 inches from the top of the seedling.

Heya,

From the pics you supplied and your above comment, more than likely they are positioned way to close to the light, try dropping the white box you have underneath your pot, and see how you go, also you may want to rotate your pot ocassionally i noticed her stem is bending towards the light from sitting in one position to long.

I had a problem recently with 2 of our plants... didnt know what it was, looked similar but my plants are more advanced than yours

My solution was : Give them a feed don't be scared most new growers are to scared to feed and you end up starving and stunting them... weed plants are pretty freaking resilient, my hubby cooked one of our girls for 6+ hours and she was all shrivelled up and a bunch of her fan leaves fell off, and the new growth looked fucked too... thought she was gonna die... and now shes lush and beautiful again after a bit of love... lol

So yea for you i'd say : Get rid of the white box you got under ya pot, give em a feed, and keep us updated on how your going... your plant honestly don't look that bad, i seen worse lol.. just give her some love and she'll be right..... :thumb:

Agree, most people say that cfls don't burn plants but they do if kept to close and little air flow. I would move the pot away about half of where it is now or less. Most thing you said seem alright but I would deff get a thermostat in there to watch.

I don't think the cfl light will cause a problem at 2 inchs even for very young plants, you could raise it an extra inch tho to allow for growth rate every few days tho.

The defeciency occuring is difficult to tell at the present moment in time as many defeciency can resemble each other in the early stages... Its just lacking nutrients & by the plant showing defeciency in the older leafs show signs of macro nutrient defeciency either N or P due to stage of growth.

I would recommend feeding the plant at 1/4 strength recommended allowence of a nutrient feed/solution suitable for the veg phase of growth.

Fish mix/emulisifir nutrients are pretty good if you wish to maintian an organic aproach for growing in the veg phase & help create benifical microbes 'n' what not in the soil for improve plant growth & nutrient uptake :love:

Fuzzy Duck hit the nail on the head I believe as well as the other comments :) just be light with the nutrients... 1/4 strength like FD said...

If you go the organic route, look into compost teas... very cheap to make, and will do your plants wonders throughout your grow :)

worm casings are a good source of N as well as many other goodies for your soillife

fish emulsion like FD mentioned is excellent..

cold pressed seaweed is another good amendment for veg.. b vitamins, enzymes, trace elements and growth regulators and hormones :)

You should get yourself a grow journal started :) it will allow you to document your grow so you and other's can learn, as well as we all can follow along and help out if needed :)

whats the soil? To me they look to to be in too strong a soil, start them in seeding soil then you can pot up to the regular stuff when its time, they'll pull through it tho, just slows growth a fraction, could pour some water through the pot to get rid of a lil nutes. Get a pc fan on an adapter for that hole in the box blowing out :)

Sup fellas, sorry I've been away a few days had a busy weekend. Appreciate all the feedback! Thank you! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, I did a couple things you all suggested, I lowered my plant from the CFL's about half way, now I don't know if this is exactly the problem because like FuzzyDuck said, they really ain't that hot and when I have my hand above my seedling (from her position in the photo above) it wasn't hot at all.. But I don't want to take any chances. Some of you said Nitrogen defiency and I was looking around the forums a bit and from the looks of it that's quite possibly the main issue.. Now, I heard that I could mix my urine with water to get it Nitrogen? lol I'm just curious because I'm a little broke and can't afford supplements at this time :[. Here is a picture of what she looks like now.. It's has been 2 days she's been this far from the light, she's looking ok, still standing somewhat stiff, but the yellowish has definitely gotten worse. :hmmmm:.

I will try to get a thermostat as soon as possible, that probably won't be for like another 3-4 days but it's definitely a must, right? And also, do I want high humidity for my seedling or low humidity? I know I heard that you want really low humidity when she is in the flowering stage but I'm not sure about the seedling...

Flipflopbob, I don't know the exact soil brand unfortunately :[ my mom tossed the bag before I could check it.. BIG NOOB move not checking it at the beginning lol. As for that fan, I wish I had one, I know they are cheap but my family and I are currently living on slim-pick'n's since we are not doing so well financially.

So guys, I spoke with a buddy today and he said I should cut a litre bottle in half, spray some water on it and place it over my seedling for a day or so every other day? Is this any good? I haven't tried it but if I were a seedling, I'd imagine that being very refreshing. :yummy:

Roachman, check out my picture below, this is what's going on with her now.. Look'n a little not on the green side... :bitingnails:

seedling_day_12.jpg

Also, is her stem looking healthy? I notice it's a bit brown near the dirt but that could just be staining from it? hehe

Also, sorry for all the questions guys I'm just a major noob.. Where should I go to start a journal? It would be nice to help other noobies along the way with my journey.

Instead of the bottle I have seen ppl use plastic bags, like the sandwich ones. You spray it down a little and cover it and it acts as a mini heat dome. I would try that.

As for humidity I would say around 50ish, I can't fully remember to be honest.

In a prop tank u want your humidity really high! during veg relatively high60-70 and lower for flower, quote"The soil was some random organic soil my mom keeps for her plants" what like multi purpose? :p I bet that the 1st set of 2 round leaves were a bright yellow, is just a lil strong, flush thru some water or wait she will eventually out grow it. 2/3 times ya pot size volume of water,pour it thru, there will be plenty nutes left until you pot upto the next size,

So I got her in a humidity dome (but using plastic bag), she's just chillin right now, I'll post a pic of her tommarow.

So for sure I want high humidity throughout veg stage, so should I just keep on the humidity dome/bag and spray the dome/bag everyday? Lol and yeah flipflipbob, my set-up is pretty cheap lol, I do want to get a dresser or some kind of cabinet, when I get lucky and find one out by a dumpster I'll deff. get to using that lol but for now I must settle with this carboard box rig. Btw, guys are my lights sufficient enough? It's 2 opposite spectrum CFL's, both 26 watt each so about 52 watts for my one baby.

Back
Top Bottom