Please help

NZwarrior

I'm not sure what is going on with my plants it's not my first grow and this is the first time encountering this sort of problem ATM I'm watering once every 3 days with nutes.... Any help and guidence would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20181213_195004.jpg
    IMG_20181213_195004.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181213_194957.jpg
    IMG_20181213_194957.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20181213_194954.jpg
    IMG_20181213_194954.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20181213_194948.jpg
    IMG_20181213_194948.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20181213_194923.jpg
    IMG_20181213_194923.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 27
nutes every time, and not every other time? That might be it... too many nutes. Watering every 3 days sounds like your schedule and not the plants... are they drying out each time all the way to the bottom? Tell us more, type of soil, pH you adjust all of your fluids to, type of nutes....
and are you giving any calmag+ with your nutes? This does sort of look like a magnesium deficiency from the little I can see in the pictures... a picture of the whole plant from the top and from the side would be helpful.

I follow the diagram for nutes and I use coco soil I am going to purchase a digital photo meter in the next half hour when my local grow shop is open this maybe the main problem.... I also use bottled water from supermarket untill I can afford a filter for my tap as the water in my city is heavy in chloramine... If you can offer anymore advice that would be super cool

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_082505.jpg
    IMG_20181214_082505.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181214_081853.jpg
    IMG_20181214_081853.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181214_081820.jpg
    IMG_20181214_081820.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 15
Oh ok so my tap water should be ok to use??? 10 mins till my shop opens then I will test my water and tell you what my pH is I'm really hoping this is the problem... If it is should I flush? Or just keep going normally but with corrected ph... Thanks alot for your fast replies

With such small plants and containers you dont really need many nutrients, Looks like Ph and over watering like Emilya is saying, You can use tap water just let it air out for 24-48 hours, I always bubble my tap water too just before putting in nutrients or using in general, I find it helps and doesn't cost a lot for an air pump with stone from pet store. My first few grows I over thought every nutrient thinking thats what it was, Few grows later It seems that Ph and Watering less Works 75% better. You dont need a fancy p.h meter just have it calibrated properly.. If using R/O water for p.h meter your goignt o be getting bad readings every time so dont even trust it, use liquid test for R/O water ( meter costs about 500 for R/O )

Reading your post the problem is that you are feeding every 3 days with nutes. In coco coir (a hydroponic medium) its important to feed nutes every day at least once. If hand feeding once is enough but using drippers or other automated feeding x2 or x3 is better.

Make sure your PH is between 5.5-6.2 but ideally set it at 5.8 as that will allow the best range of nutrients to be absorbed. You can not over water coco but if run of is sitting in trays that can cause problems.

For vegetative growth an ec of 1.4 is ideal (700ppm on a 500 conversion), even with small plants as it keeps the coco charged. You can use tap water if its not too hard, i base my nute regime of a water starting point of 0.3ec (150ppm).

Have read of my How to grow in coco thread. There is lots of useful info there and you dont have to use the nutrient regime i have there as a guide.

Remember coco is hydroponic growing and nothing like soil, so you must feed daily and keep on top of ph for best results. That is assuming your room environment is correct.

Wow thank you very much I was doing it all wrong

With such small plants and containers you dont really need many nutrients, Looks like Ph and over watering like Emilya is saying, You can use tap water just let it air out for 24-48 hours, I always bubble my tap water too just before putting in nutrients or using in general, I find it helps and doesn't cost a lot for an air pump with stone from pet store. My first few grows I over thought every nutrient thinking thats what it was, Few grows later It seems that Ph and Watering less Works 75% better. You dont need a fancy p.h meter just have it calibrated properly.. If using R/O water for p.h meter your goignt o be getting bad readings every time so dont even trust it, use liquid test for R/O water ( meter costs about 500 for R/O )

im not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying feed less often and dont use a ph pen? thats not good advicde at all. coco requires feeds daily and a ph meter is a must. ph meters do manage RO water, although there is more fluctuation as RO water has no minerals or metals to stabilise it. RO water is actually not great for growing although it can be used well if you know what you are doing. Tap water is better in most cases. Ive grown 10's of thousands of plants and from experience thats my finding.

1 other thing I must ask which I'm confused about how much water do I actually give them... Not enough to get run off and saturate the coco??? I'm just about to up pot within the next couple of days so what is the exact amount of nute water per liter of coco?? Thanks

Thanks guys got a bluelab pH meter and put my pH to 5.8 and now all is well and my plants are growing super nice thanks a bunch cult and emz

Back
Top Bottom