Please help me!

4" rail and 3" net pots. I chose the 3" pots over 2" because the rock wool cubes I chose were 2" and I wanted the 1/2" of empty space all around my cubes for medium... (I simply used 1/4-3/8" pea gravel), did this to kinda create an area for o2 while top feedings were going on (first week)

Quick question to whomever feels they know the answer..
While ventilating, is a fan necessary (and by that i mean to be hitting the plant itself) or can you just have a fan connected to an exhaust above in order to release excess heat if your temp will then be around 75 to 80/ the temp it needs to be at...?
Please advise

There are multiple ventilation requirements - each different.

A circulating fan is used to provide a slight breeze on the plants and to ensure air movement over and around the plants. A slight breeze on the stem will help to stiffen it up so that it supports the buds later in life. Air movement over and around the plants is beneficial due to the fact that you are keeping a constant supply of new CO2 close to the leaves.

The second issue is ventilation of the grow space. The plants will quickly exhaust the CO2 in any enclosed space - even with a circulating fan. So you need a certain amount of air flow thru the grow room in order to bring in fresh air. This is typically used as a way of controlling humidity as well.

And 70 to 80 is good. 75 is claimed to be perfect.

:goodluck:

Quick question to whomever feels they know the answer..
While ventilating, is a fan necessary (and by that i mean to be hitting the plant itself) or can you just have a fan connected to an exhaust above in order to release excess heat if your temp will then be around 75 to 80/ the temp it needs to be at...?
Please advise

Plus still air is a paradise for pests and mildew. Even if you can get a small fan and direct it to gradually blow in towards the wall of the grow area, the air will continue to flow wherever and swirl randomly in the room. This adds to strengthening branches, replenishing CO2, helping heated raise air, deters the air from becoming stilled.

What would you all say is the most important part in the beginning stages of a plants life if grown in soil or just in general..?

Back
Top Bottom